• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAF 16610, New 5 Digit Factory

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
Swapping a VR3135 and datewheel shouldn't be too difficult, think I might go that route instead!

Reactions: KJ2020

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
Wow the lugs are quite off.
Also compared to the closeup photo from steve's website

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
On RAF there is a gap between insert and bezel; especially visible around the 12 hrs. position. Not sure if the insert is an gen like press fit like on my ARF.
Yep it looks that way. Need to see in person tho could be bad lighting. But yes if it's a gap it's pretty bad. I hope the insert is press fit like the gen so it can be swapped, but if there is a gap, i doubt.

GIG

9/9/22
Im seeing the gap now too. Im hoping its just bad lighting..... :unsure:

GIG

9/9/22
On the positive side of things the Pip and pearl look better :ROFLMAO:

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
Im seeing the gap now too. Im hoping its just bad lighting..... :unsure:
It might be, the white triangle at 12 looks like it's reflecting. I hope so too I ordered one. I really love the 16610LV and I wanted a good one. TC is impossible to get, hence I think this is the next best choice.

Reactions: AG91

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
On the positive side of things the Pip and pearl look better :ROFLMAO:
Yes the pip looks nice and somehow it looks like they almost perfectly copied the numerals of the LN bezel I have and used those on the LV bezel :ROFLMAO:

GIG

9/9/22
It might be, the white triangle at 12 looks like it's reflecting. I hope so too I ordered one. I really love the 16610LV and I wanted a good one. TC is impossible to get, hence I think this is the next best choice.

I wondering if the actual bezel is a fraction of a mm too tall and casting a shadow or is it a gap?

Look at 20 minute mark on bezel. Dust or damage?

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
It looks like it's casting a shadow and it's not a gap. Look at it between 15 and 20. No shadow and the green go straight to the edege.

Those marks around 20 looks like dirt on the edge of the bezel to me. but it's hard to tell. I doubt it's damage tho knowing Steve.

Reactions: GIG

GIG

9/9/22
It looks like it's casting a shadow and it's not a gap. Look at it between 15 and 20. No shadow and the green go straight to the edege.

Those marks around 20 looks like dirt on the edge of the bezel to me. but it's hard to tell. I doubt it's damage tho knowing Steve.

I'm excited to get it in hand and have a closer look. I will definitely be posting plenty pictures for everyone

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
Same here, bummer for those lugs tbh. I wonder if there is a mod that can be done? not sure if it's te lugs too short or the sel too big. I will take measurements side by side for sure with the gen as soon as I get mine. I'm still waiting for my QC

Reactions: GIG

GIG

9/9/22
I feel like lugs will be good if thinned a little. To me it looks the same as ARF but the chamfers do look a bit thick.

I also plan on shaving a little behind the crown at some point and/or a 703 crown.

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
yeah, the crown I'm already looking for it. while thinning the case looks like a big deal

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I'm watching Home Alone with my kids but I didn't want to keep you boys waiting. I'm stoked on it.

CGs look pretty good to me, maybe a tad stumpy but well within acceptability for me. Lugs are a tad fat, but leave room to work. Hands look nice, the picture is distorting them as they look normal in video.

SH movement?

I'd say it looks great 👍 I'd be super stoked about this LV myself personally. The bezel looks good that gap we're seeing is what I believe to be the measure of recess and/or the bezel insert fitted deeper into the bezel ring then usual, (my liking & preference) as it looks esthetically pleasing to my eyes.

The crown guards aren't as stubby as the previous ARF model so that's a huge + I'd go with what your planning dropping in the VR movement for reliability and the date wheel comes with fixes that issue should be good to go! Enjoy this LV!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I wouldn’t worry about the lugs too much, a QC photo and some dealer pics will be taken from about 18” with a smartphone which will distort them - especially towards the end - because of the way they curve away from the lens. Official / properly shot watches will be shot with a larger lens from at least 3’ to avoid this distortion.

Last edited:

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
I wouldn’t worry about the lugs too much, a QC photo and some dealer pics will be taken from about 18” with a smartphone which will distort them - especially towards the end - because of the way they curve away from the lens. Official / properly shot watches will be shot with a larger lens from at least 3’ to avoid this distortion.
I hope you are right :) I took the photo of the hen in the comparison above with my phone about 20cm away. The lugs looks longer in the gen that go beyond the end of the sel. And thinner.

I hope you are right because I ordered it and I also ordered a VS3135 to put in .

So looking forward to this watch. It’s my favorite of all time

Reactions: APjumbo and AG91

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Yes, exactly 💯%