• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Refund Issues with Hont: (Before Joining RWI, no support to be given)

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands
Hello Everyone,

I'm facing a refund issue with Hont regarding a VSF DateJust 41 purchase, and I'd appreciate any advice or help to resolve this. Here's a quick rundown:

May 27, 2023
Paid Hont via bank transfer. Received QC same day, requested RL due to dust and misalignment. I requested a RL based on these issues. I also consulted with community experts who agreed and suggested I RL the dial as wel

May 29, 2023

Hont sent me a picture demonstrating there wasn't any dust under the dial. However, he didn't provide any further assistance to clarify the alignment issue. As a result, I asked for a new QC.

June 2, 2023
Hont couldn't provide a timeline for the new QC. Due to previous long wait times (3 months) after RL, requested refund instead.

June 7, 2023
Hont agreed to refund and asked for payment info. PayPal was rejected; provided necessary bank details.

June 14, 2023
No communication from Hont despite multiple follow-ups every two days asking for refund updates.

In addition to the refund issue, I've also been facing technical difficulties accessing RWIHelpDesk. I'm consistently getting a 1020 error from Cloudflare, making it impossible for me to create a ticket.

At this point, I'm unsure what to do next as there's been no response or refund. Any suggestions or experiences dealing with similar situations would be immensely helpful since I'm new to the forum.

Thanks!

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
We won't be able to assist you at the Help Desk since you purchased the watch on May 27, 2023, but did not join the forum until today, June 14, 2023 (57 minutes ago as of the posting of my response). I have a feeling the "community experts" who advised you to reject the watch were not from RWI and most likely gave you bad advice. I'd try posting on Reddit or whatever watch forum you were operating on when you purchased the watch to see if they can assist you. Be patient and work with Hont. Good luck.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands
You're correct about the timeline. I purchased the watch on May 27, 2023, and only joined the forum today, June 14, 2023. My engagement with community experts occurred on the RTBST Discord, not RWI, as you pointed out.

It was there that Mattyster first suggested that I RL, and Kennygconspiracy also agreed. My decision to reject the watch was based on the collective input from that group since it is a bit more mature than the audience on the subreddits.

After waiting things out I asked for advice and Kenny suggested to me that it might be beneficial to post on the HONT page or create a ticket.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Correct, reptimebst (which is on discord, nowhere else; there's zero affiliation with copies made elsewhere) does not have TDs or authorization/connections to resolve such matters. The suggestion was given to create a ticket on RWI or find resolution at the source of where a TD might be rather than on reptimebst.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Correct, reptimebst (which is on discord, nowhere else; there's zero affiliation with copies made elsewhere) does not have TDs or authorization/connections to resolve such matters. The suggestion was given to create a ticket on RWI or find resolution at the source of where a TD might be rather than on reptimebst.
Dare I sound somewhat crass, but that that type of suggestion should not be made.

I can understand your intent, but it invites people into RWI to just take advantage of the relationships RWI has and leads to major disappointment in the person who comes in here thinking we're gonna magically solve it.

@F229, you will receive no assistance from RWI in this matter. I'm sorry you were misled.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Appreciate the clarification, I will personally refrain from adding to any headaches here for staff. Apologies for any inconveniences mate, the user here could find other means to resolve their circumstance.
None at all, as I said, I can understand the intent.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Appreciate the clarification, I will personally refrain from adding to any headaches here for staff. Apologies for any inconveniences mate, the user here could find other means to resolve their circumstance.
We appreciate it. We all have full time jobs, families, etc. and the HD is always busy. We get sick of members of other forums joining RWI just to ask us to clean up their messes and mistakes. It doesn't go over well with Staff or members who actively contribute to RWI and occasionally need some assistance. I even remember seeing a written suggestion by a Reddit moderator that Reddit members should join RWI just in case something goes wrong with their purchase. If that is still going on, it needs to end. Thank you.

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands
We appreciate it. We all have full time jobs, families, etc. and the HD is always busy. We get sick of members of other forums joining RWI just to ask us to clean up their messes and mistakes. It doesn't go over well with Staff or members who actively contribute to RWI and occasionally need some assistance. I even remember seeing a written suggestion by a Reddit moderator that Reddit members should join RWI just in case something goes wrong with their purchase. If that is still going on, it needs to end. Thank you.
Again I apologize for causing this confusion/annoyance,

I'm more of a casual lurker since I usually browse at work between calls + I'm no expert in watches so I never really felt the need to create an account and contribute,

It was not my assumption that this would be the "magic fix", since the suggestion to post here was simply based on me asking some more experienced people where to usually go in these situations and what options exist.

(I also did not make it clear in the discord that did not have an active account on this forum)

I did not realize how often It gets abused by new members but I understand now.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I would love to see the watch your experts told you to reject. I'm so sick of people thinking they can get a freaking perfect watch out of China. It's crawling with police throwing our damn dealers and factory reps in jail and we are rejecting crap over fractions of a millimeter.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I would love to see the watch your experts told you to reject. I'm so sick of people thinking they can get a freaking perfect watch out of China. It's crawling with police throwing our damn dealers and factory reps in jail and we are rejecting crap over fractions of a millimeter.
Amen!

F229

Horology Curious
14/6/23
The Netherlands
Sure I will link the pictures I showed to the experienced buyers,

"Expert" was just their discord role it doesn't mean anything officially.

Hont proof to me there is NO dust, but because of allignment I wanted to try new QC,

The new QC would take long because watch was not in stock and last time I waited so long that I tought better to refund and buy when in stock again,

Btw I have finally talked with Hont about this and he has sent the refund, I am waiting for it to be recieved on my account and then I will confirm it here.

Again I want to clarify no hate to hont, waiting is OK but not if I get no reply or indication. I just didn't know what to do anymore and asked for advice here

Old QC:

• Haha
Reactions: jp3007_1

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Every dealer has reported that some fools created some criss-cross "alignment" tool, and countless watches are being rejected for being a human hair or two off. Any basic geometry knowledge knows that angles on tilt cannot be measured in a flat image.

If this dude is due a refund, then I hope he gets it, my rant is from rejecting watches that I'm willing to bet money was a good watch.