• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI Golf League. Check in here fellow golfers!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Quick Tip Q5?

Quick golf tip from q5?:

Practice your finish.

Set up with a club and instead of taking the club back, just move forward to your finish position.
Now you want to check a few things:

1) Are you completely on your left side? Or do you still feel some of your weight on your back toe? You should be able to lift your back foot with ease.
perfect_golf_swing.jpg

2) Did your club move out along your target line with both arms extended?
Do you keep your left arm extended until your hands reach the height of your chest?
inar02_tigerwoods.jpg

If your left arm breaks at impact or just after, you are probably swinging from the outside on the downswing.

This is very important to practice. Because if you cant do it in practice, it's hard to do it when you play.

Good luck!

relayman

12/9/09
Nice tip Q5. A reverse weight shift is the main flaw in my game and the hardest to correct. When the ball is going the way of the big banana, it just seems natural to try a hit it a little harder to make it straighten out, and that just causes more weight to fall back on my right foot (I'm right handed) and for the ball to slice that much more.

When my weight transfer is good, the other flaws in my swing just don't hurt nearly as much.

:golf:

dingleberry

19/11/09
Nice tip Q5. A reverse weight shift is the main flaw in my game and the hardest to correct. When the ball is going the way of the big banana, it just seems natural to try a hit it a little harder to make it straighten out, and that just causes more weight to fall back on my right foot (I'm right handed) and for the ball to slice that much more.

When my weight transfer is good, the other flaws in my swing just don't hurt nearly as much.

:golf:

use to be my biggest flaw as well....several years ago that is. One quick fix and it went away for good

99.9 % of all (right handed) slicers have their left shoulder too high and the right shoulder too low at address. Try "leveling" the shoulders and you will see a miracle happen ;)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I played San Geronimo GC yesterday afternoon.
Six birdies, six pars and six [BLINK]bogeys[/BLINK]. :wacko:
It was fun.

BTW....This is very rare to have this kind of round. But not as rare as having 18 straight pars.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thre Rolex Range Balls

The Rolex Range Balls

The LN
RolexRangeBallLN.jpg

The LV
RolexRangeBallLV.jpg

:lol:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
One of my students wore one of these today!
thumbnail.php

It was very nice!

He wore a Titanium Pam the week before.

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
hi all, I don't know if the weather is as good where you live as it is here in France but I spent all afternon golfing under a great sky and 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30°C).

And...

:golf: this afternoon I passed my "carte verte" the exam you need in order to golf on each and every golf in France! :golf:

Then I spent a long time at the 19th...:whistle:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Congrats C3!!!!!!!!!!
:band:

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
thanks Q5!

The thing I forgot to say is that my girlfriend also succeded in this exam the same day and bought her first golf clubs too as the taylormade truck was here.

She tried a lot of stuff and ended bying custom made 5 to pw irons fitted with the 2K9 burner head and R9 women shafts. She also took a burner superfast 5 wood.
I can't wait to go out and play but the weather is not going to be that nice around here this week...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I played and shot an even 72 today!

I made par on 18 after topping the ball off the tee and laying up to 100 yards!
I got up and down after making my 20 foot putt.

I felt like Payne Stewart (RIP) when he won his last US Open.

tflgee

1/9/09
I played and shot an even 72 today!

I made par on 18 after topping the ball off the tee and laying up to 100 yards!
I got up and down after making my 20 foot putt.

I felt like Payne Stewart (RIP) when he won his last US Open.

Good round. I started off birdie, birdie yesterday and went down hill from there......

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Woods chooses home, kids over Scotland - AP headline

It's about time!

drnick

Horology Curious
4/11/09
Another golfer, hacker, I mean golfer here. Currently off a 16 handicap, but would not know how to swing a club atm!!! Blew my knee out late Feb and had an ACL reco in May (8 weeks ago). Had a small swing for the first time Sat gone, did not push it tho. Knee is coming along good as I had a different operation than normal (for here in Aust) using LARS.

Anyways, can't wait to get back to it. I had only just totally changed my grip and swing, so I think I will be fairly hacky when I do get back!

Cheers

S

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Another golfer, hacker, I mean golfer here. Currently off a 16 handicap, but would not know how to swing a club atm!!! Blew my knee out late Feb and had an ACL reco in May (8 weeks ago). Had a small swing for the first time Sat gone, did not push it tho. Knee is coming along good as I had a different operation than normal (for here in Aust) using LARS.

Anyways, can't wait to get back to it. I had only just totally changed my grip and swing, so I think I will be fairly hacky when I do get back!

Cheers

S

Sorry about you knee but glad it is mending.

Now you have a perfect opportunity to practice your "Short Game" and practice your new grip.

What did you have to change with your grip?

drnick

Horology Curious
4/11/09
Cheers mate!

Yeah that is the idea, I have been hitting the putting green a bit here and there and am almost at the point to work on short wedges.

I had a verrrrrrrrrrrrry weak grip and was blocking all my shots. I could fade them no worries, but no chance of a draw. My swing plain was way off as well. So had had a father of a touring pro helping me, which had been handy. I had only just started to get my new swing and grip into play and my leg gave out. Was a long term thing that had not been picked up on, but good to get it sorted now. I played ~60 rounds on it last year and it lasted fine, but wear and tear and weakness from a mixed netball inj in 2001 finally did it's job!

Cheers

S

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Want to share a few pics of my son......

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

Rules officials

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg