• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rules to choose a Milgauss rep (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have ordered three watches from PureTime (including a Milgauss GV) and have been very pleased with their products and their service. There was a problem with one of the watches that emerged pretty early on, and they were very quick to respond and make it right. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Thanks thepayola for your comments and advice!
:))

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Thank you Ale7575 for this wonderful reminder. I'll keep this in mind.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thread UPDATES - and SUPERCLONE A2836

Thread UPDATES

I have updated the first post of this Thread including:

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/2427408/
A 2813 21J 88$ SS 316L Noob factory

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=168&P_id=1508&ti=
A 2836 168$

Two models with very good price in their categories

A NEW CONTENDER the movement Asian SUPERCLONE 2836

Now there is another contender in the market:
the Milgauss fitted with Asian SuperClone 2836 movement.

http://puretimewatch.com/product/milgauss-116400-gv-green-sapphire-316f-best-edition-a2836-superclone/
A SuperClone2836 248$ SS 316F

Before, I was very reticent to consider this possibility between the best choices. But some comments from Bonesey in another thread about DSSD open my eyes and my mind to this new Asian SuperClone. Those comments and change of opinion are due to two thread placed by Smidsy in RepGeek. The links are as follows:

Teardown and analysis Part #1
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=149097
Analysis and conclusion Part #2
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=149100

In these threads Smidsy make a comparative study Between Asian SuperClone 2836 and a genuine Swiis ETA movement. The results are impressive and the score of this new Asian SuperClone is very high. Besides the look is very accurate to the gen.
Reading these Smidsy thread we can hope that maybe we are seeing a new generation of good clone movements
Anyway, we need bear in mind the last words of Smidsy:
"The movement I got could have been the best or worst in a bunch and we have no way of knowing. Please bear in mind that these are my opinions of the movement I reviewed".
Threfore we must be cautious

Just read these threads and judge by yourself. Maybe a new possibility!!

Besides the price of Puretime is very interesting: 248$ despite that it is made of SS 316F

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Ale, I heard a 21 j movement has issues with the length of the second hand. any truth to this? can anyone do a side by side video comparison of 21j, asian and eta?

sempire

Known Member
18/8/11
Thread UPDATES

I have updated the first post of this Thread including:

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/2427408/
A 2813 21J 88$ SS 316L Noob factory

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=168&P_id=1508&ti=
A 2836 168$

Two models with very good price in their categories

A NEW CONTENDER the movement Asian SUPERCLONE 2836

Now there is another contender in the market:
the Milgauss fitted with Asian SuperClone 2836 movement.

http://puretimewatch.com/product/milgauss-116400-gv-green-sapphire-316f-best-edition-a2836-superclone/
A SuperClone2836 248$ SS 316F

Before, I was very reticent to consider this possibility between the best choices. But some comments from Bonesey in another thread about DSSD open my eyes and my mind to this new Asian SuperClone. Those comments and change of opinion are due to two thread placed by Smidsy in RepGeek. The links are as follows:

Teardown and analysis Part #1
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=149097
Analysis and conclusion Part #2
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=149100

In these threads Smidsy make a comparative study Between Asian SuperClone 2836 and a genuine Swiis ETA movement. The results are impressive and the score of this new Asian SuperClone is very high. Besides the look is very accurate to the gen.
Reading these Smidsy thread we can hope that maybe we are seeing a new generation of good clone movements
Anyway, we need bear in mind the last words of Smidsy:
"The movement I got could have been the best or worst in a bunch and we have no way of knowing. Please bear in mind that these are my opinions of the movement I reviewed".
Threfore we must be cautious

Just read these threads and judge by yourself. Maybe a new possibility!!

Besides the price of Puretime is very interesting: 248$ despite that it is made of SS 316F

How do we know they are superclones though? I'm sure that many people won't open their watches or would be able to tell the difference between a clone or a superclone, it'll be like the whole Swiss eta thing, maybe you get it, maybe you don't..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale, I heard a 21 j movement has issues with the length of the second hand. any truth to this? can anyone do a side by side video comparison of 21j, asian and eta?

