• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
The few people that want and can do mods is clearly not their target market. Manufacturers aim at selling 1000's of standard models, it's much less complex and most customers are happy that way. Managing inventories and selling individual parts is a nightmare, and that's why you're seeing ARF for example who refuse to sell parts

I disagree. I don’t think any of the manufacturers care, they know they are selling to the black market. They will sell whatever to make money, This is a game of risk and rewards, cat and mouse for them vs authorities.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I disagree. I don’t think any of the manufacturers care, they know they are selling to the black market. They will sell whatever to make money, This is a game of risk and rewards, cat and mouse for them vs authorities.

You said it yourself, they're in this game to make profits. Selling a few spare parts is too much logistics - and therefore cost - for the potential revenue. Even if they add a high individual margin to a part, the low demand and the higher process complexity will not be worth it.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
You said it yourself, they're in this game to make profits. Selling a few spare parts is too much logistics - and therefore cost - for the potential revenue. Even if they add a high individual margin to a part, the low demand and the higher process complexity will not be worth it.

I think it weighs more on the dealers not wanting to do it. Low profits of parts for them...more of a courtesy to us, the customers. I would like the dealers to walk into the Noob factory and order the cases, the arf to get the bands hands and clasps, and ZZF for the insert and dials. Then assemble them, with the local help, and call it RWI factory...the second R factory. LOL

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think it weighs more on the dealers not wanting to do it. Low profits of parts for them...more of a courtesy to us, the customers. I would like the dealers to walk into the Noob factory and order the cases, the arf to get the bands hands and clasps, and ZZF for the insert and dials. Then assemble them, with the local help, and call it RWI factory...the second R factory. LOL

This gets my vote!

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
This post lets me appreciate my v6s subs...

7ca0dd1a6aa967440d51a3a5a31555fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

That'd be nice indeed ahahah :)

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

RandyC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/19

I wouldn't mind one like that either! If not the dealers maybe some of the modders can do that sell in M2M as super Reps with some gen stuff thrown in!

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
jtimewatch hello, I have a question. in the gen, the Crown Side View shows that it has some sort of barcode or engraving, wherein the soon to be released ZZF doesn't have base on your picture, am I seeing it right? Or the lighting make it looks like it doesn't have?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
jtimewatch hello, I have a question. in the gen, the Crown Side View shows that it has some sort of barcode or engraving, wherein the soon to be released ZZF doesn't have base on your picture, am I seeing it right? Or the lighting make it looks like it doesn't have?

it's only a sticker

Reactions: jtimewatch

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China

freediver got you answer buddy, it's just sticker and you will remove that sticker with barcode anyways when you receive your watch.
But ZZF has that sticker with barcode, we just remove it off when taking pictures.

benderHaus

Horology Curious
18/3/18
Thank you for all your hard work on this. What a detailed and helpful guide.

timto1388

16/10/16
United Kingdom
ZzF bezel isn’t a plantium plated

I got 1 in
Bezel click very loud and dry

The clasp very sharp also bracelet

Glass isn’t great as pic

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
ZzF bezel isn’t a plantium plated

I got 1 in
Bezel click very loud and dry

The clasp very sharp also bracelet

Glass isn’t great as pic

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Any pics? :D

somega

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/19
Germany
I am from Germany. Yesterday I ordered a Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ZZF 1: 1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2836 from you. I hope that she is really so good that I can order more. best regards