• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Refund Issues with Hont: (Before Joining RWI, no support to be given)

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands
Omg, ffs. 😱 This is what I'm talking about.
The allignment of marker at 1 compared to the little 5 above it is bothering me the most.

It visually stands out to me and I've seen examples where this doesn't necessarily has to be the case.

I asked dealer if allignment was off and he proofed there was no dust, but I could not verify the allignment.

As far as I know it is normal to RL and select a different piece, I dont see the problem in asking for a comparison with a different QC, Am I truly expected to know the exact possible margins of errors and variation for every model I want to buy? I just wanted to see if there was a better example for me to choose from.

I may be inexperienced in repwatches but I have bought alot of bags & clothing from chinese sellers directly & trough agents, and in both cases it is accepted to go trough multiple samples before accepting the product, it doesn't mean you look for perfection but that doesn't mean I am expected to immediately accept the first item offered, specially not when shipping from China to EU, you just want to make sure you stand behind your choice.

If a new QC was available I wouldn't have asked for a refund, I asked for a refund because stock would take a long time and it was my choice to wait for it or refund.

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands

Um, I've looked, what on earth is wrong with that watch because I see nothing at all even remotely wrong. Praytell, what misalignment?
@kennygconspiracy please tell me you were not one of those who told him to reject this.
Marker 1 compared to the little 5 above it is visually bothering me, I cannot unsee the off placement and I tried to manipulate perspective, compare it trough different images, even analysed frames of a video, and in all cases it was difficult for me to confirm if it was actually misaligned or not.

When I asked the dealer about it he only proofed there was no dust,

I assumed there was no problem with asking for a second watch since it was offered to me.

And again to clarify there is no reason to involve other people in this since they are not responsible for my decisions, i asked for experience and possible solutions to try, no one ever spoke with absolute certainty or authority.

The only reason I mentioned who I talked to was because I felt like people were making fun of me and not taking me serious and I wanted people to at least take in consideration I did my best to find an awnser from people more experienced in the repwatch scene.

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands
Someone please tell me I’m wrong but the watch is slanted to the left on the picture.
This is exactly why I asked to adress the misalignment and help me figure out if its truly because of the camera angle or not.

Again, in my transaction with the dealer it was agreed upon that I could request a different sample, it saves resources and headaches in the long run because it prevents unnecessary suprises considering the distance between buyer and seller.

Red lights happen all the time and are usually accepted by the dealer, I based mine purely on the fact that I have seen QC of this model where the allignment was according to my taste without anything standing out visually.

Community in the discord understood my concerns and agreed that it's not worth the risk if i can't stand behind my purchase, some other people also said they have seen better examples so most suggested to red light.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Someone please tell me I’m wrong but the watch is slanted to the left on the picture.
Correct. All of them are. None of them will ever be on a flat plane, and even if it was, this if what's wrong with this hobby today. This is the crap that has driven up the price to ridiculous levels.

I've kinda went off on the author and I don't mean to be insulting or mean to him, this has hit several long exposed nerves for me.

Genuinely not trying to be a dick to the guy, but rejecting watches like this is so freaking unacceptable, and whatever discord group said to reject this should be abandoned. They screwed you.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19

Um, I've looked, what on earth is wrong with that watch because I see nothing at all even remotely wrong. Praytell, what misalignment?
@kennygconspiracy please tell me you were not one of those who told him to reject this.
Not at all. Any suggestions made on the forum are that, suggestions. Unfortunately we cannot control what people deem as worthy so it can get tiresome for sure if someone runs with it and takes it out of control. I would not RL that personally either.

Hont has been nothing but wonderful in my experience and I think this is something that blew way out of proportion lol.

Reactions: trailboss99

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
@F229, as @daytona4me states. The “experts” did you a disservice. None of our displeasure is turned towards you.

It is that first, every other damned platform sends us their “problem children”. Then we’re the ones held liable for the problems they didn’t want to deal with. This occurs HOURLY.

Secondly, without discredit your preferences and concerns, these type of small (to us) issues become grievances and extra work for everyone involved.

@trailboss99 swears at every time he sees that QC tool. I do too. You probably weren’t around when there was a time we did not get QC pics. We paid and hoped for the best.

I’m profoundly sorry that you were misled by these experts. Clearly, these watches are not photographed in perfect alignment and they will never be.

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
@F229, as @daytona4me states. The “experts” did you a disservice. None of our displeasure is turned towards you.

It is that first, every other damned platform sends us their “problem children”. Then we’re the ones held liable for the problems they didn’t want to deal with. This occurs HOURLY.

Secondly, without discredit your preferences and concerns, these type of small (to us) issues become grievances and extra work for everyone involved.

@trailboss99 swears at every time he sees that QC tool. I do too. You probably weren’t around when there was a time we did not get QC pics. We paid and hoped for the best.

I’m profoundly sorry that you were misled by these experts. Clearly, these watches are not photographed in perfect alignment and they will never be.
It's my personal fault for suggesting they come here to find resolution with Hont. I am very sorry for what happened here. I should make a few things clear.

1) Any QC help on reddit or on discord, is that, suggestions. What a user does with it is unfortunately out of the hands of moderators there.

2) Old advice to me was to have peaceful resolution with a TD on that specific forum. I am out of touch with current regulations here and have made a folly by suggesting they come here for a resolution

3) The QC the gentleman suggested was not violently rejected as a concerted group effort by reptimebst. One or two individuals gave an opinion, and that was it. They don't speak for the group, nor what their intent to mislead the gentleman. It's in their best interest to do their own research and figure out what works for them.

In all, this won't happen again, nobody will be referred to RWI for resolution with TDs. It was a regulatory misunderstanding, and there was zero intent of offense or causing grievance. I know very well the sacrifice of giving up hundreds of hours for the sake of assisting on a forum. It's not easy whatsoever.

Appreciate the clarification, the gentleman has also found resolution with Hont as of this afternoon as well, so this post is all but closed.

Thank you team!

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands

Given my uncertainty about the purchase and standard business practices allowing for a second sample, coupled with the group's inability to reach a consensus and the lack of clarifying photos, the only logical suggestion from the group was to ask the dealer for a new QC.

I Truly don't see the harm in that considering it was nothing more than a suggestion.

The only issue I had was no communication about my refund.

It is me who made the choices and asked the input of other's, so I take full responsibility because the group is not to be held accountable for my actions,

I only want to give you guys an honest and transparant context of what happened here.

Reactions: daytona4me

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands
Given my uncertainty about the purchase and standard business practices allowing for a second sample, coupled with the group's inability to reach a consensus and the lack of clarifying photos, the only logical suggestion from the group was to ask the dealer for a new QC.

I Truly don't see the harm in that considering it was nothing more than a suggestion.

The only issue I had was no communication about my refund.

It is me who made the choices and asked the input of other's, so I take full responsibility because the group is not to be held accountable for my actions,

I only want to give you guys an honest and transparant context of what happened here.
I have to edit: it was not the suggestion from the "group", i meant select members in the group i interacted with.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
the gentleman has also found resolution with Hont as of this afternoon as well, so this post is all but closed.

Thank you team!
Ok, so this guy received the refund that hont had promised??

Does everyone realize that money leaving China often can take longer than money coming into their country?

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Ok, so this guy received the refund that hont had promised??

Does everyone realize that money leaving China often can take longer than money coming into their country?
As far as I understand, yes his matter was resolved.

And my guess was funds and procurement took time. This isn't Amazon and you can't expect instant refunds unfortunately, comes with the territory lol. We all must be patient.