• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Daytona / Yacht-Master I & II

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
choose one you like in your price range and hope for the best....

zack

Horology Curious
26/12/14
choose one you like in your price range and hope for the best....

thanks for the reply.

I really do like the Daytona, it's just that I see so many negative experiences. I'm wondering if there was a movement or if anyone knows of a specific seller selling a movement where the Daytonas don't have all these problems.

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
if your in the USA i would 100% recommend Stan (WBK) just pm him and send a pic of the watch along in the pm if you can .. i remember he had some daytonas

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13

zack

Horology Curious
26/12/14
thanks guys. I'm in Canada.
Interesting watch from Stan... But the second hand sweeping for real time instead of chrono doesn't look quite right. Feels like I left the chrono on and forgot it.
For the price it's very affordable though.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
The 7750 is a great movement, it's just thick. I have a Daytona rep with sec hand @ 6. It works fine and checks out in the time grapher. It just needs to be clean to start with, big problem in the Chinese factories, a lubricated properly, not too much and not too little. Daytona reps are hard to get a good mix using ETA movements in general. The seconds at 6 or 12 require gears involved that were not meant to be there. Keep them off a watch winder and make sure they are service by a knowledgeable watchmaker/watchsmith. They do look nice on the wrist though.

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
does anyone know of a trusteddealer who is carrying in stock a yauchtmaster 2 with working countdown timer?>

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
ok
I just saw some Gens at the malll...
nice

and there is NO two tone in yellow Gold, only rose.. so there! lol
I still am getting the two tone in yellow, but go figure, Rolex only has four models of YM2 in the manual....

So anyone thinking that there is a good ym2.. several have been seen with working coountdowns in memeber sales area...
I actually just want a good look and a 6 oclock second hand... ie no continuase large red second hand... its just silly bad IMO...

I guess we are stuck on the what actually works...
several emails to several trusted dealers and still its goat r us time in China.. ok
Ill let all know whjat I discover asap

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
ok, I have stopped looking for a countdown timer, but I would like a 44mm dial 1:1 rep for size and has a 28k beat and has a working second hand at 6 oclock...
thats not tooo hard guys...

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Any of the Trusted Dealer (TD) sites would be able to help you

Good luck on your quest!
@M

tompafc

Horology Curious
1/4/15
Thanks! Are there any trusted dealers more trusted than other dealers? And also in regards to quality! I'm kind of new to this, I had a silver Rolex which broke a couple weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. However, that website has now closed, and I don't really know what to do!

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Thanks! Are there any trusted dealers more trusted than other dealers? And also in regards to quality! I'm kind of new to this, I had a silver Rolex which broke a couple weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. However, that website has now closed, and I don't really know what to do!

One of the great things about this forum are the contributions by its members. They share their experiences, good or bad, with everyone. You'll find feedback similarities between dealers and feedback similarities between Horologists (Watch Smiths) but at the end of the day, its you who needs to make that decision. What may work for one member may not work for another. You'll need to take the Coke / Pepsi challenge yourself, if you will.

For TDs, I'd suggest taking your time to read the info here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/6-Replica-Watch-Dealers?tabid=56

For Horologists, check them out here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/5-Tech-section
In addition as you read the sales posts, you'll find some of the sellers are watch smiths or like to mod their watches, perhaps OM them and ask their opinion. However regardless of who you contact, you'll need to be more specific than "silver rolex" :wink:

Hope this helps,
@M

WGJA

Known Member
17/1/15
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to purchase this watch, however, I need your advice. What do you guys think, is it a good choice? I've never seen before what the white gold looks like in the rep watch. Can anyone tell me is it similar with the gen one in terms of the bezel and case?

Thank you

2014_yachtmaster_ii_ss_white_dial_on_bracelet_a2.jpg

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
This is the Rolex description for the above links to their new watch.
[h=1]A chic, Sporty and Technical Watch[/h][h=2]Introducing[/h] Rolex is introducing a new black and 18 ct Everose gold version of its nautical Oyster Perpetual Yacht-Master, fitted exclusively with the innovative Oysterflex bracelet developed and patented by Rolex. This technical bracelet combines in a singular way the robustness and reliability of a metal bracelet with the flexibility, comfort and aesthetics of an elastomer strap. At its core lies a superelastic metal blade overmoulded with high-performance black elastomer. The new Yacht?Master is offered in two sizes: 40 mm and a new 37 mm diameter.

It looks a beauty to me and I would be in the market for a rep

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Do any of the Yachtmasters have the new strap with the rough, nail file like finish to the inside clasp? The latest gens are like this.

I'm looking for the best, but latest version I can get with a blue dial. I assume I should have rehaut, but what about the semi-invisible crown etching at 6 o'clock?

This is one of the most expensive I can find at $438 from TS an it has an Asian 3135 movement
http://www.ts-station.co/13292-p468-6520.html

Quite a lot of questions here but any comments would be well appreciated . Still learning and feeling my way on this great forum.