• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex crystals from Crystal CleAR

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
DSXtal does not have a LEC. It’s a generic spare part. I had to wait some weeks, too. It seems they do only few batches over the year and are collecting orders.
The crystal is decent. My choice was the black hole crystal. It has got AR on the top of the cyclops and under it on the inner crystal side.
After a few days the outer AR rubbed off completely. But still black hole effect due to the inner footprint coating. They offered me a new one if I would pay shipping only. But I didn’t do so.
I think the quality of the crystal is on par with prof‘s. Prof‘s outer AR is not very durable, too. Price is the same. But in future I will favour business with Stephen.

BTW:
My stock ARF SD43 had got slightly better black hole effect for comparison.

Greets Andi

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
DSXtal does not have a LEC. It’s a generic spare part. I had to wait some weeks, too. It seems they do only few batches over the year and are collecting orders.
The crystal is decent. My choice was the black hole crystal. It has got AR on the top of the cyclops and under it on the inner crystal side.
After a few days the outer AR rubbed off completely. But still black hole effect due to the inner footprint coating. They offered me a new one if I would pay shipping only. But I didn’t do so.
I think the quality of the crystal is on par with prof‘s. Prof‘s outer AR is not very durable, too. Price is the same. But in future I will favour business with Stephen.

BTW:
My stock ARF SD43 had got slightly better black hole effect for comparison.

Greets Andi

Thanks for the update. I emailed them this morning to see if they would do a complete underside only. I am now a believer that exposed AR (as in anywhere but the crystal underside) ia a problem waiting to happen. Seen too many scratched/worn cyclops, and don't want to be burdened with removing something I paid to add on.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Btw, Rolex usually coats a mirror image of cyclops on the underside and the top side of the crystal. Then glue the cyclops over that black hole. That is what I do but also coat the top of cyclops for deeper effect. I can also supply them without ar on top of cyclops and only under cyclops and underside of crystal if someone wants that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Interesting. Always thought between crystal and cyclops there is not any AR. Doesn’t the glue affect the AR in any negative way?

Greets Andi

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
no interaction between uv adhesive and AR once cured.. Check out a diagram of how Rolex makes their crystals and you will see what they do

Reactions: srd1414

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
read the whole thread but dont now which crystal is the most gen like for my arf submariner haha

please
help
me
now

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't recommend any AR on an exposed surface. If you do that there won't be much difference between competing vendors.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
read the whole thread but dont now which crystal is the most gen like for my arf submariner haha

please
help
me
now

Just go gen, you’ll fork out a little more but there’s no comparison...Plus it’ll last!. pretty much all aftermarket crystals I’ve received have had misplaced or crooked cyclops and the AR literally wore off within a couple weeks. Some of these I’ve seen have the complete underside AR coated and not just the area where the cyclops is and it scratches if you’re not super careful installing or removing the crystal.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I’ve had really good luck with Prof Xtals. Haven’t gotten a scratch or scuff in the coating yet. Seems to be pretty durable.

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I’ve had really good luck with Prof Xtals. Haven’t gotten a scratch or scuff in the coating yet. Seems to be pretty durable.

seems like a good crystal but I had shit luck with profs crystals received with cyclops in totally wrong position he replaced it only to have the exact same issue then third with full AR that rubbed off in areas after wearing it a few times. Offered to send them back for a refund but had no response in the end. For the money I could of just bought a gen and been done with it.... gen is worth it, makes all the difference

Reactions: KJ2020