• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"RWI" branded watch by Luthier

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
kleen, I've ben informed that for every nonsense post you make two of your post counts will be deducted.

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
kleen, I've ben informed that for every nonsense post you make two of your post counts will be deducted.

Cheers for the heads-up, Sub - but accrediting the fact that I belong to the 237 percent of the population that cannot count nor do percentages, that would hardly be relevant for me...

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Mitch, we can disagree on many, even on all things, but it doesn't mean I disrespect you. Quite an opposite. OK, here's a few answers to you:
First - I do NOT have any negative opinions about RWG, there's tons of people, whom I love and respect, and it was my home for more, than 4 years. Some shit happened between me and Administration in a matter of terminology, that was against my principles, and I stay behind my principles, doesn't matter what. Did I feel sorry, that I left? Not in a second. Will I ever come back. No way.
Why I still working on RWG watch? Because I'm professional designer, I love to design things, and this watch is my child, doesn't matter, is there RWG on dial, or my own brand name. Also - I promised this watch to the Forum, to my friends, and I'm trying to keep my promises. Always.
Second - again, and the last time about money. Yes, I'm losing quite a lot, but why nobody pay any attention to the things I said many times already? I said - more, than half of the money are in molds and fixtures. So, maybe, not from second batch (which will be NOT RWG or RWI branded, but with my own brand name), but from the third and fourth and next batches, that will be available to the general public - I definitely will earn some, and, maybe, quite good money, IF the general public will love and buy my watches. So, eventually, all losses will be covered. Again - let me repeat it - me and Mary going legit, she's tired of replicas scene, and I perfectly understand her - 4 years of crazy work, 2 nervous breakdowns, ended in hospital, no money can buy health she lost. And she perfectly understand the danger of it. Don't worry, she's not retiring... yet... but she will.
And third - to Sub - no, mate, I don't hate you, not at all. You are smart man, and it deserve respect already. So, chill out, I'll not appear at your doorsteps in the near future. :D And if I will - I'll come with box of the best beer in the World. Your only problem is - you have no any slightest idea, of what China is, how to do business there, and how much things cost there, but you present your conclusions as a knowledge, that you don't have. But I'm OK with it, because here's many people, who definitely know a lot about business in China, and they know, what I'm talking about.
About RWI watch. I don't have ANY plans to start it before RWG watch saga will be finished. And even after that - I'll have to think, if I want to do it. Am I sure, that RWG watch will be 100% perfect? No. It could be above my expectation, and it could be below it. I simply don't know. All the parts, that I've seen myself, are good. But final product... I have no idea. Maybe, 99% of buyers will be super happy, but I'll be not. I just hope, that it will worth $300, and people will be happy. Just last night I've talked to Mary, and she told me, that she found a shop, that specialize on watch parts, and movements parts, even A7750/A7753 movements parts. So, after sale service and repair (if needed) will be not a problem. I'll ask Chris, what A775X parts need to buy, and we'll have stock. Also, I bought 20 more A7753 mov'ts, just in case.
OK, I'm done with this thread. Huge thanks to Solky, turkish, Scone and others, who helped and stand behind this project.

Oh, and to Kleen - you ARE an idiot. Only idiot would continue to do shit, after many people spit in your face.
:p

Respect G, love you too brother!

D

d4m.test

No2_zpsb317fef6.jpg

I love this watch and its design
:friends:

Q1; Will it have both a version with RWG as Logo and one with RWI?

Mine had Collaboration I on it

Q2: Shouldnt this be Collaboration II? :thumbsup:

All the best
Gunnar

First version of RWG Collaboration I from king in 2005: Homage to the Railmaster aka Granmaster

rwgking.jpg

This was the original design for the Collaboration I

frontrwgcollaborationiwatch7dt.jpg

Final version by Blade and Eric......

onwrist12fn.jpg

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Are you talking about MY watch, Gunnar???
:D

RWI design is (if it would be RWI), is almost the same, as RWG, just much thinner - around 10mm, dressy watch, non-chrono version.

About RWG watch - all parts already done and arrived to the factory, Mary just came back from Shenzhen, said - bracelet still in production, but almost done. 2 things left to make - box and opener. But it's the most easy parts, factories already chosen, just need to call and say - Go ahead. And it will take just a few days.

D

d4m.test

Yes I am talking about your watch! :raji:

I am impressed.

Very well done.

I hope you can make this into a series and eventually into a brand

Is any guitar related symbols included into the design?

all the best
Gunnar

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
Luth,
Thanks for the update on the current RWG watch. I look forward to receive the bill for the watch :)

Collaboration I is a very nice homage. I wish I have one like that.

RWI design is really attractive. I am ready to sign up for one when the project begins

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Looks strangely familiar :D

D

d4m.test

Looks strangely familiar :D

I beleive you may have seen the only one that looks like that?...the prototype number 1 the Limicd cdition...

All I have left is a crown, buckle and the original BOX :gotgoat:

box2il.jpg

box1vh.jpg

Luthier

30/9/09
I guess, just few of Collaboration watches still alive... I know, Col. has one, I have one (Thanks to Gunnar!). Who else?

Luthier

30/9/09
I guess, just a few of "Collaboration-1" watches still alive... I know, Col. has one, I have one (Thanks to Gunnar!). Who else?