• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime's Mechanics Within the Replica Watch Industry - V1.1 - UPDATED!

dams9

Horology Curious
5/9/12
Awesome

Freaking Awesome post dude! All new members of this forum should be required to read it before joining!

Please have your site up sooon..... I miss it!

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
Thank you!

Great post Angus. i just placed an order for the Hublot SS 48mm Unico & can't wait. Your website, videos, and pictures are ALL outstanding. Thank you for posting this, especially for the noobs, ( like ME ).

hidefguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/13
Just read and thank you for this informative post. Purchased a 359 from you and your email now makes sense when you said "we will order the watch for you". I thought you had stock on hand. Now patiently waiting for my watch to arrive.

TV1

Known Member
9/8/11
It's an amazing industry if you think of it and 'you' (both sellers, makers and buyers) have to get over quit a few hurdles but once you have that one super rep in your hands (or better yet, around your wrist) it is so worth it. The only thing I can't get my head around (still) is the emotional value attached to a gen versus a rep. I have both and obviously the price tag is what may get you more attached to the real thing, but also its history, the original design, knowing its real, etc. Than again, if you like watches as all of us here do, and simply can't afford buying gens all the time, this trade remains a great opportunity for many and certainly a a great way to test a (new) model before considering the gen...

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Thank you Angus for taking the time to clarify this!!

You should also rest assured that most veterans here take the time to re-iterate this information to nervous noobs, and that actually, if they spent some time reading instead of immediately whining, they can pretty much collate and synthesise all this info and build a pretty solid picture of the rep industry, which you have just so exhaustively described.

However it is great that you have done that for us. This is a really insightful post!

So interesting to know about factories info as well, but please do be careful what information you divulge.

Last thing we want is more factory crackdowns and less watches availability!!! :)

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Great read. Like a couple others have said, being new here and seeing this was a nice way to shed some light on all the processes of making and selling reps.

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
This is a must read post. Thank you.

I want to see the vault/Safe of all the GENS purchased over the years! :thinking: Yes I am sure they are sold as soon as they are through with them. Could you imagine the expensive if every piece was kept :wideeyed: