• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI Golf League. Check in here fellow golfers!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I am on vacation this week and next week, wheater is great and I am on the Golf course every day.
2 days ago I played a tournament and I shot 105 :) :) :) :), yesterday I got a 90 and today I played and I got an 81 :D :D 4 4 byrdies on the last 9 holes....I guess that is Golf, I do not understand that anymore. Anyhow, I am a happy camper again.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
guru said:

Your next round of golf will be a 79 and then you will be struck by lightening.

By the weekend you will be shooting in the 60's. :D

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
cybee said:
guru said:

I am waiting for this 79, today it was 86 :D

I am not so angry if I hit the ball and it flies 170 yards and then it is out, my problems hase been shots which are 5 yards long, we call them a topp ball, and also puts from 1/2 yard which miss the hole.
I guess I need to hold my head down :D :D :D :D :D :D

golgi

MULTI ACCOUNT
17/6/09
On short shots like that, I refuse to raise my head until the ball has long gone and landed.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
guru said:
cybee said:
guru said:

I am waiting for this 79, today it was 86 :D

I am not so angry if I hit the ball and it flies 170 yards and then it is out, my problems hase been shots which are 5 yards long, we call them a topp ball, and also puts from 1/2 yard which miss the hole.
I guess I need to hold my head down :D :D :D :D :D :D

On your short puts, it's OK to follow thru, just as you do on the long ones. Tom Watson has struggled with the yips for 20 years. Try not to let the putter blade stop after it touches the ball and you will nail those short ones every time :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Leaves are starting to turn. This means I have to look harder for the ball. Shucks![attachment=0:3u8uc5m1]IMG00139.jpg[/attachment:3u8uc5m1]

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Played a fun tournament today, just one club....took a 5 hybrid (rescue) and scored 96.... :D :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
guru said:
Played a fun tournament today, just one club....took a 5 hybrid (rescue) and scored 96.... :D :D

Best ball or on your own? :D I am infamous for using my putter as my only club. :wink: Good work on your part in any event. :D

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
R2D4 said:
guru said:

Best ball or on your own? :D I am infamous for using my putter as my only club. :wink: Good work on your part in any event. :D
regular Stableford, just one club, no putter :D :D

werflga

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/06
Love this thread. I have been in the golf business for the 20 yrs. Started in repair and on to the course as an asst. pro and back into the repair side. I have an addictive personality, Golf and Watches. If any member ever needs club work done or needs parts(Shafts,Grips so on) shoot me a PM. I am in the Atlanta,Georgia area and would be happy to help if possible. I have done work for PGA Hall of Famers to the newb golfer. I use to play everyday but now down to once or twice a week. For those of you who are having problems with your game the best money spent in golf is with your teaching pro LOL.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
if I have money hand of fist, :D my week would look like this :

I would have 2.5 hours of training in the morning, 1.5 hours short play and 1 h driving range, then 2 hours brake with lunch and then 2 hours with a Pro on the course. This would cost me around 400 USD for one day.
2K for the week. Still waiting to win the lottery...........but he, the day will come and I will do it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

werflga

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/06
Sounds like you have an expensive pro but a fun day none the less. You might need him on retainer when you hit the Lotto LOL. Have him tune you up for the big show so the sponsors pay the tab. We can dream right.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
werflga said:
Sounds like you have an expensive pro but a fun day none the less. You might need him on retainer when you hit the Lotto LOL. Have him tune you up for the big show so the sponsors pay the tab. We can dream right.

A Pro in Germany is 80 USD / 60 Euro per hour. Regarding the Lotto, I spend every week 10 Euros and dream about it :D :D :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Tiger Sitting. R2 on the left.

What a rough day. Had to make sure Tiger was Ok. :lol:

tigersiting.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Tiger Tiger Tiger...I must say he had me fooled. It's amazing that such a perfect image can be created and then poof that image is forever tarnished. The funny thing if it was any other sport I'm not sure it would be that big of a deal but Tim Finchen and the golfing powers have created such a squeaky clean image of the PGA tour and now the one guy who is the face of the game has gone off the deep end...Looks like Tiger was using a 1 iron afterall : )

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Tiger Tiger Tiger...I must say he had me fooled. It's amazing that such a perfect image can be created and then poof that image is forever tarnished. The funny thing if it was any other sport I'm not sure it would be that big of a deal but Tim Finchen and the golfing powers have created such a squeaky clean image of the PGA tour and now the one guy who is the face of the game has gone off the deep end...Looks like Tiger was using a 1 iron afterall : )

2 Words for ya Cybee, "Tin Cup" Nobody is perfect! I actually sleep very well when I hear news like this. Then I tell myself, those arguments I have with my wife are small potatoes compared to other problems couples have. Life is good! :)

As far as Tiger goes, He is OCD about golf so there is a pattern. Go big or go home, that's his MO.

Cheers!

phaedo

Known Member
28/11/06
What all the screwing around done by Tiger has shown me is it is obvious to me now why my game is so bad! Not enough off the course exercise!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Quick golf tip from q5?:

Four things Great Putters Have in Common

The four things to work on are:

1st) Thumbs on top of the grip.
2nd) No wrists in your stroke. Use your shoulders to stroke the putt.
3rd) Put a good roll on the ball. Place the ball just slightly forward in your stance so you hit up on the ball. It will give it top spin.
4th) Have your eyes directly over the ball. This gives you a better vision of your line, and helps you to use your shoulders.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. FORE..................

dingleberry

19/11/09
2 Words for ya Cybee, "Tin Cup" Nobody is perfect! I actually sleep very well when I hear news like this. Then I tell myself, those arguments I have with my wife are small potatoes compared to other problems couples have. Life is good! :)

As far as Tiger goes, He is OCD about golf so there is a pattern. Go big or go home, that's his MO.

Cheers!

+1 R2. I'm ready for spring and some good golf!
:bbq: