• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-Master I & II

savvynjguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/13
Does anyone know if any dealers or users have listed the GMT II with diamonds? Particularly looking for the pepsi with diamond bezel. Thanks.

Bsay

Known Member
28/5/13
Hey Koho47,

I purchased the same on from Andrew last year and mine has never run correctly. It's been back and forth to my repair guy since. Date wheel issues, broken gear wheels and gmt hand issues.
But it does look soooo good when it's on.

I am currently starting a collection of pepsi gmt's from practically all the td's looking for the best version.

Wish me luck.

Do you have an update of how the collection/comparision is going? I am looking for the best coke version.

beau_bands

Renowned Member
29/10/13
Do the traits for bp vs noob in the sub market, also hold true for the gmt2 model as well?

badboy

Horology Curious
25/3/14
I read it, sometimes though its just a question one might ask before truly pulling the trigger on a purchase from a TD. I think it should be okay for someone to ask, cause many of us do lots of HW and it still doesn't amount to a decent watch. I'm pretty sure even the TD's don't really know if the item is going to be the version they expect from their distributors. They still have to make a living, so maybe if someone has some recent info based on a current purchase from a particular dealer and knows that they can direct that person asking to a particular seller. Really tho thank you for all the knowledge that you make available to us here on the site

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
All links should now be fixed. Will be looking at adding a section for the new blue/red ceramic GMT from BaselWorld 2014.

beau_bands

Renowned Member
29/10/13
Manhattan of course! Although I've heard San Fran's is spectacular. Noob factory has their anchor store there. It's shaped like apples cube store in NY, except it leads into an alley instead of an underground tech vault.

Adelaide

Horology Curious
29/4/14
excellent post! Rolex is always my love though i love datejust most but i also love this one!

chronosphere

14/10/14

I thought I was safe to just browse untill after chinese new year (11 rep watches in 2 months) but the 116713LN Noob
from pure-time looks very tempting for me as a "nooby".

It appears on this one they have not gold plated the sides of the mid-links but have plated the "backside" - strange Chinese logic.

Could anyone guide a nooby with any info or opinions that they have on this version/make. I've looked here and over on RWG, as
well as a general google but this noob version review doesn't show.

Thanks,

MySharona

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/9/12
NC
So who (TD OR NOT) sells the best 1675 or 16710 REP right out of the Box? Pepsi Please.
The cartel model 1675 is pretty good. I had one from Trevor. Just don't get the aged lume version... It's straight up orange. A Clark crystal goes right on. The coronet on the dial is slightly off, but it's hard to find a 1675 with a proper dial without doing a dial swap. I swapped the bezel insert with a wso insert. Ultimately, having a modder do a direct to dial relume would be best, but out the box, it's about as close as they come for the price. Rick914 does excellent work on 1675's if you end up doing some mods.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Thank you, BK said nothing great out there and that I should check Puretime and trusty time.

rafd169

29/1/15
Hi,
I'm looking for a nice GMT-II to, one of my most important argument was a correct hand stack, as other parts could be swapped.
Of course, I read maybe all the posts concerning the correct hand stack and the probably timebomb, but all the posts are now old, it maybe exists now a safe mod on existing mouvement ?

The only one I found is this one on Puretime, and they precise this model is with the correct hand stack.

GMT-Master II 16710 Blue/Red Bezel Correct Hand Stack

One of you already tried it ?
Are they using their own pics on this website or are they using pics of genuine models ?

PS: Sorry for the bad english...