• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3135 Essential Upgrades

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Is there anything that can be done for the date wheel not flipping over to the next date when the crown is in the second position?
Mine stopped working last week. Now I can only change the date by putting the crown in the third position and going forward 24 hours.

I've got an SH3135 V2 movement. I've recently bought a second rep which led to my 116613lb not getting as much wrist time so I endeding up winding it the morning I was planning to wear it. Could that have caused the issue?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Change the date between 7:30 am to midnight (before the date flips again). Or find a local watchmaker who is able to calibrate the Cam Yoke spring of your SH movement to fix the entire problem

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
Change the date between 7:30 am to midnight (before the date flips again). Or find a local watchmaker who is able to calibrate the Cam Yoke spring of your SH movement to fix the entire problem

Thanks, it worked a treat! One of the many reasons I love this forum. :D

Reactions: ciaoman21

Jura

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Hello. I have such a problem, a self-winding watch and it stops. 1 day wearing and the watch stops at night. Therefore, I would like to know if, when installing original spare parts 3135-540, will the automatic winding work normally and the clock will not stop?

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Jura It's not necessarily a problem of the self-winding mechanism, a movement service could solve that and in the meantime you could see if you want to install any gen parts.

Reactions: Surftime

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14

That Yoke calibration is def a must. I didnt even know wth Cr7 was talking about until I went to install a gen DW and saw that the little yoke was thinner on mine than the ones I've seen. That is why the date flips too much or not enough and gets stuck. Gen DW's have much thinner teeth on the dates so when the yoke is too wide, it causes problems. Luckily, I got my JF16610 from Cr who was able to get all the upgrades done and have the watch serviced for me.

Gen Date wheel was completely centered and flipped perfectly at midnight until I swapped the dial to a 16800 dial. Then the gen DW sat to the left of the window but I think that was just the dial's date window positioning. The ARF DW I bought with the watch (bc JF's DW SUCKS!) sat to the right of the window so that worked perfectly for my 16800 build.

If you want the perfect 16610 with a SH3135, gen DW and the proper yoke is definitely a must. Though, I have heard that some SH3135s have no DW issues.

Reversing wheels CAN be a problem but it can be fixed fairly easily. When Cr7 sent me a new set of SH reversing wheels, I figured Id see what could have caused the problem. There are 2 little lever looking teeth on the inside of the red/purple gear. Some of the reversing wheels do not toggle all the way so it doesnt catch the middle gears that lets it wind that way.

to fix that, all you have to do is remove the little rocking gears and slightly bent them forward. VERY gently because they can and will break if you put too much pressure on it. Once I slightly bent the toggling teeth, it worked like a charm.

While you're doing that, peel the red paint off the wheel. They will all eventually flake off of the wheel. You do not want that to happen. Its a latex based paint so you can just peel the paint off.

Aside from that, I have not had any problems with my SH3135 movement.

Reactions: KJ2020

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Yes, you're right, the Cam Yoke Spring is a must.

Some people say that it should be included as part of service but they dont have a clue what they are talking about, like that italian guy. Service doesn't include repair or restoration. However, service includes replacement of parts (o.c. replaced parts are always on the owner's expense). But, I usually include those parts free , and even send it for free, whether they buy watches from me or not, if I have the spare parts.

There are several ways of fixing the quickest issues, either replace the parts with GEN (which can be time consuming and expensive) or fix (calibrate) the tension level of the calender mechanism which is very time consuming, and can damage the movement if overdone.

Some dateplate of SH3135's are alot smaller than GEN which will have problems , others that fit perfectly will work at first but then it will eventually stop working as they are not made for GEN DW's like bc1 noted the difference between them.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Hello. I have such a problem, a self-winding watch and it stops. 1 day wearing and the watch stops at night. Therefore, I would like to know if, when installing original spare parts 3135-540, will the automatic winding work normally and the clock will not stop?
Check for broken barrel teeth

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
My SH (serviced) has stopped engaging the date flip (position 2) at any time over 24hrs where it’s set to. Date still flips at 0:00 everyday though, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Service has nothing do to with date flips, repair or restoration. Your DW needs to be repaired.

Reactions: stufuse

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
When I say your DW needs to be repaired you're probably thinking "what the heck is he talking about, how can i possibly repair a DW". But if you pay close attention you'll figure it out, i hope.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Members sent me a few of these problems alike for repair. My watchmaker would fix them sometimes on site within 10-15 minutes, if he wasnt buy. It's an easy fix.

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
My SH (serviced) has stopped engaging the date flip (position 2) at any time over 24hrs where it’s set to. Date still flips at 0:00 everyday though, any ideas?

If the crown "clicks" on all the positions then you most likely rule out keyless issues, so probably the quickset wheel does not engage. As far as the regular date flip at midnight, it's a different part that does that, but it's good to rule it out too.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Ya , correction , what I said earlier only applies if the Datewheel is stuck at certain number (assuming #2) at all times but works good on the rest of them, or even a few sometimes.

If "position number #2 in application of engaging the crown" then its definently a faulty or misaligned wheel, or anything that is connected to the date corrector (3135-465)

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
stufuse also check here: https://rwg.cc/topic/191054-3135-movement-help-quickset-date-issue/
The quickset has been one of the hit or miss issues of the SH, so you might just be out of luck, and like said that ain't got nothing to do with servicing. But you'll need to open it up again to have it fixed at some point.
Ya, this thread you noted is for date flipping issue only where the problem is date wont change from midnight-7am (some watches 4:30 a.m.)

But sanding the DW will not fix the problem at all, as sanding will make it fit , but it wont change the tension issue on the spring.

The spring needs to be either calibrated, or some parts needs to be replaced , and date plate is not one of the parts as stated by the same member.

Reactions: stufuse and KJ2020

waterproofpt

7/4/13
BC Canada
My watchmaker replaced the Setting lever support spring part #225. And the Yoke spring part # 241 that others have mentioned.
It took care of the date setting process where before it would not set unless it was between 7-10. Sets anywhere now.
Also the winding process is better. Not skipping when winding.
He was inclined to replace the setting lever spring part #230, but didn’t do it in the end.

For the yolk spring he said the one in the SH was too thick and was binding. He tried to sand it down to make it thinner ... but it was also shaped slightly different.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Thanks chaps, very useful info. Just to clarify, yes the crown clicks in all positions as before, it only stopped engaging the date the other day when wanting to quickset.

waterproofpt

7/4/13
BC Canada
Thanks chaps, very useful info. Just to clarify, yes the crown clicks in all positions as before, it only stopped engaging the date the other day when wanting to quickset.

That exactly the problem I had and replacing the Yolk spring seems To have corrected that and made it better than it originally was.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
That exactly the problem I had and replacing the Yolk spring seems To have corrected that and made it better than it originally was.

Nice one!

KeesKnakworst

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
This makes me very tempted to try my junior watchmaking skills and buy a 3135 clone and upgrade it with gen parts..