• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Datejust 41 blue dial

KALk

Getting To Know The Place
2/10/22
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, so at first I want to say hello!

On my vacation I bought a replica of the Rolex Datejust 41 with a jubilee band and a blue dial.
After a short research in the internet I found this forum and the reality that my replica has the wrong SELs for this size...
So I wanted to ask if somebody know if it is possible to replace the endlinks?
I couldn't find anything besides a whole new strap.

What do you think from which factory is the watch? And how you would grade the replica?
I paid like 150€ for this watch...

Thank you!

best regards
Chris

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
It's alright for the price and a normal beach rep...

The bezel is wrong, the case is wrong, the dial is horrible, the bracelet is bad.
It is overall way too thick. .

But it's alright for a cheapie. You get what you pay for.

If you were to buy a vsf or cf you would see how many worlds of a difference lie between them.

KALk

2/10/22
Thank you for your honest opinion!

After I read so much about replicas I think the VSF would be the best choice.
I hope I will find a good TD for purchase a VSF with shipping to Germany...

Do you think its possible to change the end links on my actual replica?
Or should I let it be like it is an be happy and if I want a better copy so I should go for a VSF?

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
Thank you for your honest opinion!

After I read so much about replicas I think the VSF would be the best choice.
I hope I will find a good TD for purchase a VSF with shipping to Germany...

Do you think its possible to change the end links on my actual replica?
Or should I let it be like it is an be happy and if I want a better copy so I should go for a VSF?
I recommend this.

The cf and vsf are very similar. Almost identical.
If you want to buy from a source in Europe that I can recommend and that has a Datejust available right now coincidentally, i would say contact @mrmckhansi he's a supporting vendor here (trusted member that sells watches in the forum with his own sub section)

Check this link.

I can vouch for this gentleman being a nice guy and a good seller, i have bought multiple watches from him and since he's in EU and speaks German, communication is very easy.

KALk

2/10/22
I recommend this.

The cf and vsf are very similar. Almost identical.
If you want to buy from a source in Europe that I can recommend and that has a Datejust available right now coincidentally, i would say contact @mrmckhansi he's a supporting vendor here (trusted member that sells watches in the forum with his own sub section)

Check this link.

I can vouch for this gentleman being a nice guy and a good seller, i have bought multiple watches from him and since he's in EU and speaks German, communication is very easy.
After I read the thread about VSF I would prefer the newest ref of the vsf datejust. The DJ in the link you posted is the version with the oyster band :/ But thank you, if I‘m sure to buy a high quality rep, then I think I will write to @mrmckhansi

Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
After I read the thread about VSF I would prefer the newest ref of the vsf datejust. The DJ in the link you posted is the version with the oyster band :/ But thank you, if I‘m sure to buy a high quality rep, then I think I will write to @mrmckhansi
Cf dial is better than vsf bro

Reactions: KALk

KALk

2/10/22
the watch is beautiful
I think so too. I thought only some macro things like the engraving on the case are not so good, the rehaut alignment and the wrong SEL🤣
But after the post of @Storm. I think its a bad replica where you can see it from 50m away 😅

Atm I havent seen a gen datejust in RL only a Rolex Sub nodate

KALk

2/10/22
the watch is beautiful
I think so too. I thought only some macro things like the engraving on the case are not so good, the rehaut alignment and the wrong SEL🤣
But after the post of @Storm. I think its a bad replica where you can see it from 50m away 😅

KALk

2/10/22
the watch is beautiful

KALk

2/10/22
Cf dial is better than vsf bro
Which one you think is overall the better rep?

PS:
Sorry for spamming my phone was hanging and I cant delete the duplicated posts…

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20

Datejust is slimmer than sub.

KALk

2/10/22
Datejust is slimmer than sub.
@Storm. You have listed many features that are not correct on my replica, could you possibly explain them a little more? That would be really great, so I can sharpen my eyes to better assess replicas.
So I can be more sensitive for my future buys :)

Reactions: paison

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
CF V2 is a better watch for my money than the VSF, also if you really wanted to change the end links you need the proper tools, which Chinese versions will set you back 400 and the Swiss versions from Esslinger will set you back 1000+.

Which is why others are telling you to replace the watch. For 400-500 you can get the entire watch more accurate.

Reactions: KALk

KALk

2/10/22
CF V2 is a better watch for my money than the VSF, also if you really wanted to change the end links you need the proper tools, which Chinese versions will set you back 400 and the Swiss versions from Esslinger will set you back 1000+.

Which is why others are telling you to replace the watch. For 400-500 you can get the entire watch more accurate.
Okay, then I understand why the cost is disproportionate to the result.
So I will compare the VSF and CF V2 to find the better watch for me..

@Storm. listed many features which are not correct on my replica
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The bezel is wrong, the case is wrong, the dial is horrible, the bracelet is bad.
It is overall way too thick.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Can you also give a rating with a short explanation, please?
I want to sharpen my eyes to be able to judge replicas better.

For example:
I understand that the rehaut alignment is not 100% correct, the engravings on the Back are wrong also the jubilee end links.
But I don't know why the Dial is horrible or the case is too thick (its about 11,x mm thick and from lug to lug its about 47,x).

Would you say, if I find a oyster bracelet for a good price and replace the whole jubilee with the wrong end links, the replica is a good way to go?
I mean the first impressions of the watch, not a microscope comparison to the Gen or a VSF/CF

Thank you!

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
Compare your watch dial, bezel and crown with this picture

Left is a real Rolex, right is VSF. You'll see the dial color, the crown on the dial, the hour markers, the date font, the crystal cyclops (the loupe) are all wrong.

The bezel is too thick and also stands out too wide from the inner edge.
The inner ring (rehaut) is too thick.

The lugs (the outside of the case holding the bracelet) is way too thick and rounded.

I can go on and on.

Reactions: Therion666 and KALk