• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAF 16610, New 5 Digit Factory

GIG

9/9/22
I placed an order for a 16610lv and I inquired about buying additional cases. I'll keep everyone posted on progress with my order and qc pictures.

I'm just hoping there is stock available and that this isn't some sort of mistake 😬 🤣

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I'll be happy if it's just an ARF re-release at this point. I can't get too picky when it comes to a 16610LN. Swap in a VR3135 and it's pretty much good to go, except for the clasp issue.

I think I'll wait until someone has one or gets QC before I buy one.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does anyone know how good a Ruby 16610 case is?

Those CGs look terrible - way too thick. Lugs look decent, drilled is a plus if you like that look. Bezel teeth widths are quite noticeably inconsistent.

zv484P.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'll be happy if it's just an ARF re-release at this point. I can't get too picky when it comes to a 16610LN. Swap in a VR3135 and it's pretty much good to go, except for the clasp issue.

I think I'll wait until someone has one or gets QC before I buy one.
Don't forget the LN is showing a maxi dial and minute hand, d'oh. Hopefully they'll figure that out and correct it.

zuJd0p.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Is there anything different between this RAF and ARF, I’m thinking it’s just a re-release and a typo.

Reactions: KJ2020

GIG

9/9/22
Is there anything different between this RAF and ARF, I’m thinking it’s just a re-release and a typo.

The bezel insert seems to have a color closer to gen then the ARF. But that could just be pictures.

I ordered a LV and I'm interested to see the case shape in hand.

The TD I am dealing with states this in NOT an ARF release. But clearly at least some ARF bits are being used. For example: the bracelet with off center logo.

Honestly I'm just stoked I don't have to keep refreshing the M2M for an ARF 16610 and that I didn't already drop the coin on a Renault or Ruby case.

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
The bezel insert seems to have a color closer to gen then the ARF. But that could just be pictures.

The TD I am dealing with states this in NOT an ARF release. But clearly at least some ARF bits are being used. For example: the bracelet with off center logo.

Honestly I'm just stoked I don't have to keep refreshing the M2M for an ARF 16610 and that I didn't already drop the coin on a Renault or Ruby case.
Would appreciate any QCs on this. Heavily considering getting it also.

oldtools

14/6/11
Those CGs look terrible - way too thick. Lugs look decent, drilled is a plus if you like that look. Bezel teeth widths are quite noticeably inconsistent.
Thanks Kj, I didn't even notice the bezel teeth. I am looking to build an early 16610 with lug holes, so was hoping this one might work. I thought I could fix the crown guards. Does anyone make a good bezel assembly that fits a gen insert?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

There are different insert colors for the LV plus with fading and aging you can get away with pretty much anything.

zvbwmY.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks Kj, I didn't even notice the bezel teeth. I am looking to build an early 16610 with lug holes, so was hoping this one might work. I thought I could fix the crown guards. Does anyone make a good bezel assembly that fits a gen insert?
Startime and WSO both sell respectable 16610/16710 bezels (both gens are identical) but what you get from either vendor can vary by batch just like with reps.

I have a WSO one that is better than the latest batch of Startime's in terms of teeth and scallop shape, and less steep tooth angle. It had to be shaved on the bottom inside perimeter to fit it's own retaining ring.

A recent Startime one had a slightly too wide bezel lip so a gen insert would not fit. Not wanting to shave the gen insert I shaved the bezel lip back a little around the inner perimeter. The current batch ST tooth angle is also steeper down than gen. It will do with some tweaking, most ppl would probably choose to shave the gen insert. We cut feet off gen dials sometimes after all.

Both tasks were a bit tedious but you do what you gotta do.

ST on top of gen
zdAfSb.jpg

zdARPi.jpg

Shaving ST bezel lip
zdAkeK.jpg

zdAwrv.jpg

Last edited:

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Don't forget the LN is showing a maxi dial and minute hand, d'oh. Hopefully they'll figure that out and correct it.

zuJd0p.jpg
Yeah I'm keeping that in mind, hopefully Puretime is using pre-production photos(or a factory 2nd) as they've used in the past.

I'll probably buy it even if the LNs have Maxi dial and hands. A BP or gen dial would be a great swap, along with a good set of hands. My 126610LN has made me realize that the 5 digit sub is probably the best for me, and choices for a no holes 16610 are slim, so flaws won't bother too much at this point.

....if only VSF or Clean would make a 5 digit Submariner

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm getting no bites on just the case. It's a bummer because I don't want to pay for that movement, insert, dial, and bracelet
Slight chance you might do better asking for the "case set", which includes the bracelet. Times may have changed but that was a thing in years past, I've bought several. Bracelet would be an easy flip, might even be of use to you.