• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Received my Calibre 36!

Grand Sport

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/11
Purchased from Puretime. Transaction was neat and tidy, conversation was consistent and flawless. Shipping took about a week and a half.

It is the 'super-rep' with 7750 movement and I must say, I am floored by the quality and craftsmanship. It is satisfyingly heavy, and there are only three flaws I can spot when comparing with the gen - and they're nothing that you'd ever notice unless you were really looking for them. I am thus far 100% happy with it.

Some photos of the piece taken with the 'Vette:

3.png

1.png

2.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
It's finally here! I was waiting for you to post this :D

How much is the weight? Do you have a video of it in action?

Camaro95

2/4/11
What are the flaws?

by the way. LOOKS AMAZING! Was considering the gen not too long ago.

Grand Sport

3/8/11
The flaws are:

TAG is more defined on the gen; has a sharp arrow-pointed G. The rep's G is smoother.

The 'caliper' in the center of the face has 'bladed' edges. On the gen they are perfectly cut. On the rep I can see that at the top edge, there is VERY SLIGHT waviness.

The rotating scale section for the chronograph has a somewhat imperfect mark to the left of the red 0 indicator.

That is it. They are flaws you'd have to know your shit to look for, and two of them could be factory defects if it were a gen (although from what I hear there's no such thing as a tag factory defect.)

I'll post videos soon. I definitely recommend this watch - I can already tell that I'll be getting compliments on a regular basis. It is killer.

thisismynick

27/12/10
Congrats on a verrry nice watch! Wear it well! :)

Couple questions though, 'cause I have the PVD version (with the bloody missing "200" on the bezel":facepalm: )

- How smooth is your linear second running?

- What's the sweep of the central chrono second hand like?

- Does yours change date at around midnight, or significantly earlier (let's say at around 8 pm)?

Cheers

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
Wear it well, it's a beauty. I have the same piece and it gets a lot of wrist time even with over 30 other very nice watches.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Amazing watch
I have it on rubber strap, but i'm going to change to bracelet asap!!

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Wicked watch. I have had my eye on one for a while. How much does Puretime charge?

Grand Sport

3/8/11
Thanks everyone for the good comments. :) I'm officially hooked on RWI... next I'm looking to get a Planet Ocean and a Chrono Diver.

22258000-20-410x500.png
omega_1.jpg

Grand Sport

3/8/11
Okay, update:

I've been loving the watch so far. Gotten many compliments.

Well, today was the second time I used the chronograph. Bad mistake. I couldn't stop it. It eventually did stop, a few minutes later, but I can't return the hand to the set point. Additionally, it is no longer ticking, it doesn't wind anymore, and... basically it's stopped working altogether, and after only a few days of use.

I've contacted Nikkita at Puretimewatch to see what we can do about this. If any of you are planning to buy this watch, do yourself a favor and don't use the chronograph more than once.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Sorry to hear about that.
I normally recommend that, when buying a watch running the A7750 movement in ANY configuration, you run the chrono exactly nonce. None. Nada. Never.
I hope this gets worked out for you.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Okay, update:

Well, today was the second time I used the chronograph. Bad mistake. I couldn't stop it. It eventually did stop, a few minutes later, but I can't return the hand to the set point. Additionally, it is no longer ticking, it doesn't wind anymore, and... basically it's stopped working altogether, and after only a few days of use.

I've contacted Nikkita at Puretimewatch to see what we can do about this. If any of you are planning to buy this watch, do yourself a favor and don't use the chronograph more than once.

I have had the same problem with mine!!
I think that levelman are right!!

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Okay, update:

Check our trusted watchsmiths section. I never bother with sending a watch back to China, it just too much of a hassle and can be months before you resolve it. So I send them to one of our guys and have them do a tear down. That said, you might have messed it up good, and China might be the only option you have.

Pity, this happens from time to time. Good luck and don't lose faith in the hobby!

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
My Calibre 36 also broke within a week :( seems like its a common problem. Funny thing is, I only used the chrono once and the watch stopped running while it wasn't being used. I took the watch to my watchsmith and he said that the setting lever (or something) broke because they used the wrong lever for this movement..

What did you end up doing with your watch? did you repair it or get a replacement?

Grand Sport

3/8/11
I tried bringing it to two watchsmiths. The first didn't even want to touch it, they wanted to 'send it out' and they weren't sure what it would cost. The second one told me it would be 'way more than a few hundred dollars' to fix it. Not really a viable option considering what I paid.

I'm in contact with PureTime now and I'm trying to negotiate. What I'd like to do is buy another watch (Omega PO) and for giving them all this business, I'm asking them to replace the Tag for me instead of repair it. Like Bomba said, it'd take months for it to be sent back to the 'factory' and what not.

I'll keep you posted.

By the way I only used the chrono twice, so I understand your sentiment, GSB5. If I'm able to get this resolved I'll never use the chrono again :lol: I'll count in my goddamned head

sricenbaw

Known Member
23/11/09
Awesome.. been looking for one of these.. also looking for a c6.. would like to see more pictures of both