• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Look: TAG Tiger Woods

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
R2D4 said:
Look here Beeoch, I asked if you played golf and it's clear that you do not. Any golfer worth a Shiet has a handicap in the double digits. I bet you can only score in the 70's where I on the other hand am clearly superior with scores in the mid-90's. You sir are no golfer! :D

When I played the first time under 100 I thought I can play Golf :D :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Guru,

I have played since I was 10 years old off and on until....well when I cannot walk anymore. :wink: I am 40 going on 41 and now shoot in the lower 90's consistently. My problem is I have way too much fun playing golf. I do have a hole in hole and many memorable eagles but I cant stay consistent. I blame my kids! Yeah that's right, my children. If they didn't play traveling baseball and fastpitch I would be able to compete with Cybee. KIDS, gotta love em, pass the beer nuts.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
guru said:
Hi Cybee, that is really good, I played an 82 yesterday which was good for me. Never played a 76.
I guess if you play 82 you are pissed :D :D :D My goal is to be a single HC this year.

Hi guru..Maybe I can come to Germany and we can play some golf one day. An 82 is actually a good score. A lot depends on the course difficulty and the rating of the golf course. The course I usually play on is about 6800 yards long from the men's tees. Some of my friends always play from the back tees but they are really long hitters but I would rather play from the men's tees all the time if I can. :D

I started playing golf at about age 8. I had some tuna cans in the backyard when I was growing up and we would practice our putting in the tuna cans all day long. I think you will shoot in the 70's one of these days. Just figure out what part of your game needs the most work and then practice. :D Since I am not a long hitter my scoring is focused on the short game and putting. I try to play the golf course from about 150 yards in focusing more on a good short game rather than bombing every drive...

It's nice to know we have some golfers here. Maybe we need a permanent golf thread. :D

Guru: I would love to see where you play in Germany..I bet it is very scenic but you probably get snow in the winter. In California we can play all year.

It sounds like R2 wants a challenge match with us :lol:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
cybee said:
Guru: I would love to see where you play in Germany..I bet it is very scenic but you probably get snow in the winter. In California we can play all year.

It sounds like R2 wants a challenge match with us :lol:

Now your pissing me off, no wonder why your so good. The snow is still melting at my house today. I had a tee time for April 4th but my daughter has a parents day at the university and I can't miss that. No worries though, I will play and anyone who wants to experience Minnesota is more than welcome to join me on the tour. :wink: Cybee, I would love to hit the links with you on my next trip. Guru, no plans for me to go to Germany yet but I would like that too.

Cheers!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
R2D4,

I am playing now 4 years, started the first time when I was on a business trip in Raleigh. Problem, I was already 51, too old. I got hucked on it and I normally play a min of 3 x 18 holes during the week. 2 years ago I played 48 tournaments during 1 year. My HC went down from 28 to 18. Now I am at 12 and it is getting more and more difficult. Wish I would have started with 10 like you. Can't believe this young kids with 16 which have a drive of 260 + yards. Never played an eagle or a hole in one. I normally play around 85 but 2 weeks ago I played 106. Don't know what happened, came home and my day was done :x :x :x

Cybee

I am a member here: http://www.golf-bondorf.de/
here a link of the 27 holes: http://www.golf-bondorf.de/27-loch-anlage.html

The course is about 6300 yards, and yes, I am also no long hitter.
The course is very nice and we can play in the Wintertime when we do not have snow.
The nice part of this is that you become a long hitter when the ground is frozen. And also, some of the PAR 5 you can tee off on the Woman tee's during Winter time. This is the only way for me to get to the green with 2 strokes on a PAR 5. I also do my points on the green with putting. Sometimes I go out and just practise puttting for 2 hours or so. It really helps.

Yes, I am in for a golf threat and when you have the opportunity to come to Germany we will go.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
R2D4 said:
[
I will play and anyone who wants to experience Minnesota is more than welcome to join me on the tour. :wink: Cybee, I would love to hit the links with you on my next trip. Guru, no plans for me to go to Germany yet but I would like that too.

Cheers!

Sounds we need an RWI golf outing. I would love to travel to Minnesota and play a round but the snow will have to thaw first. :lol: One place I have always wanted to play is Whistling Straights golf course but it is in Wisconsin. That looks like a great course.

I really need to get out more since I hardly ever leave California...but we did get to Canada a couple years ago and played golf in Banff, Alberta...WOW what a pretty course. Check out a few vacation pics and check out the hotel we stayed at in the background. Awesome!

Now look what you started R2..I am getting all excited now :roll:

I hope D4Me doesnt mind us stealing his thread. :D

CanadaTrip2007208Medium.jpg

CanadaTrip2007211Medium.jpg

CanadaTrip2007220Medium.jpg

CanadaTrip2007222Medium.jpg

anyone else got some golf pics :lol:

TAGfan

26/1/09
Did someone say golf outing? Count me in.

