• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH4131 VS. Gen4131 disassembled comparison pictures

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hi everyone

Here is the official release now!

This SH4131 was built based on SH4130 and has 75h power reserve. Clean took part in the movement building with SH(Jinghe) movement factory and in charge of the movement polishing, plating, engraving and assembling. This means Clean has the exclusivity to SH4131 movement.

Clean has done a lot of improvements on SH4131, such as overall polishing, reshaping oscillating rotor, upgrading the rotor bearing, rebuilding the auto device bridge, changed the shock absorbing part of the balance wheel... The problems like chronograph hand wrongly zeroing on SH4130 will be solved this time. The stability of this movement is much better after testing.

This movement is a true clone of 4131, we can see no much difference on the parts, and polishing is much better than other SH movement. It’s almost competitive with DD4130.

That's all for now, we will bring you more interesting content in the future(hint: 126500/126519 comparison)

Love
Ctime

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Many thanks for the review!

From the pictures escapment and balance seem quite different from gen and most likely incompatible with gen parts (espceially if you look at mainplate). They seem to have had a "VR" approach on that part
Still a very nice initiative, and so nice to see a clone so soon. I can't wait to see the full watch (I love these new daytonas :) )

Reactions: CTime

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
I dont know. From looking at side by side, it's clear that the mainplate is missing some jewels and has a few extra things which tells me that gen balance wheel, pallet fork, escape wheel and bridge won't fit. Plus hearing that the SH mainplate is bigger than gen 4131 mainplate, which is a huge step back.

Kind of disappointed, tbh.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Outstanding work @CTime

It’s great to see that the rotor bearing block is completely full of bearing balls. This should mean a quieter running rotor.

The balance / pallet fork / escape wheel are different which isn’t surprising. There’s also no escape wheel shock setting (not a big deal).

I do wish that SH would use a proper paraflex shock setting on the balance bridge rather than the fake decoration plate on top of the real incabloc shock setting.

But overall this movement looks very promising.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Outstanding work @CTime

It’s great to see that the rotor bearing block is completely full of bearing balls. This should mean a quieter running rotor.

The balance / pallet fork / escape wheel are different which isn’t surprising. There’s also no escape wheel shock setting (not a big deal).

I do wish that SH would use a proper paraflex shock setting on the balance bridge rather than the fake decoration plate on top of the real incabloc shock setting.

But overall this movement looks very promising.
From a quick look you can tell if the balance systemand bridges would be interchangeable with the gen ones

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
Kind of feels like they rushed it.

Is DD supposed to be doing one as well?

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Kind of feels like they rushed it.

Is DD supposed to be doing one as well?
AFAIK Not now. But in future, maybe they will. @CTime why did CLEAN did not chose to partner DD again, wasnt an option?

I will pass this time. Its not a very pretty model, like a panda bear with no eyebrows, plus i wanna see half a year of reviews to see how reliaible this movement is. and the chronograph function especially.

I stick to the DD4130 daytonas.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
AFAIK Not now. But in future, maybe they will. @CTime why did CLEAN did not chose to partner DD again, wasnt an option?

I will pass this time. Its not a very pretty model, like a panda bear with no eyebrows, plus i wanna see half a year of reviews to see how reliaible this movement is. and the chronograph function especially.

I stick to the DD4130 daytonas.
I'm in the same boat. Not going to rush buying this model due to clean using sh4131.