• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reporting a scam

cogitoergo1100

Getting To Know The Place
MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
This member reached out to me and messaged me about a watch. Asked him to send him money via PayPal. Foolishly I did. And gave him shipping address.

I don't even care about money.

I can no longer delete messages that contain my personal address.

How can I do this?

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
This member reached out to me and messaged me about a watch. Asked him to send him money via PayPal. Foolishly I did. And gave him shipping address.

I don't even care about money.

I can no longer delete messages that contain my personal address.

How can I do this?
Where is your personal information posted? Open a Help Desk ticket on the incident. Since there was not sales thread we can’t help you recover your money, but we can take action against the scamming member, if warranted.

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Where is your personal information posted? Open a Help Desk ticket on the incident. Since there was not sales thread we can’t help you recover your money, but we can take action against the scamming member, if warranted.
It was posted in the personal thread that he started with me. He asked me to send money via PayPal FF. I should've known better.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
It was posted in the personal thread that he started with me. He asked me to send money via PayPal FF. I should've known better.
We don’t have access to the PMs. He’s the only one who can see it.

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
I have filed a ticket W7J-GLT-YVBL

I just want the thread to be deleted as soon as possible.

Reactions: Phaze38

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
In that case, would it be possible to lock the account (it's a 10 day old account. He said he reopened an account after the site crash or something)

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I have filed a ticket W7J-GLT-YVBL

I just want the thread to be deleted as soon as possible.
I just replied to it and as @Cicero has stated. We have absolutely no access to your private messages or ability to delete them.

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
He sent me pictures of the watch and then I found out that he got the pictures from a prior sale that had happened.

Here's where he got the images from :

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Is there any way for me to delete my own messages to this user?

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
This was the message he sent me.

Last edited by a moderator:

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Okay, you need to chill for just a second.

You're going 100 miles an hour in desperation, breaking rules yourself. Do not post private messages unless asked by staff.

Reactions: TESLA760 and Cicero

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Here are other images. He just picked them from the prior sold thread and sent it to me. He knew I was a newer user noob and scammed me.

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24

You're going 100 miles an hour in desperation, breaking rules yourself. Do not post private messages unless asked by staff.

1) he asked me to pay via PayPal FF
2) he sent me pics of the watch and they're identical to pictures posted in another, older thread
3) the prices he quoted were incredibly low

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24

Ok sorry about that.

I'm just not used to this and just worried about personal information. Like I said, at this point I assume the money is gone and I don't even want it back. Lesson learnt.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I'm sorry you got scammed but we try and warn everyone all the time about this.

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
I'm sorry you got scammed but we try and warn everyone all the time about this.

Yes I know. Definitely my fault and lesson learnt.

I did buy a watch from a TD but got greedy because this member approached me and sounded legit.

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Ok sorry about that.

I'm just not used to this and just worried about personal information. Like I said, at this point I assume the money is gone and I don't even want it back. Lesson learnt.
There is nothing neither you nor RWI can do to stop your address from being in your Private Messages.

That's sadly part of your problem here.

Regarding the seller, etc, go back to the RWI Help Desk ticket and we'll take it from there.

Reactions: TESLA760

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
There is nothing neither you nor RWI can do to stop your address from being in your Private Messages.

That's sadly part of your problem here.

Regarding the seller, etc, go back to the RWI Help Desk ticket and we'll take it from there.

Yes I have messaged the Help Desk back.

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Can admins delete this thread? I will just use the ticket to connect with the admins. Thanks much.

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
We do not delete threads. But, the person has been dealt with. Sadly a repeat scammer.