• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"RWI" branded watch by Luthier

Solkryssare

Known Member
Supporter
23/12/09
Wow! What a bunch of fokking bull shit in this thread.

I've spent years being involved in this project and been there from the first sketch and talking about the project with George in London, to delivery of the design to the factory. George has been very open about every single part of the manufacturing process and I know exactly how much it has cost him.

Now, if you take the cost of the factory making production drawings, molds, material, Box and case back opener and buying movements, the total amount is more than what George is going to ask for the finished product. And then there are the travels he has done to china to make sure things run along as they should

THEN there is the fact that I've got about 250-300 hours in the project, doing anything form sketches, brain storming with G and making the final 3D files for the factory. If any of you have any idea of how much an industrial designer normally charges per hour, you can add that to the final total as well........And thats not even counting the endless PM's and questions I've answered after the announcement.

Nothing but love for watches and the members of RWG was the reason for this project, and that is the bloody end of it.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13

I've spent years being involved in this project and been there from the first sketch and talking about the project with George in London, to delivery of the design to the factory. George has been very open about every single part of the manufacturing process and I know exactly how much it has cost him.

Now, if you take the cost of the factory making production drawings, molds, material, Box and case back opener and buying movements, the total amount is more than what George is going to ask for the finished product. And then there are the travels he has done to china to make sure things run along as they should

THEN there is the fact that I've got about 250-300 hours in the project, doing anything form sketches, brain storming with G and making the final 3D files for the factory. If any of you have any idea of how much an industrial designer normally charges per hour, you can add that to the final total as well........And thats not even counting the endless PM's and questions I've answered after the announcement.

Nothing but love for watches and the members of RWG was the reason for this project, and that is the bloody end of it.

+1 Million

Solkryssare

Known Member
Supporter
23/12/09
Oh, made a typo there.

Total amount is MORE than what George is going to ask for the finished product

:)

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09

This is a man who actually knows the process from day one, gents!
Thanks for speaking up E.

Sent from my iBall using Tupperware

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Dissatisfied from the 1st one? :lol:

I'm still not too happy about it,,,,it's just to claim gen construction and be anything but.. is not good policy..... then hanging people's money up selling out of stock watches..... it's just not a road I care to ever travel again! TRUST IS A HUGE WORD:cheers:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Solk, everything you posted maybe true and I think all of us can respect your point of view and Luths as well, however it doesn't change a word of what I posted or answer any of the direct questions. We all have our point of view of things.

So lets just wait and see when and if the finished product is delivered, the quality of the product, and we can discuss it from there. In the mean time anyone is welcome to tell me to go Fu-k myself.

I'm still not too happy about it,,,,it's just to claim gen construction and be anything but.. is not good policy..... then hanging people's money up selling out of stock watches..... it's just not a road I care to ever travel again! TRUST IS A HUGE WORD:cheers:

I agree with that.

The more, the merrier...

I've been wondering if I should jump on the hate on kleen train as well but I can't remember if the guys been a wiseass and screwed with me or not. Now with that in mind I didn't see any reason to call him an idiot because lots of guys post nonsense, me included. However if I do come across posts hes made insulting me then ignore this, LOL.

Solkryssare

Known Member
Supporter
23/12/09
Solk, everything you posted maybe true and I think all of us can respect your point of view and Luths as well, however it doesn't change a word of what I posted or answer any of the direct questions. We all have our point of view of things.

So lets just wait and see when and if the finished product is delivered, the quality of the product, and we can discuss it from there. In the mean time anyone is welcome to tell me to go Fu-k myself.

I agree with that.

I've been wondering if I should jump on the hate on kleen train as well but I can't remember if the guys been a wiseass and screwed with me or not. Now with that in mind I didn't see any reason to call him an idiot because lots of guys post nonsense, me included. However if I do come across posts hes made insulting me then ignore this, LOL.

Well I don't know about the quality of the piece yet. Neither do you or anyone else other than Mary and George.

Lets just hope it matches all the work that went into it :) Know that a lot of thought, money and time went towards making it as good as possible.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Solk, I don't know you but I'm relatively sure that your participation in this watch project stems from your love for RWG. That is a honorable motive and is beyond reproach. As you and others keep pointing out Luth is not making any money on this project, in fact, actually losing money, a lot of money. All that would be admirable if he was motivated by love for his forum. The reason for the scrutiny is because of Luth's seemingly negative opinion of RWG since his arrival here. As much as you love RWG many members here feel the same way about RWI, therefore it's not, how did you put it "fooking bull shit",(that may not be the exact term) for long time members here to question Luth's motives as to WHY he would be so quick to and actually proud of the fact that he's losing all this time and money building a watch for a forum that he's not a part of and post negative comments about....I'M SORRY FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS!
And Luth while we disagree on many things, I have nothing against you personally and I really love the watch design and hope it all works out perfectly...I really hope you don't decide to attack me personally for stating what many of us are thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
however it doesn't change a word of what I posted or answer any of the direct questions. We all have our point of view of things.

I can't help myself...go Fu-k yourself Sub...:hehehe:

...as to answering all your direct questions, why don't you take your own advice and wait until we see the finished product?

...until then, everything you've posted in this thread is...well...bovine and scatology spring to mind for some strange reason...:)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Scone, LMAO.

To answer you question Luth provoked me and dared me to question him about it, he poked at me many times to do this, and don't think for a second he doesn't like all the attention.

Also mitch has made some very good points. This was supposed to be a RWG watch (which we all know isn't even completed) it has nothing to do with this forum and I did Not bring this topic here, but now it seems were taking preorder interest from our members?? The guy is NOT a dealer here or anywhere, think about that.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
...by definition a dealer sells for profit...Luth ain't...think about that...;)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I could quad my funds if we purchased our product or produced in China. I choose Not to and never will.

I know a lot of guys want to tell me about business, believe me I don't need the advice or buy the BS either.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I have no interesst to protect anyone or anything, but I do have an impression about luth.

I know he loves designing cool things, and I know he only left rwg because he felt untrue to himself by staying.
I wont get into wether I understand him leaving and getting pissed about a board, which in my eyes is really well run, but HE felt that he needed to leave, and I appreciate his reasoning for that move.
now, I am sure he deep inside wanted to do a second watch on RWG, but given the situation, that's just not an option.
I understand that if you love designing beautiful things, and working with that process, that you get motivated by the attention and the compliments.
because of all these things, I am not surprised about his wish to carry on doing it (while noone has claimed the potential number 2 will be a money loosing project too, which would only be fair that it wouldn't be)

I honestly think that many things here has been said, based on theory's and almost conspiracy theorys....(burnt child fears the fire) ...based on historically similar storys gone bad.

The history of shitty forum watch projects, is the main reason it took gregr over a year to consider allowing luth, to go on and post about this watch.

Let's see how this turns out before we urge to line up, to be the first to guess the future, cuz noone really KNOWS anything other than luth, mary and to some extend sol.

To mitch: I appreciate your thoughts, and think you present them quite well, but to reply directly to your logic of "why pretend to have the passion for RWI in a matter of seconds" (as I read it :) )

This whole project started with a correspondance of hand drawings between some design loving members. it started by passion, by the passion that keeps us here.

to everyone; let's focus on the passion for watches, more than the ability to call out everyone before they even did anything wrong. we're not here to friking waste our time on a pissing competition...

peace

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
That's the part I don't buy, 300 pieces at $300 each is $90,000, theres funds being made here believe that.
oke...

............................................________

....................................,.-‘â€...................``~.,
.............................,.-â€...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................â€:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:â€........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....â€~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......â€=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~â€;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......â€=-._......“;,,./`..../â€............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-â€
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\