• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3135 Essential Upgrades

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Your PR starts with the winding process. Do you have real reversing wheels? If so then I would look into the main spring. You can get the main spring with the barrel and spring pre-installed. Easy replacement.

Thank you Rob as always :) yeah I have gen reversing wheels in.

Surftime

Known Member
15/10/17
SEACOAST
occb2 Thank you. Members like you make RWI such an Awesome Forum! Any other known pitfalls when changing SH3135 autowind mech? Am I doing the right thing to change it before it fails/or fouls up another part of the movement? Thanks Again Brother!

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Hi !

First thanks to RWI and all this thread participants, it's an amazing source of information.

I have a noob question on sh3135: I'd like to regulate mine but i don't know how.
I imagine that i have to move the circled parts in the picture bellow but which does what ?
Vogf8e.jpg

nonox

30/3/12
Move the lever in the red circle on the left will stretch the balance spring and speed the movement. Move the lever on the right will relax the balance spring and slow the movement.

Move the lever very gently because it’s very sensible.

The other lever (green circle) play on the beat error but don’t touch it if you don’t have a Timegrapher.

Here is some explanation:

https://wahawatches.com/how-to-regulate-your-own-watch/

Honestly it’s quite difficult to regulate the watch without a Timegrapher, it’s possible but it will be long

OmegaRox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/17
The JF or SH3135 main calendar plate is not the correct size. There are a few work arounds but I prefer to change the whole plate. The part number is 3135-600. That will solve your problem.

You can remove the ruby that attaches the date wheel. You can also sand the lip on the inside of the date wheel plate. Those are the two steps that will free it. Some people will sand the date wheel which is just crazy in my opinion.

There are a few things that I do for a 3135 rep when I am building it for myself of good customers. I have not had one return either.

On the old yuki the calendar plate was fine. On the SH they are too small for a real calendar wheel to move well. Also the SH and yuki have the issue of not change the date between certain hours.

This will fix it.

You need the calendar plate, the intermediate date gear, the correcting spring and the correcting gear. I like opening up the winding bridge and changing the large crown gear too. Then I also change the two winding gears. I know it is a little expense but it will make the wind feel as real as possible because all the winding parts are real. I of course also changed the whole auto winding gears and bridge and oscillating weight. This has made all the 3135 work amazing. I did have one issue with my person Yuki once because the power reserve was crap. It ending up being the main spring and I popped in a real one and solved the issue.

Now those are the essential upgrades for the calendar and winding. You still need a great cleaning and PROPER oiling. I have seen movements done by members here where they are soaked in oil. When it coms too oiling a movement the less the better. You dont want too see the oil at the end of the tip of the oiler. If you can see it take a piece of roddico and remove the extra.

Now each movement is different. Inspect each gear and pinions. On the old yuki most of them had terrible hand pinions. Lots were bent. So I would replace them. Couldn't stand too see real rolex hands not sitting flush or bumping into each other.

I hope this helps. The SH and Yuki are large improvements for us in the rep world. I look forward to getting my hands on a rep 3235 to learn it and see how close it is to real and putting on real parts. Our hobby is just getting funner by the day.

This is great information and it has helped me but I’m wondering what the part numbers are for the correcting spring, the correcting gear, large crown gear and the two winding gears. I tried using the search for those terminologies but I’m coming back blank. Thank you.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
This is great information and it has helped me but I’m wondering what the part numbers are for the correcting spring, the correcting gear, large crown gear and the two winding gears. I tried using the search for those terminologies but I’m coming back blank. Thank you.

Read the thread, it is written

nonox

30/3/12
Sorry I must have missed it. I have read this entire thread so many times and didn’t see it.

Look at the post #3, you have everything you need to make sh3235 more reliable.
To my experience, I change date plate #600 to add gen date wheel and date jumper #614 to have a date wheel perfectly aligned.
I change date wheel mounted and date finger #625 and #623 to have a perfect instant date change at midnight and to be able to change the date at anytime.

Reactions: Rolemars

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Move the lever in the red circle on the left will stretch the balance spring and speed the movement. Move the lever on the right will relax the balance spring and slow the movement.

