• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RF Submariner "Starbucks" Ref. Nr. 126610LV Review / Comparision

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yeah sadly the watch falls short. It's just parts I'm on the hunt for. Sometimes your TD can get a you a bracelet or another part you may need for your franken.

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
You don’t happen to have an RF vs CF bracelet comparison do you?

It does seem better than VS’s that’s for sure.

The RF dial is atrocious. Look at the coronet & ROLEX printing. Way too thick. Geez.

Interesting. The OP shots it’s doesn’t appear so. Maybe someone has more side by side pics with a gen or vsf?

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Interesting. The OP shots it’s doesn’t appear so. Maybe someone has more side by side pics with a gen or vsf?

True the LV dial in OP’s Post #1 doesn’t look too bad.

But check the dial in Post #77. That thing looks gross.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
No doubt they are nice watches and superreps. I had the feeling the bracelet was better than CF (ARF) or VSF. But onli very, very minimal. But really good bracelet. The crown on the case was a bit creepy:D

Reactions: StreetFighter

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Agree. Not sure what dial that guy got. Maybe a bad batch?

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
How is the RF bracelet? Does it feel the same standard as CF or VS?

It feels heavier built than CF/VSF. Its as if its solid steel and feels more robust.

The Crown on the clasp though is too perfectly shaped and cleaner cut compared to gen so its a give away but the link quality is superb and barely any lateral sway so its the one I’ve been abusing daily.

One thing I don’t like about it is no matter what I do, I can’t copy the CF brushing. I thought of plating it with precious metals and then brushing it so now building up on plating solutions and gear for a future 126619LB build.

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
True the LV dial in OP’s Post #1 doesn’t look too bad.

But check the dial in Post #77. That thing looks gross.

Even the RF the dial print photos on Trusty’s website shows blotchy printing. The paint flaked off like they used Plimsol ink with Micro fiber cloth so I cleaned them all out.

I don’t think they used GL inks or at least they were not oven cured or didn’t have enough hardener in the mix.

Underneath the white print though there is an embossed dark brown print of the texts that has a layer of 2k clear coat over them which makes me think they screen printed over them hence the blotchy result.

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
I just louped mine for clarity. I don't see anything you mentioned. I think you just got that Monday watch. These are reps. Luck of the draw sometimes

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It feels heavier built than CF/VSF. Its as if its solid steel and feels more robust.

The Crown on the clasp though is too perfectly shaped and cleaner cut compared to gen so its a give away but the link quality is superb and barely any lateral sway so its the one I’ve been abusing daily.

One thing I don’t like about it is no matter what I do, I can’t copy the CF brushing. I thought of plating it with precious metals and then brushing it so now building up on plating solutions and gear for a future 126619LB build.

Thanks for the bracelet review. I think I'll see if my TD can get me one.

You need a Brushmaster 3000 Deluxe.. available from a crazed WIS tool box..

jpdkHR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: flogtwo

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It popped into my mind one day and I quickly blasted it together with a bit of wood, a few nails and strip of scourer. You know, what, it works really well!

Reactions: flogtwo

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
It popped into my mind one day and I quickly blasted it together with a bit of wood, a few nails and strip of scourer. You know, what, it works really well!

I spent 20-30mins every few days since January googling Brushmaster 3000 deluxe and only just saw today what you wrote on the wood.

I spewed my coffee the second I recognized it ????