• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAF 16610, New 5 Digit Factory

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
Wrong, prove your claim. 16610 anniversary is the LV model. No LN model had a maxi dial at that time. If you saw one, it was a LV that someone put a black bezel insert on.
I have an 04 gen. Small dial small hands.

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
That would be an LN with standard dial NOT maxi dial
I personally never came across an LN with maxi dial.
Scrolled quickly on Google and rolex forum too. No mention of an official 16610LN with maxi dial whatsoever.
Few users over there tryed to swap bezel insert on an 16610LV. But from what I read it seams that, as said before, there never was an official rolex 16610LN maxi dial.

Which if confirmed as I believe, makes the RAF 16610LV just wrong. And it’s funny. If this are bin parts I wonder why there was such a shortage of 16610LV dials from AR for so long.

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91 and GIG

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
I personally never came across an LN with maxi dial.
Scrolled quickly on Google and rolex forum too. No mention of an official 16610LN with maxi dial whatsoever.
Few users over there tryed to swap bezel insert on an 16610LV. But from what I read it seams that, as said before, there never was an official rolex 16610LN maxi dial.

Which if confirmed as I believe, makes the RAF 16610LV just wrong. And it’s funny. If this are bin parts I wonder why there was such a shortage of 16610LV dials from AR for so long.
Any how. On an additional note, if the watch on the TD website is actually the rep they sell, the dial is clearly copied from the mark 3 16610LV.
2 Noticeable aspects:
- oval O in rolex
- r in oyster fall between the two legs of the rolex R

Insert green is probably closer to the mark 3 two
Also the 4 (tho the numbers on the insert aren’t that good)

If anyone has an ARF to show it would be nice to compare.

Edit:
I never had on hand an ARF or JF. So I’m basing the following exclusively on online photos of both. The dial looks like closer to the JF by looking at the position of the R in oyster. Just my two cents. Looking forward to see some real QC photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ARF probably renamed itself, they've been quite scarce recently due to raids. Too many similarities to not be the same sources and makers.

Reactions: cassapanca

GIG

9/9/22
I'm watching Home Alone with my kids but I didn't want to keep you boys waiting. I'm stoked on it.

CGs look pretty good to me, maybe a tad stumpy but well within acceptability for me. Lugs are a tad fat, but leave room to work. Hands look nice, the picture is distorting them as they look normal in video.

SH movement?

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
Quite nice! I though the bezel to look a bit more military green.
Steve's lights in that room somehow throw all the color off.

But am I wrong and my eyes very bad or something is very off with the minutes hand?

Edit:
The hands in general.

Last edited:

GIG

9/9/22
False alarm. I downloaded the photo it was a reflection 😂

My heart dropped at first too. :ROFLMAO:

It's the lighting in the room. I posted that picture because it was the only forward facing and the other pictures have the same distortion. But they look very nice in the video!

Saggiolus

Known Member
14/9/22
My heart dropped at first too. :ROFLMAO:

It's the lighting in the room. I posted that picture because it was the only forward facing and the other pictures have the same distortion. But they look very nice in the video!
Amazing. Honestly I was so excited by the photos that I didn't read your message. I'm sorry 🙈

Reactions: GIG

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks pretty decent overall. I still think it's a later version ARF, but the case is different. Noticeably the lugs are slightly shorter, and have more chamfer. The ARF lugs compare more favorably to gen, though both are wider than gen.

zFdsR3.jpg

zFd45E.jpg

zFdMBn.jpg

The SH datewheel continues to disappoint, but the movement should last longer than the SA if you decide to live with it.

zFdDP2.jpg

zFdHEs.jpg