• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[RESOLVED]Enough is enough. I want my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Is it too late to have 9postguy put forward as a Hall of Fame nominee?

I too have an interest in how this develops, knowing the dealer/member in question I feel he is in no way a scammer. If he's given time I'm sure this will be sorted out. However, I agree with the OP's actions, this is not a newbie knee-jerk but a reasoned response to the dealers lack of personal communication with him...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
BK/wm9's model is not a typical dealer model..... you are putting a deposit down on a project.... when that project is completed, you will pay the remainder of the balance which will be below the retail amount once the project is done (typically like 20-30%)...

No one has to put a deposit down... you can wait for it to be finished and then pay full retail... your choice...

Not quite how it worked out. First was the deposit. Then a request for money to buy the movements for your watch. Then payment in full to maintain your place at the head of the line. And this is just for the Sea Dweller.

More $$ is now needed in advance to purchase the materials for the TT Subs.

That's the reality, but I'm OK with that. I still have faith in the dealer.

Like Carnut, I think a little communication would go a long way. How hard would it be for George to do a little update on the website just so we know he's still around. He doesn't even seem to notice when his web site is down for 3 weeks until somebody finally e-mails him with the details. What's with that?

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
If you hadn't noticed, all mention of replicas has been removed from the webpage ( i know the pages are still there but you have to know the url's to access them)...

I think it is more likely there was a reason the board was brought down... maybe a letter from a lawyer or two...

I'm on the SD pre-order and I have not been asked to pay the balance so it looks like you are ahead of me KBH... i'll trade spots with you no problem...

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
It seems that this topic has blown very far off course....posts questioning business models? asking for bank funding?

Perfect example of why threads get locked sometimes.
After a little while, everyone's $0.02 turns into $1.00 and the OP's original post has turned into 20 peoples opinions and paranoia.

Bottom line, things become counter productive once the bandwagon has rolled down the street and valid points in posts by the OP or THOSE WITH KNOWLEDGE become overlooked in order to continue beating the horse that's pulling the wagon.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
Perfect example of why threads get locked sometimes.
After a little while, everyone's $0.02 turns into $1.00 and the OP's original post has turned into 20 peoples opinions and paranoia.

Bottom line, things become counter productive once the bandwagon has rolled down the street and valid points in posts by the OP or THOSE WITH KNOWLEDGE become overlooked in order to continue beating the horse that's pulling the wagon.

Well said. I agree completely. If you were to come into this thread and skip to a random page without reading the original post you would have no F'in idea whats going on this has blown so far off topic.

Back on topic: I wanted to get in on one of these buys from this particular dealer when they were offering but with all the cloak and dagger tatics, im quite glad I didnt, despite what the outcome models look like. 1:1 ftw! lol

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Well, this LegendofSpeed guy with 8 posts (even less than 9) in only 028 minutes, see how he defends the dealer. He calls himself TRIAD (Triad as 3, he is obviously one + the twins are two 1+2=3, right?) LEADER ("leader" is the anagram of "dealer", whom do you think you can fool?) he said he has not been asked to pay the balance yet and still he offered to trade spots with you who have paid already, trying ipso facto to scam your payment.
Tell me about shill and scam, this LoS guy should be warned by the admin at least.
I hereby start a petition to have him muted except for rare occasions in which he will only be allowed to talk random bullshIt.

A cautious JellyJoe

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Who said anything about BK/WM9? Guess that is the dealer you outed huh?

Hey, I got my own issues with another dealer/modder around the forums. I am giving it another 4 weeks...then I am going to go postal.

Anyone could've figured that out, specially after reading the 2nd sentence on the 1st post, lol.

My guess is that BK's PM box is quite full, remember, he is offering his services on 3 forums [RWI, RWG and RG] not to mention he has a job, he's building watches for delivery [which are a LOT], has to eat, etc. All this is time consuming and to check each and every PM on all forums is very difficult.

Now, I'm not defending anyone here, I'm just stating the obvious to give a wider perspective on what's probably going on, I also have a pre-order with BK on his WM9 SD and I trust he will deliver, I was on the waiting list for the BK Sub when it came out about a year or so ago and he made a large amount of orders and I got mine delivered without any issues.

