• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reporting a scam

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15

Can admins delete this thread? I will just use the ticket to connect with the admins. Thanks much.
I’m sorry we can’t delete threads. As painful as this is, this event will serve as a reminder that members have to be diligent. Staff has put into place rules and guidelines in an attempt to create a safe place where we can buy and sell watches. However, if you guys don’t follow the rules and exercise common sense we can’t help. You boys have to look out for yourselves.

cogitoergo1100

Getting To Know The Place
MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Yes and I'm glad I didn't scammed big time. But I was downright stupid and the forum admins were superb. Thanks for taking such quick action.

Reactions: Cicero

P..DR..D

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
You seem to be taking it on the chin and will no doubt learn from it, which is the correct approach as nada can be done now.

This thread, as @Cicero has said, will be a reminder for other members, if they happen upon it, of the importance of a reserved thread, and doing due diligence before sending a cent to a randomer on the internet.

Since the restrictions enforced on the WTB section, these toerag scammers seem to be targeting other areas, searching for victims.

And it looks like this was the thread that prompted contact, as you expressed interest in a certain watch.

A REMINDER TO EVERYONE TO BE VIGILANT EVERYWHERE, ESPECIALLY WITH PM OFFERS.

IMPORTANT STICKIES BELOW

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
cogitoergo1100 as the mods have said, we can't delete "personal threads". Those are called PMs, PM stands for Private Message, we can't access them nor can we delete them, "private" ,means just that.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
This member reached out to me and messaged me about a watch. Asked him to send him money via PayPal. Foolishly I did. And gave him shipping address.

I don't even care about money.

I can no longer delete messages that contain my personal address.

How can I do this?
Lol nice one , now YOU have made a second account , you know thats against the rules too

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
I didn't know it was against the rules. Sorry. I didn't want to be fooled again.

I wasn't trying to impersonate or do anything fishy. I'm not selling anything or trying to scam people. Just trying to buy watches and protecting my identity.

If that's against the rules, please delete my accounts. I'm not sure what to say.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
yup so making a second account will stop you from being fooled ?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I wasn't trying to impersonate or do anything fishy. I'm not selling anything or trying to scam people. Just trying to buy watches and protecting my identity.

If that's against the rules, please delete my accounts. I'm not sure what to say.
well il tell ya what , send me a PM well work on it

Reactions: TESLA760

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24

I mean, please delete THIS account. I am concerned because I posted personal info using this account and I wouldn't mind if this account got deleted.

Hope you understand and hope that makes sense.

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
yup so making a second account will stop you from being fooled ?
I didn't make a second account to stop being fooled.

I just figured that if a scammer can see my previous posts (scrolling through my post history) about how I got scammed, I would be more likely to get scammed again.

Does that make sense?

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24

I just figured that if a scammer can see my previous posts (scrolling through my post history) about how I got scammed, I would be more likely to get scammed again.

Does that make sense?
When I said "I'm unable to send you a PM" I mean that when I click on your ID to send you a PM, it says I don't have permission to view the page.

Maybe my account has been restricted or locked or something. 🤷‍♂️

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Does that make sense?
No, not unless you are so naive that you would let it happen again, haven't you learnt your lesson about back-door sales?

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Maybe my account has been restricted or locked or something.
Yes it has, because you opened a second account. It's in the rules, you read them when you joined or at least you ticked a box to say you had read them. You will need to take out a support ticket at The RWi Help Desk to have the matter addressed. It is very obvious you just ticked "test" on that box and also failed to read the informational thread you were sent to when first joining up, you completely ignored information that would have prevented this from happening but apparently, you didn't see the need to read the thread. Sometimes I wonder why we waste out time.

These rules exist specifically to help prevent what happened to you from occurring.

Last edited:

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Yes it has, because you opened a second account. It's in the rules, you read them when you joined or at least you ticked a box to say you had read them. You will need to take out a support ticket at The RWi Help Desk to have the matter addressed. It is very obvious you just ticked "test" on that box and also failed to read the informational thread you were sent to when first joining up, you completely ignored information that would have prevented this from happening but apparently, you didn't see the need to read the thread. Sometimes I wonder why we waste out time.

These rules exist specifically to help prevent what happened to you from occurring.
Alright

I'm a pretty decent guy and while I appreciate I broke the rules there's no need to be condescending about it. We all know how many people read T&CS.

Go ahead and block me or cancel my aco

cogitoergo1100

MULTI ACCOUNT
29/7/24
Alright

I'm a pretty decent guy and while I appreciate I broke the rules there's no need to be condescending about it. We all know how many people read T&CS.

Go ahead and block me or cancel my aco
Go ahead and cancel my account.

I made an honest mistake and don't like being talked down to. You're not my mom.