Move the lever very gently because it’s very sensible.

The other lever (green circle) play on the beat error but don’t touch it if you don’t have a Timegrapher.

Here is some explanation:

https://wahawatches.com/how-to-regulate-your-own-watch/

Honestly it’s quite difficult to regulate the watch without a Timegrapher, it’s possible but it will be long

Thank you!

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hello guys. I have 2 questions. Is VR3135 better than SH3135? And if I buy gen autowind modul (3135-145 if im not wrong) are all necessary parts in it or I need smt more and what exactly?
occb2 can you help me bro, I saw you know a lot about this? Please and thank you in advance

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Well, to be precise, VR3135 is good, but the closest rep 1:1 to GEN 3135 movement would be :

Main plate SH3135, and the rest of the parts VR3135, as the VR3135's fork pallet area is designed like SA3135. It makes sense to call them SA3135 v2 as oppose to VR3135, but that's a question better left for all our members decide here based on preference and after all its was the VRF that started these so its complicated..lol

The VR3135 is good with its original DW as some have shown severe datewheel alignments issues when GEN DW's installed...

again since they are relatively new it will take some time to obtain a full community sample as oppose to my selective sample of just a few movements since each badge is made differently

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: occb2 and Surftime

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Well, to be precise, VR3135 is good, but the closest rep 1:1 to GEN 3135 movement would be :

Main plate SH3135, and the rest of the parts VR3135, as the VR3135's fork pallet area is designed like SA3135. It makes sense to call them SA3135 v2 as oppose to VR3135, but that's a question better left for all our members decide here based on preference and after all its was the VRF that started these so its complicated..lol

The VR3135 is good with its original DW as some have shown severe datewheel alignments issues when GEN DW's installed...

again since they are relatively new it will take some time to obtain a full community sample as oppose to my selective sample of just a few movements since each badge is made differently

honestly I never read of alignment problem of GEN DW on VR3135, but problem on the date change spring that is woo weak and need to be stronger. Alignment was nevere an issue.
If you have other experiences to highlight, please tell us! :)

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

Perfectly said!!!

Reactions: KJ2020

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Mate, you're saying that with a vr3135 and a gen datewheel we have a not centered number like the sh3135??
Mate, some do, some don't. I had 3 of them. Two was good - one was not. Just like SH3135.

I also had issues with the datefinger like you said. When I installed the GEN DW it wouldn't click as the spring was not strong enough for it and it was pushed by the date finger.

Reactions: occb2

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I hope the 2 I bought will be ok in positioning. I took them to forget the DWO on 2824 and the wrong positioning that makes me crazy!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Mate, you're saying that with a vr3135 and a gen datewheel we have a not centered number like the sh3135??

No brother. What I am saying is that with a combo of the SH and the VR we have almost a perfect movement. To fix alignment issues, which I, personally have not had with 4 movements, and I just ordered 2 more, one has to change a few parts like the 3135-614. I haven't had to do it but from the SH issues that part handled it.

I still yet to put a hybrid together. I am more worried about all the jewels lining up and working with all the pinions on everything. At what point to you stop? I have had zero issues with dials fitting the VR movement and making the date wheel out of wack. Again I use real date wheels. I have had only one issue with first VR not snapping into date and I replaced the 3135-623, 625 and 241 and it snaps perfectly.

Also the SH had date wheel adjustment issues. We were lucky enough to get the date to not flip almost 2 dates in the start. Also get jammed. Between the SH date finger and the spring and the fact that the date plate is way to small for a real date wheel. We are lucky that the VR date plate just needs an adjustment or change on the date jumper.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Unfortunately, in my case we used a GEN DW on the VR3135 and mounted a GEN Rolex dial correct for 3135 movement and the alignment still sucked. So when we switched the date plate to SH3135 then it was good...

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
Is there anything that can be done for the date wheel not flipping over to the next date when the crown is in the second position?
Mine stopped working last week. Now I can only change the date by putting the crown in the third position and going forward 24 hours.

I've got an SH3135 V2 movement. I've recently bought a second rep which led to my 116613lb not getting as much wrist time so I endeding up winding it the morning I was planning to wear it. Could that have caused the issue?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk