• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Silencing the Miyota rotor on AP JF 15400

mid106

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/19
hi guys , will it be the same process on a 15202 miyota ?? its kind of noisy and sticky .

VCMUAD.jpg

If you remove the center screw of the rotor, the bracket comes off and you will see the hole.
Look inside this hole as you turn the rotor and stop moving the rotor where the screws are visible.
Insert a screwdriver into the hole and remove the screw.
(There are 3 screws visible in the hole while turning the rotor.)

madmax42

13/5/18
Hi I just received ZF 15400 today and I noticed I could actually see the bearings from outside. So can I just take the caseback off and drop some D5? Center portion of ZF's rotor looks different than JF's

madmax42

13/5/18
Also can I use Moebius 8000 instead of D5? Moebius 8000 is available on Amazon..

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Most all of these 9015s used in replicas are Chinese clones, with rougher machining on the rotor bearing trays (see pic). You can diminish the sound the rotor makes on these by micro-polishing these parts below to a smooth, mirror-like finish, then adding your lubrication of choice. Take a look at the picture below. These are two rotor assemblies from two different reps using 9015: not only are they different in construction, but also different in quality. The one on the right is worse, and louder. But both have a rough finish to the rotor tray where the ball bearings travel. That bumps in the finish jolt the bearings against the assembly and create the scraping sound you here. Eliminate the roughness and you reduce the sound. It is a good weekend project. Have fun with it. Just do not lose the bearings when you take the assembly apart: they are very small and there are no replacements readily available.
VXEoHb.jpg

Last edited: