• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Skinny Wrist Club thread

solipsistic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/11
Here's a skinny wrist mod I did on an older TC bracelet. I couldn't get a good centered fit so I removed the last screw half link at the 6 o'clock end of the bracelet (the part that connects to the clasp).

pgfmXt6.jpg

It actually works well and looks okay, but I do worry about the increased wear in the last link over time (then again, it's a rep bracelet so who cares).
oIBJGO1.jpg

D

d4m.test

Ym 116622 40mm with a bracelet that needs to be tightened. 6.5 inch skinny wrist.

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
Here's a skinny wrist mod I did on an older TC bracelet. I couldn't get a good centered fit so I removed the last screw half link at the 6 o'clock end of the bracelet (the part that connects to the clasp).

pgfmXt6.jpg

It actually works well and looks okay, but I do worry about the increased wear in the last link over time (then again, it's a rep bracelet so who cares).
oIBJGO1.jpg
How were you able to remove the link and reattach to the clasp? This may actually work for the GMT Master, Exploer, and SD as that is how the gen bracelet is. It always bothers me that they don't get this very easy tell right. Thanks for the great idea!

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
BP V2 Silver dial with oyster bracelet and 2824 Asian Clone, dial relumed by Kenny. Bought it m2m here at RWI, actually. Probably one of the most versatile watches I have.

View attachment 85165

Definitely a PERFECT size for us in the club :)

The one thing holding me off was all the polished areas of it - is it not a scratch magnet, or is it not so bad?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

The one thing holding me off was all the polished areas of it - is it not a scratch magnet, or is it not so bad?

Well I'd like if I said it's fine. Nope, it is a scratch magnet indeed. But I think these things give a watch some character and if it bothers you you can always end up polishing it once in a while.

Just in case you weren't convinced about the oyster combo, check this out:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-datejust-review

D

d4m.test

I also found that the 40mm rolex dd is a perfect fit for my wrist. I'm roughly a ~6.25 in wrist, and it just fits. Here's a link if you want to see what the watch I got looks like, I know andrew isnt a TD, so you can prob source this watch from a TD. http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=16600

The watch is very nice, I would recommend it for small wristers (6-7 in)

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Well I'd like if I said it's fine. Nope, it is a scratch magnet indeed. But I think these things give a watch some character and if it bothers you you can always end up polishing it once in a while.

Just in case you weren't convinced about the oyster combo, check this out:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-datejust-review

Yeah I've drooled over that article many times ;-)

I really wanted to get the new ARF 36mm but I feel like they completely missed the dial colour for the silver.. it's almost yellowish/beige from all photos I've seen. Nothing like gen.. then also the fact that the dial isn't even in the edges.. Hopefully they fix it in a future version. Guessing I should try a BP until then!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
My problem with the ARF is not only the dial colour but the crown position. In a gen Datejust, the top part of the crown isn't touching the chapter ring, whereas on the ARF the top part of the crown is right inside the ring so to me that's a complete dealbreaker, unfortunately. Plus the fact that sports a 3135 clone. I like to stick to 2824's in my watches.