Teh only problem that I know about second hand in MILG is that , due to low beat, the second hand of 21J movements will have a more stutter or no smooth running. If you can live with that no problem.
I have not video comparison, Sorry

How do we know they are superclones though? I'm sure that many people won't open their watches or would be able to tell the difference between a clone or a superclone, it'll be like the whole Swiss eta thing, maybe you get it, maybe you don't..

Please read the posts of Smidsy. The Superclone is copied from ETA almost 1:1. Other movements are not like this.
Anyway if you don't open the caseback you will not be able to confirm it, you must trust your dealer (?)
At this moment, without definitive confirmation of the Superclone quality in the future I prefer the "normal" Asian Clone 2836.

ssb045

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Crystal cost?

I agree that without the Green crystal, it loses its personality. Definitely we can never 100% replicate the genuine, however I do own the latest GV, the previous one (with the green gasket), as well as the version with the clear crystal...

For the sake of improvement, I hope the factories can do a true green sapphire, and not use green AR. I know this is not at all cost efficient, but only the very early milgauss reps used a green crystal, while today they rely on cheaper methods to replicate the look.

The case is of course top notch, I cannot fault it at all, and the dial is pretty much accurate except for sharpness of font when compared to the gen.

I am having a green crystal made at the moment, and am not sure how good it will look. I have been waiting about 2 months now, and will post results once it comes in.

Thanks!

How does ordering one compare with the cost of buying gen?

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Teh only problem that I know about second hand in MILG is that , due to low beat, the second hand of 21J movements will have a more stutter or no smooth running. If you can live with that no problem.
I have not video comparison, Sorry

No, this is not what is referred to as the stutter. The low beat you find in many watches without stuttering.

The stuttering referred to is a start/stop/start, where the seconds hand jumps. Sometimes more than one second. It looks terrible.

On mine it only happens from about the 10 min to the 30 min marker.

To some extent it is connected to low power reserve. I have found that winding the watch fully, and to hack it when not in use, reduces the problem.

elmataplata

29/12/10
No, this is not what is referred to as the stutter. The low beat you find in many watches without stuttering.

The stuttering referred to is a start/stop/start, where the seconds hand jumps. Sometimes more than one second. It looks terrible.

To some extent it is connected to low power reserve. I have found that winding the watch fully, and to hack it when not in use, reduces the problem.

mine never had that problem, but i am having problems where the movement stops at night if upside down. im guessing the seconds hnd is again rubbing on the crystal and stoping the movement s hd happened before. I know i can just take it off at night but i hate the feeling of a cold watch on the wrist.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Dear mbjoer
That is not a stuttering this is a serious problem IMO
Usually due the big weight and size of the seconds hand of a MILG., with low beat mvmts. you can have more stutter displacement than with other watches. And this is just the issue. But yours.....

hidden impact

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/1/12
anyone have a video or link to the 21j seconds hand movement?

eudora12

26/2/12
Dear mbjoer
That is not a stuttering this is a serious problem IMO
Usually due the big weight and size of the seconds hand of a MILG., with low beat mvmts. you can have more stutter displacement than with other watches. And this is just the issue. But yours.....

I think it is a problem with the type of movement. I did some research online and it seems some of the japanese miyota movements have this problem. It doesn't lose time but rather due to one of the springs not holding tension or something.
This happens with my Milgauss between the 12 and 6 oclock position. Doesn't happen all the time but is annoying to see when it does.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Just wondering if any of you with second's hand stuttering issue 21J every tried to swap movement with highbeat ETA or asian ETA?

Mike1212

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/12
Any new rep models? Or videos of the movement as we are nearly 6 months on.

Thanks
Mike

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Any new rep models? Or videos of the movement as we are nearly 6 months on.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike

Really there are not new releases of Milgauss
There are more dealers and options but basicaly are the same
Look at the prices from Trevor and Toro.

The best option continues being SS 316L Noob with Asian clone or maybe Superclone (If you have similar price SS 316F is OK too)

If you find other options, please consult here for opinions

ALE

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
Is the black face the most accurate one?
Does it still have the weird seconds hand issue?