• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reverso 1931 : is there a replica ?

BrinEter

30/4/12
- ricou2273
- pjsayer
- jb99
- couvreur
- BrinEter

I really do appreciate the Reverso. A quartz would be fine for me, to get a thin case like gen, and as there is no seconds hand, quartz is OK. So, count me in.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Guys, I think the part where we need to convince the maker here is the movement. We need a movement that is widely available and that is reliable and small.

Anyone who can come up with some movements? On RepGeek there is a thread in Angus's section about the 1931, we should all post there to get this repped!

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Any news concerning a good 1931 rep?? I am unfortunately not a member at Rg and cant seem to be able to register...

jb99

29/4/12
I can't find the Angus's announcement on RG. Could you copy the link ?

jb99

29/4/12
Thanks !

For those who can't access RepGeek : Angus proposes two Reverso's, the 1931 (red, black, white) and the Grande Taille, both quartz (as gens)
The vote is virtually equal : 55 for the Grande Taille, 51 for the Reverso.

To be followed.

btw, I thought RG = RepGeek, RWG = Replica Watch Guide, was I mistaken ?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Thanks !

For those who can't access RepGeek : Angus proposes two Reverso's, the 1931 (red, black, white) and the Grande Taille, both quartz (as gens)

To be followed.

No, you are right. :cheese:

My vote is for the 1931. The Grande Taille may be technically more accurate since the gen has a quartz. It is, however, a very "dainty" watch IMO. I have nothing against diminutive watches, but guys with 6.5" to 7" inch wrists are complaining about it being too small. Those of us with 7.5" and up wrists (I have an 8.5") could never really wear the GT comfortably. Is the quartz movement really that big of a deal??? These are simple watches with just a minute and hour hand... no ticking seconds to worry about. What difference does it make what's inside... it's a rep for pete's sake. Even if you put a manual wind movement inside, it's not going to fool anyone into thinking its a gen JLC. I would rather them use a quartz and get the case, dial hands and reverso mechanism down perfectly. :)

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Thanks !

To be followed.

Thank you, great news, I think they are both great watches and I hope if this rep gets popular they will rep many more versions of the reverso.

D

d4m.test

Hi there, I know, old thread, but do you know where to get parts for that watch ? I finally found one, but with the wrong dials !

heini

kilrimont

Known Member
18/12/10
add me

Add me to the list. I have searched for a good reverse for years and it is not yet made as a rep. I would prefer mechanical movement, but most important is the quality of the case and reversing mechanism. And for god sake, no visible screws on one side?

D

d4m.test

fantasy JLC Reverso Chronograph Grey Graphite Dial /original: Squadra Chronograph GMT

Ryan at Intime has got this classic "Sportswatch", its tough and reliable, the seconds hand at 6 with 1,7 mm length is so small that from 50cm distance You can´t tell if its sweeping or ticking, the main second hand is locked at 12´(great feature) only moves when using the Chrono. It´s a Myota 20 OS chronoquartz. It "reverses" in a second, build is strong and reliable, watch is totally silent and feels solid/ tough. It´s great, if You like the design I highly recommend it.

jlc800_9573_zpsb850ca35.jpg

jlc800_9574_zps6e27d4b9.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Very nice looking timepiece. The back is blank I hope.

Would be even more stunning with a chocolate stingray or maybe snakeskin strap :)

DanishPanther

Known Member
15/8/12
Ryan at Intime has got this classic "Sportswatch", its tough and reliable, the seconds hand at 6 with 1,7 mm length is so small that from 50cm distance You can´t tell if its sweeping or ticking, the main second hand is locked at 12´(great feature) only moves when using the Chrono. It´s a Myota 20 OS chronoquartz. It "reverses" in a second, build is strong and reliable, watch is totally silent and feels solid/ tough. It´s great, if You like the design I highly recommend it.

I take it that it's this one?
http://www.intime.co/product.php?id_product=1187

I'm one of they guys cheering for Angus, - but have desperately needed a decent dress watch for work for a long time (I sport an explorer II daily, but needs something a bit more stylish) ... and seams like it's going to take along time before we see it yet ...

Can you give us some wrist shoots? perhaps a more detailed review?

How about the strap? how well is it made? is there someone inhere that sells not to expensive gators that fits this?

D

d4m.test

Jlc reverso 2 no time for a full review but here is some data

“Along time ago, back in 1931, in a dusty vortex and to the accompaniment ofhorses’ hooves hammering, an idea was born: a watch with a dial that couldprotect itself from shocks,
all the while offering a personalised engraved background.â€

Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Squadra ChronographGrey Graphite Quartz (from Intime),
seconds and date at 6 instead of at 12, 24hr indicator at 3, fully functionalChronograph,
This is a classic sportswatch, by reversing the face You protect it (fun toplay with). The reversing mechanism is solid and works smooth, takes less thana second to do it but its more fun to reverse it slowly. This is a firm slidingmechanism, when at the end position with the face or the back up it clicks intoplace. Works like a charm.
The large second hand is frozen at 12 as long as You don´t use the Chrono(Great feature, no ticking).
The small second hand is so small You don´t even see it ticking (1,7mm),specially because of the position at 6 also, the eyes automatically look at thesymmetric top squares when looking at the dial.
Weak but readable lume on the hands only.

Weight:104 grams including the light strap it comes with, for the kind of watch infact it gives it a solid feel;

Strap:any 20 mm should fit, there is a gen croco chocolate strap with a kind oftriangular, thicker attachment base to the case so it fits seemlessly to thecase (saw it used for 160 euro, more than the watch).
Thestrap it comes with doesn´t smell, is JLC engraved and has a JLC deployantbuckle that snaps open well but holds the strap firmly closed and attached tothe wrist and I actually like it as it comes.

12,3mm height, it wears quite high and big

JLCwrist720xIMG_0699_zps92034e1a.jpg

and another view of the sliding mechanism
DSC_9582_zps3b2a877a.jpg