• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reverso 1931 : is there a replica ?

jb99

29/4/12
Hi

I can't find on any website the replica of the iconic 1931 Reverso... I mean neither the 1931 version nor the Tribute to 1931.
Because of the simplicity of the watch I don't think it would be too hard to make, would it be ?
I saw a little figure of reverso -that didn't seem very well made btw- but never the 1931
Perhaps there's not a demand too important but that's kinda weird given the number of JLC amateurs... :sam:

So if somebody know about a replica of this watch !

Here's the beauty (gen)

779798d1343846071-reverso-1931-tribute-ultra-thin-no-second-hand-grande-reverso-ultra-thin-tribute-1931_steel-hd.jpg

Do you share my despair ?:cry:

BrinEter

30/4/12
I totally share your despair. I would love a good quality basic JLC Reverso. I would even go for a quartz version, as gen exist in both versions, mechanical and quartz.

From time to time I check TD websites for Reverso, but I did not found any interesting Reverso yet...

jb99

29/4/12
That's bad…
May our call for help be heard by our TD's ^^

jb99

29/4/12
I've made a research about the Jean Muller Reverso, and, oddly enough JLC didn't ever made such a watch. So we have in the link you gave a replica of fake (Reverso is a trademark), that's quite funny !
Meanwhile, a watch with the black dial the handset of the one with the white dial could be interesting...

Anyway, are you satisfied with it ?

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
No decent Reverso now but on RG we are trying to get Angus to persuade a maker or Noob to finally make a 1:1 dress watch and the Reverso is top of the list. Might happen, but not this year.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I've made a research about the Jean Muller Reverso, and, oddly enough JLC didn't ever made such a watch.
Anyway, are you satisfied with it ?

JLC never made a Reverso, well that's news to me.

Anyway, yes I'm quite satisfied thank-you.

JeanMullerReverso002.jpg

JeanMullerReverso003.jpg

JeanMullerReverso001.jpg

JeanMullerReverso005.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I still want one with only one face and a closed back :)

jb99

29/4/12
No decent Reverso now but on RG we are trying to get Angus to persuade a maker or Noob to finally make a 1:1 dress watch and the Reverso is top of the list. Might happen, but not this year.

That's good news !

cybee said:
JLC never made a Reverso, well that's news to me.

This is not what I meant.
Of course JLC made the Reversos but not a "Jean Muller edition", moreover made in germany. And noone seems to know how they could legally write "Reverso" on the watch.
That's why I said this is not a JLC Replica.
Tell me if I'm wrong. No offense :)

ricou2273

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/10
if maker will will repthe Reverso 1931 for sure i will take one.!!!

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
+1 for a really good JLC reverso rep, a big thread about this on RG.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
This is not what I meant.
Of course JLC made the Reversos but not a "Jean Muller edition", moreover made in germany. And noone seems to know how they could legally write "Reverso" on the watch.

Never said JLC made a Jean Muller. It's a watch made in China fashioned to look like a JLC Reverso with a last name of another stylish watch company :lol:

As far a legalities go, uh, I don't think the Chinese are too worried about it.

Like you I hope one day we have a nice rep of a 1931 :)

ricou2273

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/10
ok all, i propose to make a list of people who want this reverso 1931

So here we go.

I'm IN.. this is the only reverso i like.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I'm definitely interested - ideally a quartz version to get it super thin

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
maybe but as mentioned I'd prefer the original "single" face model

jb99

29/4/12
I'm in too, of course.

Just tried on my wrist the gen yesterday (and I was about to ask them why we couldn't find it easily when I realized I was not on RWI) in a shop, the seller told me it was a mecanical movement, that would be great too.

Anyway I'm on the list for a thin quartz or a regular size.
I think we should wait a moment to see how many people are interested. I assume they will be numerous ! ;)

couvreur

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/6/12
Count me in for one as well, either quartz or (preferrably) mechanical.
I just love that classic design!