• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-Master I & II

honitel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/10/12
Wonderful! Glad you share this to us here.

skate

Horology Curious
30/11/12
Superb work Bonesy. I have the GMT Green 50th and it is a nice rep. The stack not being correct is no prob for me and no one would ever notice, but this review is brilliant.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by "the stack not being correct "mean ?

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by "the stack not being correct "mean ?

The order of the hands. In a correct hand stack, the hour hand is right at the bottom, closest to the dial, followed by gmt, minute, then seconds (as per gen rolex mvmt).

Incorrect hand stack is when the gmt hand is right at the bottom.

For our reps, the correct handstack mvmt is known to be unstable.

skate

Horology Curious
30/11/12
Thank you.....Can you guys lead me to the BEST dealer for a GMT....Looking for the best...Does the GMT actually work ? Also what's th difference between a normal bezel and a ceramic bezel ? I know the real ones are ceramic (newer models) but whats the difference.Thanks again....I have PM hontwatch but no respond

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11

First of all, this is all explained in the WIKI. Which is what it's for. To answer the basic questions.

Thank you.....Can you guys lead me to the BEST dealer for a GMT....Looking for the best...Does the GMT actually work ? Also what's th difference between a normal bezel and a ceramic bezel ? I know the real ones are ceramic (newer models) but whats the difference.Thanks again....I have PM hontwatch but no respond

You really need to go back and read the first post mate, this is all answered there. All of the dealers can get pretty much the same watches. You can quite easily see the differences between the older style and newer ceramic bezel models.

Honestly, I don't know why i go to the effort of writing it all up if no one reads it :lolcina:

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Great post.

But is the V3 currently the most updated version?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Updated information on the 116710BLNR new release from Basel 2013.

Koho47

Looking Around
7/5/13
I have been reading the forum for several months, this is my first time posting. I just bought a GMT Master II with an A2836-2 movement from Andrew. The watch looks and seems to be operating correctly so far, however the stem feels gritty and makes several clicking sounds when unscrewing or screwing down the crown. Is this normal or not?

pengdiogenes

Looking Around
25/8/13
Hey Koho47,

I purchased the same on from Andrew last year and mine has never run correctly. It's been back and forth to my repair guy since. Date wheel issues, broken gear wheels and gmt hand issues.
But it does look soooo good when it's on.

I am currently starting a collection of pepsi gmt's from practically all the td's looking for the best version.

Wish me luck.

Tomsteve

Horology Curious
3/10/13
Great way to represent information with excellent images. I like the way to explain about Rolex. Thanks To you..

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
Hey Koho47,

I purchased the same on from Andrew last year and mine has never run correctly. It's been back and forth to my repair guy since. Date wheel issues, broken gear wheels and gmt hand issues.
But it does look soooo good when it's on.

I am currently starting a collection of pepsi gmt's from practically all the td's looking for the best version.

Wish me luck.

Why not replace the movement, I've seen them on Ebay for 100-150

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Great Info, anyone know what dealers sell the BP Ceramic GMTII?