• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sea-Dweller 16600 - franken project | case work

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I6Cj0Eg.jpg

Reactions: johnlia

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Forgot to post these yesterday.
This is how the case looked like after the 2000 grit paper and before the final buffing :

BQEtaOv.png

1BW6Uk8.png

bL50u3v.png

Ftml6y1.png

NGyp29l.png

Reactions: Palace

Palace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/18
Germany
This looks awesome. Thanks for bringing us along the journey, very detailed and insightful - especially for me, since I am new to the watch game. :)

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Forgot to post these yesterday.
This is how the case looked like after the 2000 grit paper and before the final buffing :

BQEtaOv.png

1BW6Uk8.png

bL50u3v.png

Ftml6y1.png

NGyp29l.png

Amazing work brother..

Have you seen the sa3135 BPSD case in person yet?

Im wondering if the crown height is correct, as all the non 3135 bpsd crown height is too low...

its very, very minor difference but its there, thoughts?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Thank you domsdaddy123 ! This is the 3135 bp case unfortunately...

The stem height however is correct on this.

I know i haven't nailed the shape 100% but i find it way better looking than before. I blame it on the TC case that served as an inspiration :)

Sent from the RWI App

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Great job andrei, officialy a fan of yours from now on. Love such projects

Thank you Asmodeus ! I really appreciate your positive feedback.

I ve put a lot of work in this case and it took me a lot of time, mostly evenings, to get it done. So i really enjoy people appreciating my work .

Next hurdle is fitting the gen crystal.

The problem is that the bp case isn't gen spec in this regard as everyone here probably knows already. So the only manageable way for me to get around this is to improvise a gasket.

And since i don't have a small lathe, my best bet will be to grind away some of the height of the gen gasket which is 28.5mm in diameter and fit that inside the bp gasket which in turn it will fit the case.

Hopefully this will hold the cryatal in place and also offer some water resistance.

Sent from the RWI App

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
My fabulous plan failed this evening :)

I've managed to make the gen gasket less tall but stacking 2 gaskets on top of eachother and pressing them together just isn't possible.

So the next solution i have in mind is to make a custom nylon gasket . Here are some drawings that will makes things more clear :

kVimNlm.png

And here is the custom gasket i need :

r9fB4xd.png

Will search for a company able to make such gaskets.

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
My fabulous plan failed this evening :)

I've managed to make the gen gasket less tall but stacking 2 gaskets on top of eachother and pressing them together just isn't possible.

So the next solution i have in mind is to make a custom nylon gasket . Here are some drawings that will makes things more clear :

kVimNlm.png

And here is the custom gasket i need :

r9fB4xd.png

Will search for a company able to make such gaskets.

Hey bro, theres a member modder in EU who has perfected modding bpsd to fit gen xtal..are you familiar? I know him but for some reason I cant remember his handle, hes a cool guy...

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
What is about using a Daytona crystal from a 6-digit series (eg. 116520)
Some people installes these crystal on their BP SD. Daytona crystal are also without cyclop and available with LEC

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Some people installes these crystal on their BP SD. Daytona crystal are also without cyclop and available with LEC

Yeah that can be done but might as well do gen sd if ypur goimg to bother imo...

andrei01 Im sure you know Phong has a killer 66 and 666 SD case with almost perfect lugs and cg....did you not want to $$ ??

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Hey bro, theres a member modder in EU who has perfected modding bpsd to fit gen xtal..are you familiar? I know him but for some reason I cant remember his handle, hes a cool guy...

I've contacted Adrian some weeks ago but he kindly refused to mod the case for me.

To be honest i agree with him. Making such a modification means a lot of work and charging a fair amount would probably just not be reasonable for a replica build.

I ll take a look at the phong case, thx for the advise.

Can anyone please remind me of his web address? It seems my bookmarks are gone.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16

I thought of that as well but i always had the impression the daytona crystal is not as tall as the sd one.

Will look into this as well. Thx

Sent from the RWI App