• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex crystals from Crystal CleAR

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Not too hard, you need tools to remove the back, good screw drivers to remove the movement and a crystal press. The one part about playing with watches that scares me is the hands

I already have some decent tools for taking out the movement, only thing I'd have to get would be a crystal press. Anyone used any decent cheapies? <$100

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
I already have some decent tools for taking out the movement, only thing I'd have to get would be a crystal press. Anyone used any decent cheapies? <$100

That's good. Yeah I've seen chipoes being used on YouTube, it looks fine. I mean it's just plastic having pressure applied to the crystal.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Does anyone have a link to a review of this crystal that actually work So? The 2fake link doesn’t work for me. I could care less about that halo. Im sure that’s just the side reflections from a white light box. I’ve never noticed that in real life before. I am interested in this crystal though. Especially at the price.

HauntedHat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/18
Prof should just make a ton of black hole and 2x sub crystals and make a website like that. I'm sure he'd sell a bunch too... maybe even get his costs down on volune

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
The ONLY pics I can find of theirs looks like it just the AR cyclops like on an ARF or JF crystal and not a true black hole like Rolex or Prof. Profs newest generation of black hole crystals are exactly like Gen Rolex but you have to glue the cyclops on yourself or get him to install it. I’d hate to pay $125 and just get a standard JF 16610 type crystal with half ass AR.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Just ordered one with black hole effect.
Also have a prof full AR on the way. When they arrive I will compare the items.

Greets Andi

Reactions: KJ2020

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
Does anyone have a link to a review of this crystal that actually work So? The 2fake link doesn’t work for me. I could care less about that halo. Im sure that’s just the side reflections from a white light box. I’ve never noticed that in real life before. I am interested in this crystal though. Especially at the price.

I found 2fake's review but it was very disappointing no photos no nothing. If you Google the exact words in the broken link in Google along side "rwi" in the quotations it will come up. I actually think these are better than JF, I've seen then on 2 or three watches, there are osme photos on their Instagram that look good.

I will be buying one for my DJ

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
6dec662be8f7d294b56cb3b441615053.jpg

I have to say Prof Xtal recently batch very very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Razorig2 and KJ2020

AP786

Known Member
Certified
1/9/13
I already installed Double AR on my watches . Just for your information. This is blue dial REF 41 mm Datejust from crystal clear
76044a54a403d942c0ed10803be80073.jpg

Reactions: Smpfan

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
AP786 yeah the double AR is nice but I prefer the black hole look because its more gen like. Gen doesn't have 2xar and it could potentially get scratched easier than blackhole

HauntedHat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/18
I already installed Double AR on my watches . Just for your information. This is blue dial REF 41 mm Datejust from crystal clear

That looks really good, as if the cyclops was floating in mid air...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
AP786 yeah the double AR is nice but I prefer the black hole look because its more gen like. Gen doesn't have 2xar and it could potentially get scratched easier than blackhole

So on the black hole crystals, is the cyclops AR'ed on the top or just the bottom? And is the crystal AR'ed under the cyclops? On both sides of the crystal?

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
So on the black hole crystals, is the cyclops AR'ed on the top or just the bottom? And is the crystal AR'ed under the cyclops? On both sides of the crystal?

I read about this a while ago but I belive the way they do it is that there is AR coating on the top of just the cyclops and underneath the cyclops area and none on the rest of the watch. 2xar is the whole top and the whole bottom

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I read about this a while ago but I belive the way they do it is that there is AR coating on the top of just the cyclops and underneath the cyclops area and none on the rest of the watch. 2xar is the whole top and the whole bottom

That would make sense for an aftermarket. I guess there's different ways people do it. Prof's cyclops only is on both sides of the cyclops I thought, IDK. And a gen has AR on just the part of the crystal under the cyclops? Would like to understand these details better, I am going to start upgrading some crystals.