• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

Shylock Eins

Respected Member
3/2/16
Is their movement better than other factories?

For V1 (the one I have), GMF used a Asian 2836 automatic movement at 28800 vph. In V3, it's a Asian Super Clone 3186 Automatic Movement at 28800 vph or a Asian Super Clone 3285 for the wrapped watch.

All reliable as teh asians movements can be.

Cheers,

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Is their movement better than other factories?

If it is ICHS like Shylock's it is a very solid movement, I have it in my GMF BLNR that I wear all the time and it runs very well. This movement is actually more practical day to day with it's date quickset and independent GMT hand as opposed to the CHS with the independent hour hand.

If it is CHS and you can see the large dish like hand hole surround around the GMT hand like you can see in the excellent pics above it is the "timebomb" movement.
If you see a blue hairspring it is the VRF movement which is good
If it is "SA3186" it is the less reliable clone movement but easily replaced with the VRF one. Plug and play.
There is a dedicated thread on these movements, check that out

Wolex

7/2/20
Very nice!! Well done… I think I might get one too.. been holding off until I understand more about the movement but u do want to get one with the CHS but that’s just my personal preference

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
b4b5d51929fbca9a22807f2c5b815f58.jpg

JVS 126711

06946c1a893e183f533f03a21f029c49.jpg

Gen

Yes that brown on insert does look dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelle1193

15/1/20
Hi everyone! I have a question. How are the colors of the bezel and the strap compare to the gen?

pamevolta

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
6/1/20
Hi everyone,

so from what I can see the GMF v6 has corrected the the “1” on the bezel and added that little slope like the gen. Am I correct?

I really like this watch and that was my only hesitation with the older versions as I think it’s a VERY glaring tell. Now that they’ve corrected it I think I’ll put in an order for one.

Last edited:

Bourne

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/1/22
Hi everyone I state that in this forum I found a lot of seriousness and knowledge of the subject and I apologize if I made a mistake in entering here but I searched in the forum for a review on the Root beer model from PureTime sold at 688 € of which I include a link. my perplexity lies in two essential points: is the cyclops like the gen or does it show a slight step like in the € 60 replicas? how many microns does the gold-wrapped bracelet have? I read in the forum that lamination lasts three years but then how much does it cost to restore it? I kindly ask you who are much more experienced and prepared than me for any info and advice before making a purchase which I might regret. thank you

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

sybariten

Puts the "ass" in classy
9/7/12
Sydney
Hi everyone I state that in this forum I found a lot of seriousness and knowledge of the subject and I apologize if I made a mistake in entering here but I searched in the forum for a review on the Root beer model from PureTime sold at 688 € of which I include a link. my perplexity lies in two essential points: is the cyclops like the gen or does it show a slight step like in the € 60 replicas? how many microns does the gold-wrapped bracelet have? I read in the forum that lamination lasts three years but then how much does it cost to restore it? I kindly ask you who are much more experienced and prepared than me for any info and advice before making a purchase which I might regret. thank you

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
A couple of points when it comes to the Root Beer (and GMT-Master IIs in general):

1. I'd avoid the SA movement if I were you. The VR3185/6 is much more reliable and easier to fix if there are any issues down the track.

2. The factories normally claim that "wrapped" watches have 15-20 micron, but in reality who knows.... What we do know for sure is that there is absolutely zero real gold in the "wrapping". It just looks like gold.

3. No one here can say how many years the "wrapping" will last you for. There are simply too many unknown variables at play for that, e.g. the luck of the draw and the individual watch you end up receiving, how often you wear it, what conditions you wear it in, how you look after it etc.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: pompompurin

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
Certified
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Finally moved on from my first rep which was purchased initially with much help from the kind KJ2020 - the GMF 2836

And had this as my replacement, the GSV4 3186 rootbeer. Much better build overall, and certainly a better bezel insert by a long run!

​​​​​​​We need more rootbeer love around here.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Finally moved on from my first rep which was purchased initially with much help from the kind KJ2020 - the GMF 2836

And had this as my replacement, the GSV4 3186 rootbeer. Much better build overall, and certainly a better bezel insert by a long run!

We need more rootbeer love around here.

That's a GSF bro? Looks very nice! 736D serial is what CF uses on their LN, BLNR and BLRO.

Crimson87

24/7/16

We need more rootbeer love around here.
How is this holding up? Do you think this is a better looking watch than GMF?

Crimson87

24/7/16
That's a GSF bro? Looks very nice! 736D serial is what CF uses on their LN, BLNR and BLRO.
Hi there. Would you say the GSF is now the king over GMF? Is the GSF 3186 as good as GMF 3186 or is it like the iffy BP 3186? Thanks!

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
Mine had some aftermarket plating done, but this is absolutely my favorite OOTB rep since the OG VSFs came out. Stunners.