Remember guys, he mentioned there could be delays and there were, I'm extremely patient and could wait until December if I had to, meh, but that's me... I'm sure this will be settled in an amicable manner.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Obviously I am not involved as a buyer in this but to try and at least clarify the situation a little before it spirals into oblivion and completely off topic

The forum dealer in this matter is also a victim I think.
He is a great guy and has nothing but glowing feedback.
The problem with projects is the dealer doesn't have control of all of the variables

What should have happened is after the initial deposit to guarantee interest the buyers should have had no further cash calls until the final item was ready to be sent.

The biggest problem with this project seems to be over selling and under financing add to that further projects added and you will always arrive at the situation this is now.
This whole situation is more akin to an idea rather than a project set up and ready to go with parts ready and in place hence the delays just unavoidable, factories are notoriously bad at keeping delivery dates and altering spec without warning thats the nature of the beast.

I don't think for one moment that the dealer has been anything other than completely honest in this affair.

If he is guilty of anything it's being naive in thinking his suppliers would be as reliable as him. correct me if I am wrong but as I read it the dealer is very peripheral in this production and apart from selling the item his only other involvement is doing some fine tuning before delivery.

I feel sure that watches will be delivered to the buyers in the near future and this is nothing more than a passing cloud in an otherwise clear sky.

The lessons to be learned here by both dealers and members is make sure the horse is in the race before you place a bet on it.

PS: 9-postguy Don't worry about having a low post count there is a lot of the crap posted by members with a high post count as well, so don't think you need to have a huge number of posts just to be taken seriously.
The sensible members will look at the post content rather than the posters post count

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Well, this LegendofSpeed guy with 8 posts (even less than 9) in only 028 minutes, see how he defends the dealer. He calls himself TRIAD (Triad as 3, he is obviously one + the twins are two 1+2=3, right?) LEADER ("leader" is the anagram of "dealer", whom do you think you can fool?) he said he has not been asked to pay the balance yet and still he offered to trade spots with you who have paid already, trying ipso facto to scam your payment.
Tell me about shill and scam, this LoS guy should be warned by the admin at least.
I hereby start a petition to have him muted except for rare occasions in which he will only be allowed to talk random bullshIt.

A cautious JellyJoe

I agree with JellyJoe, petition signed.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
sSc_angrymob.gif

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Joe if there's one thing i've learned in life, its don't mess with Triads. haven't you ever watched Young and Dangerous? thats what real life in HK is like.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
what I dont get (generally speaking) is paying a lot up front and taking all the risk - for a segment of a market with high profit margins and within that segment - this is massively high profit margins.

1000 people paying $1000 is $1m ... thats a big honey pot ...

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I for one will be paying the balance on my order. Call me naive, but I trust that the delaer will deliver an absolutely phenomenal watch, and I believe it will happen within the next 6 months. And, yes - I've been waiting over a year like the rest.

acharria

26/10/09
Dont waste my time!!!

Why you dont use the dealers name at the start?
People freak up, everybody say something... i dont even care if i knew the dealer....
Secrecy is a bad back stabbing friend......
Secrecy is bad for an open forum...
Close the thread, even worse, more people want to post their two cents.
And the WORST IMHO the dealer should post something, like D4M do when was his time, and the dealer was around...
Good luck boys, this is my last time in this ·$·""!%&//·/3 thread

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Why you dont use the dealers name at the start?
People freak up, everybody say something... i dont even care if i knew the dealer....
Secrecy is a bad back stabbing friend......
Secrecy is bad for an open forum...
Close the thread, even worse, more people want to post their two cents.
And the WORST IMHO the dealer should post something, like D4M do when was his time, and the dealer was around...
Good luck boys, this is my last time in this ·$·""!%&//·/3 thread

Because sometimes things can be resolved before giving bad press to such dealer, mainly because most of the time it's just some kind of misunderstanding, a delay, etc. That's why you don't mention the dealer at first sometimes.

1leighton1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/08
the last update I got on my SD order is below. It was sent to me by the dealer 4 days ago. I will say that he has been good about keeping me in the loop when the time frame changes.

"components are looking March. Add a couple months to get the
components and assembly, I'll start shipping in May if smooth."

Status
Not open for further replies.