I have played since high school, so I should be pretty good. However, I have to agree with R2D4 in that kids ruin a good golf game. Consistency is a fickle mistress when it comes to golf - especially if you are hurting from getting up to feed the twins at 3am.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
OOPS I just missed your post Guru..That looks like a very nice club where you play and for only playing 4 years you are shooting good scores. Once your handicap gets lower then a lot of the improving is in the mental area. Having confidence is a big part of playing good golf. :D

Hello TAGfan..Looks like we have a foursome now. :D

TAGfan

26/1/09
cybee said:
OOPS I just missed your post Guru..That looks like a very nice club where you play and for only playing 4 years you are shooting good scores. Once your handicap gets lower then a lot of the improving is in the mental area. Having confidence is a big part of playing good golf. :D

Hello TAGfan..Looks like we have a foursome now. :D

Hey there -- I agree Cybee, that is a nice looking course.

I have always wanted to play Banff. That is, I have always wanted to play it in real life....the video games just don't do it justice I'm sure.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
@ Cybee...the PAR3 downhill, 180 yards? That looks really nice, I love it.

I do not have so many nice pics but let me show what I have....

Mens Golf every Wednesday at the laf way house: Me in the middle

IMG_1149.jpg

and when I am out with my friends:

IMG_1114.jpg

me in the corner

IMG_1139.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
guru said:
@ Cybee...the PAR3 downhill, 180 yards? That looks really nice, I love it.

Guru that is pretty good. Your yardage is correct and that is about a 7 wood for me.

Those are some terrific pics there and it looks like Wednesday is the day to be there. Great looking assortment of food and friendship too. Very nice.

@TAGfan...yes if you ever get the chance to play in Banff you shoud do it.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I am old school when if comes to golf. We start on Saturday morning around 8AM. http://www.hiddengreensgolf.com/HolebyHoleTour/1.htm Then we will hit Ryan's Stein Haus for a burger some beer to count the damage. Minus the gambling you probably won't have to donate more than 50.00 for the experience. Weekdays are few dollars less. I like the really scenic courses too but I love a value. :D

Another route, we take a 40 minute ride to of all places "Gopher Hills" http://www.gopherhills.com/ and then hit a local farm bar which has over 50 types of hamburgers. A bit more expensive on the golf side but the food is priceless. A hamburger with a fried egg on it.. I mean come on, you cant find that everywhere. :wink:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I am old school when if comes to golf. We start on Saturday morning around 8AM. http://www.hiddengreensgolf.com/HolebyHoleTour/1.htm Then we will hit Ryan's Stein Haus for a burger some beer to count the damage. Minus the gambling you probably won't have to donate more than 50.00 for the experience. Weekdays are few dollars less. I like the really scenic courses too but I love a value. :D

Another route, we take a 40 minute ride to of all places "Gopher Hills" http://www.gopherhills.com/ and then hit a local farm bar which has over 50 types of hamburgers. A bit more expensive on the golf side but the food is priceless. A hamburger with a fried egg on it.. I mean come on, you cant find that everywhere. :wink:

pophott

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/09
I started playing at the young age of 59. I live in a golf course community. We have an Arthur Hill designed course. I played 100 rounds last year...making up for all the years I did not play. My HCP is 21 and ain't going to get any better. Love the game and the friends I made.
Rep collecting is "cheap" compared to all the golf "stuff" I have bought over the last years! Also the Reps are more fun.
I am on a golf forum and similar to this one the people are great. Where else can you dev0olp on line friendships with folks all over the world.
Oh...as you can tell from number of rounds played I am retired.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
R2 those courses look real nice and the rates are very reasonable. Now what are we all doing sitting on the computer?? We should be out there playing, except it's Monday and the guys I play with usually play on Friday's.

Hello pophott..looks like all the golfers are coming out now. :D

pophott

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/09
Our course is open and I am looking at ther tee box of the eighth hole from my den window. Unfortunately too much sun and a three year adventure with several melanomas has slowed me down. But after the last surgery should be ready to go in about two weeks. All OF YOU PLEASE...USE SUNBLOCK!!!!!
Do I sound like a guy who knows!!!!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
@ cybee, looks like we have the same lenght, I also have a 7 wood in my bag for this distance.
A friend of mine will use an iron 6.
By the way, I really like the wood 7, easy to play, but not many people have one!

@ Pop, starting with 59 is not bad. I wish I could retire soon and then I play Golf every day!
working now 35 years for big blue, time to play Golf

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Pop , I did not understand all what you said but my wife ( CA girl ) translated!
I will take your advise, will do from now on. I always have a sun burned nose
in the spring, sometimes also in the summer.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
guru said:
@ cybee, looks like we have the same lenght, I also have a 7 wood in my bag for this distance.

Yes the 7 wood is a great club and much easier to get the ball up in the air for me than a 3 or 4 iron. I am even thinking of maybe buying a 9 wood too. I have a set of Hogan irons, an Oddessy putter, and my driver is a little longer length than normal, it is about 47 inches long.

@Pophott: you are right about the sunblock unfortunately I have not used much of it over the years..I guess I should start before it's too late. Nobody wants to get skin cancer.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I have a 7 wood as well. Sun block for me. Baseball takes it's toll! I hate getting burned anyway. Good advice Pop.