• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RF Submariner "Starbucks" Ref. Nr. 126610LV Review / Comparision

Jakeson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/21
EU
Really nice Review. I'm glad to see RF is using the same clasp Code as the first batch from VS. I think if I want to buy a 126610LN the RF would be the way to go. Although CF is also making a really good job the DJs are awesome.

derjenigewelcher could you make some more pics to compare the xtal? It's the only thing I'm missing from your review.

Danke!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Really nice Review. I'm glad to see RF is using the same clasp Code as the first batch from VS. I think if I want to buy a 126610LN the RF would be the way to go. Although CF is also making a really good job the DJs are awesome.

derjenigewelcher could you make some more pics to compare the xtal? It's the only thing I'm missing from your review.

Danke!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

Sure.
On the pouch is the VSF 126610LN, and in the hands i have the RF.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
What’s your opinion on the sides of the hand?
They seem to be very rough.
A common problem with reps.
VSF just managed to get that perfectly polished judging from pictures.
I would like to swap them on my RF when it arrives tbh.
Any idea from experts what non gen hands to get here?
Or is it possible to polish them?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

Try clean hands even better than vsf imo

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I really hope you give us the honor and do the comparison between them RF and the Clean before you send the clean to the new owner.
I was about to order the RF but your comment that the clean is the better one for you made me hesitate.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I really hope you give us the honor and do the comparison between them RF and the Clean before you send the clean to the new owner.
I was about to order the RF but your comment that the clean is the better one for you made me hesitate.

I wont. I can say, all points together: if the bezel issue would not be, clean is (for me) Number 1.
But i usually daily use the bezel vor relaxing:)
so nothing fr me:)

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Aaaaah. I was relying on your judgement before buying:)
Thank you so much for the effort btw.
Could we bother you to give a little detailed explanation why you think the clean is better?
Grüezi

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Aaaaah. I was relying on your judgement before buying:)
Thank you so much for the effort btw.
Could we bother you to give a little detailed explanation why you think the clean is better?
Grüezi

The bracelet is much better (ARF), the crystal is not too high, the krona on the crown does not look like a clown hat. Therefore:)

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13

You can get gen hands for $400 so may as well sort it out properly.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Why not make a good watch from the parts of the 2 then sell the other? RF case, clean bracelet crystal crown etc?

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
You can get gen hands for $400 so may as well sort it out properly.

One thing is that gen parts for the 126610 are hard to get. But my main concern is that once a watch exceeds a certain value i start hesitating to wear it in certain situations. (Going out, sports, manual labor, beach and so on).
I know it’s silly but you know…
And since this watch is meant for exactly that, i don’t want to put gen parts on it.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
One thing is that gen parts for the 126610 are hard to get. But my main concern is that once a watch exceeds a certain value i start hesitating to wear it in certain situations. (Going out, sports, manual labor, beach and so on).
I know it’s silly but you know…
And since this watch is meant for exactly that, i don’t want to put gen parts on it.

I wear my gen ceramic Pepsi 24/7, I may take it off if I do DIY or spanner the car but anything else is fair game - and here I find there are some folks worry about put gen parts on a fake Sub and leaving the house.:mousepanic:

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Rough hand edges can be easily fixed with a Q-Tip and Cape Cod. If you have a gentle touch.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Rough hand edges can be easily fixed with a Q-Tip and Cape Cod. If you have a gentle touch.

That’s a good idea if the hands are solid on these models. (Handled several rep hands that were brass underneath).
How would you do that, wrap the cape cod over the tip or soak the Q-Tip with the liquid?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
That’s a good idea if the hands are solid on these models. (Handled several rep hands that were brass underneath).
How would you do that, wrap the cape cod over the tip or soak the Q-Tip with the liquid?

I wrap the cape cod cloth over the q tip and gently go over the edge while holding the hand with tweezers. I think KJ2020 had a tutorial somewhere.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
everyone has their own priorities, but having too many problems for a good rep ... personally I don't agree, even in inserting gen parts in a rep, unless it is absolutely essential to do so, I don't think about it!

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Notwithstanding the fact that many friends here in RWI also do this as a profession in life, I raise my hands and indeed, I respect them immensely and admire them! however personally I am happy as a child with only the rep stocks!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Is the bracelet as good quality and finish as VSF bracelet buddy? I'm looking to buy a bracelet with better end links to put on my VSF, i'm not fussed about the clasp, I'd buy it for the fixed links only.

Last edited: