• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Daytona / Yacht-Master I & II

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Dear Cherry pie,

Thanks a lot for your post, I understand now with may Daytona, I became owner of that model before two years, Daytona 116509 White (Silver) Dial, and it never worked( It worked only one week even after I send for repair 2 times to the dealer).

Sure it is the Second's hand at 6 the problem.

I like very much this model and I am sad to have it not working.

I'd like to know if we can get this kind of new movements as spare, or what dealer provide this kind of movement in his watches?

If that model with second's hand at 9 is more reliable where can I find one?

Thanks for support.

I don't think you can buy spare movements. Domi the modder has a method to make the seconds at 6 more reliable. But it is expensive, probably the same cost as the watch.

I know that Trevor advertises the seconds at 9 version on his site. But only one factory produces them.

Jeanmarc

Horology Curious
17/6/09
Working Daytona.

I don't think you can buy spare movements. Domi the modder has a method to make the seconds at 6 more reliable. But it is expensive, probably the same cost as the watch.

I know that Trevor advertises the seconds at 9 version on his site. But only one factory produces them.

Thanks for your quick answer and support, I agree with you that maybe the cost can be like to buy a new Daytona, but are they working now? There is the dilemma, what dealer sale Daytona with that add 3 Jewels so that second's hand at 6 don't have issue anymore?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Thanks for your quick answer and support, I agree with you that maybe the cost can be like to buy a new Daytona, but are they working now? There is the dilemma, what dealer sale Daytona with that add 3 Jewels so that second's hand at 6 don't have issue anymore?

There are a lot of the Daytona models available with 29j movements. But according to some watchmakers this hasn't completely fixed the issue. The best method is using Domi's mod, or take a risk on the 29j versions. I've not heard anyone complain of the 29j dieing yet but can't be 100% certain.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
QaPau.jpg

The blue faced Yacht-master has just appeared in the dealer websites as of 29/12/2012. The only version of this so far on the market appears to have the SA3135 Rolex clone movement as does the original SA3135 Rolesium version. Although superficially it appears good there are some issues with this new version.

First of all the sunburst blue dial. It is difficult to tell whether this is a feature of this new watch. Secondly the numbers on the bezel insert are too close to the outer edge. Thirdly the bracelet has the wrong clasp. The clasp on the new 116622 Yacht-Master should be the Easylink clasp found on the GMT and Milgauss models, instead it is the older style short Fliplock bracelet found on older style GMT II's. This would be a simple replacement job, but is another sign that this is the original SA3135 Yacht-Master Rolesium with an updated dial rather than a completely new watch.

AqBN4.png

*Picture credit Puretime.co*

Example Rolex 16622 Yacht-Master II - Blue dial

stockmaker

Horology Curious
21/1/13
do any of the reps have good water resistance not looking for a dive watch but to wear all the time fishing swimming ect,

adgu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/11
Dear everyone,

Can any one tell me where can I find this watch as good replica? 40 or larger size with sapphire cyristal glass?
16623b.jpg

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Dear everyone,

Can any one tell me where can I find this watch as good replica? 40 or larger size with sapphire cyristal glass?
16623b.jpg

Sead (supermirrors) has a great copy of this watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

adgu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/11
how'bout this one?

MOVEMENT:SWISS ETA 2836-2 AUTOMATIC 28800BPH.

CASE DIAMETER: 41MM

THICKNESS: 13MM

DIAL COLOR: BLUE

CASE MATERIAL: STAINLESS STEEL WITH YELLOW GOLD PLATED

BRACELET: STAINELSS STEEL WITH YELLOW GOLD PLATED

FRONT GLASS: SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL GLASS

OTHER: WATERPROOF

rolex-yacht-master-full-rg-blue-dial-white-mark-swiss-eta-2836-2.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
08/04/2013 - updated with information on the WM9 mystery Daytona

Updated information on the 116506 new Basel 2013 Daytona

Updated information on the 116680 new Basel 2013 Yachtmaster II

Jeanmarc

Horology Curious
17/6/09
Daytona 29J???

There are a lot of the Daytona models available with 29j movements. But according to some watchmakers this hasn't completely fixed the issue. The best method is using Domi's mod, or take a risk on the 29j versions. I've not heard anyone complain of the 29j dieing yet but can't be 100% certain.

Finally I could arrange with the dealer that he send me one new "Improved" movement, but after 2 months the watch stop again. I didn't open the watch but I suppose that it wasn't "New Improved 29J".

So Do you know one dealer who really use that New 29J in his watches?
I am thinking about Trevor, http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/3619132/

Thanks in advance for advices.