• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH4131 VS. Gen4131 disassembled comparison pictures

mmwatch

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
1/3/21
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
It looks amazing, I wonder why the factories don’t offer a more “high-end” version of their movements with better finishing.. I understand that here is where it gets more expensive but I’m sure many would be willing to pay the premium to get the improved looking movements ootb. Specially when/if the Le Mans versions comes out..

Me personally I wouldn’t mind to pay the premium, specially because where I am (in Malaysia) I don’t think there are any moders that I could use to work on the watches/movements.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
It looks amazing, I wonder why the factories don’t offer a more “high-end” version of their movements with better finishing.. I understand that here is where it gets more expensive but I’m sure many would be willing to pay the premium to get the improved looking movements ootb. Specially when/if the Le Mans versions comes out..

Me personally I wouldn’t mind to pay the premium, specially because where I am (in Malaysia) I don’t think there are any moders that I could use to work on the watches/movements.
Just use gen parts.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
It looks amazing, I wonder why the factories don’t offer a more “high-end” version of their movements with better finishing..
Because that's where the money is. It takes far more expensive machinery (for a MVT such as a Rolex) or house of hand work by highly skilled artisans (for high end stuff such as AP). Even with an entirely machine made MVT such as a Rolex some parts are hand polished and it would triple the time taken to build a given movement. Even the machine used to make things like screws would need to be upgraded requiring an investment of millions to satisfy a small number of people.

mmwatch

Certified
1/3/21
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Because that's where the money is. It takes far more expensive machinery (for a MVT such as a Rolex) or house of hand work by highly skilled artisans (for high end stuff such as AP). Even with an entirely machine made MVT such as a Rolex some parts are hand polished and it would triple the time taken to build a given movement. Even the machine used to make things like screws would need to be upgraded requiring an investment of millions to satisfy a small number of people.
Thank you for the explanation, it makes complete sense to me now. I will do some research in the forum if I can find information on known modders to the forum based in Asia. 🙏🏼👍🏼

Reactions: CTime

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thank you for the explanation, it makes complete sense to me now. I will do some research in the forum if I can find information on known modders to the forum based in Asia. 🙏🏼👍🏼
Our main Asia-based modders are Watch Mansion and AMF, both have sections here.

Reactions: Uhr70 and mmwatch

jak_vik15

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/3/22
Is there any news on the availability of gen 4131 parts and their swappability with the SH4131?
As far as I can tell, the latest 126500 releases by Clean (and wonderfully displayed by @CTime ) are getting strikingly close to super-rep territory on the visual side of things.
In terms of raising the quality of any rep, I think the more money you sink, the better the end product.
I'll be on the lookout for gen parts as they come up, as I would love to build a 126500 panda on a cheaper budget.

Reactions: CTime

NOTT3

30/6/23
italiy
Hi everyone

Here is the official release now!

This SH4131 was built based on SH4130 and has 75h power reserve. Clean took part in the movement building with SH(Jinghe) movement factory and in charge of the movement polishing, plating, engraving and assembling. This means Clean has the exclusivity to SH4131 movement.

Clean has done a lot of improvements on SH4131, such as overall polishing, reshaping oscillating rotor, upgrading the rotor bearing, rebuilding the auto device bridge, changed the shock absorbing part of the balance wheel... The problems like chronograph hand wrongly zeroing on SH4130 will be solved this time. The stability of this movement is much better after testing.

This movement is a true clone of 4131, we can see no much difference on the parts, and polishing is much better than other SH movement. It’s almost competitive with DD4130.

That's all for now, we will bring you more interesting content in the future(hint: 126500/126519 comparison)

Love
Ctime
Good job! but we are not yet at DD4130 levels

Levko

Just looking
3/10/23
Is the automatic barrel bridge of the sh4131 identical to the one found in the 4130?, are they interchangeable?