• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT 126711 Root Beer from GMF

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date

Estber

Horology Curious
3/5/19
Is there no one who can tell something about the version Perfect Clone has? Its about $968.

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Is there no one who can tell something about the version Perfect Clone has? Its about $968.

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI
Thats the wrapped version which has no bare sides. Dont think its worth 2x the price of a standard one though

Reactions: KJ2020

Genera74

29/12/14
Really dont like the two tone. Does anyone know if the bracelet is interchangeable with mono-tone oyster ss bracelet?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Really dont like the two tone. Does anyone know if the bracelet is interchangeable with mono-tone oyster ss bracelet?

No reason it shouldn't be, but I would get one also from GMF. Rep bracelets are not always interchangeable. Would you also change the bezel and crown?

Genera74

29/12/14
No reason it shouldn't be, but I would get one also from GMF. Rep bracelets are not always interchangeable. Would you also change the bezel and crown?

Was just thinking about the bracelet, didn tthink about the crown hahaha.. Maybe not then

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Was just thinking about the bracelet, didn tthink about the crown hahaha.. Maybe not then

Can’t really find the gen crown cuz of the RG plating. I won’t change to the gen bezel cuz it’s really close to gen already... but I’m thinking of the bezel wheel/spring for the click sound

Sent from the RWI App

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Received my BP. I am stunned at how amazing it looks!

only issue is that the bezel doesnt line up with the markers, do you think a watchsmith can sort that out?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Received my BP. I am stunned at how amazing it looks!

only issue is that the bezel doesnt line up with the markers, do you think a watchsmith can sort that out?

The insert needs to be removed, adjusted and reattached. When you say watchsmith, yes but one that is familiar with reps as the tasks involved are not common to a gen. A modder would be as good a choice if you are not going to try to fix it yourself.

Reactions: wubsub

Naughtylus

18/4/19
The insert needs to be removed, adjusted and reattached. When you say watchsmith, yes but one that is familiar with reps as the tasks involved are not common to a gen. A modder would be as good a choice if you are not going to try to fix it yourself.

Oh! Didn’t know modder is different than a rep friendly watchsmith!! Learn something new today! Personally, my bezel matches with the dial, and I can live with it. But it’s the turning swoosh screams “fake” to people... I’d like to mod/fix it.

And I took a closer look at the date wheel font.... they even have the serif on the numbers.... I’m a bit more impressed with the BP.... it’s my first rep, and I’m so addicted to getting more already!

Sent from the RWI App

Zenrolex

14/2/19
USA
f3f39ec18e38ce63efb7fc74e67b1510.jpg

Bringing this back to root beer talk

Looks stunning, Any mods? Thanks

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Oh! Didn’t know modder is different than a rep friendly watchsmith!! Learn something new today! Personally, my bezel matches with the dial, and I can live with it. But it’s the turning swoosh screams “fake” to people... I’d like to mod/fix it.

And I took a closer look at the date wheel font.... they even have the serif on the numbers.... I’m a bit more impressed with the BP.... it’s my first rep, and I’m so addicted to getting more already!

Sent from the RWI App

How about some photos :) Many of us interested in the BP at this point!

Naughtylus

18/4/19
How about some photos :) Many of us interested in the BP at this point!

Vx6170.jpg

Vx6vp6.jpg

Vx6QRF.jpg

Vx6Umr.jpg

Here, my bezel matches with the dials, the date actually gets a little serif(to me I think the date font here is acceptable), and the crown is actually tucked in like gen instead of much longer than the ears(I don’t know how to describe it, but I hope you can understand what I’m trying to say here. I’m new to watches, but I’m learning!!).

Sent from the RWI App

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Everyone disappeared :’( bump come back to this threat

Sent from my iPhone using RWI