• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime's Mechanics Within the Replica Watch Industry - PART 2! - Qs Answered & Why

xpuser

Horology Curious
29/3/14
Just read this and the V1.1 thread. Very interesting. Would recommend all noobs like myself to read this thread.

colinspell

Known Member
23/12/13
So let me get this straight. You TDs or the Maker buy an actual Hublot, Rolex, Breitling and break it apart, rep each component and then manufacture it. :O Angus, can you explain how the watch is damaged and can't be sold to recoup the value?

D

d4m.test

Thanks Angus, very informative and good read, touching lots of interesting topics. Helps understanding things better. Very well done.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank god, my mandarin is limited to "how much for a beer /how much for a curry & how much for a good time" lol

LOL, well at least you know how to ask for two of the main things bro! ;)

Angus,
thank you for the info. Very informative!
:)

Welcome bro, pleasure!

Thank you Angus

Welcome bro, anytime! :)

Sent from my iPhone

cant wait for part 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i am thinking about a part 3, need to find out what to put in it :)

also good to see yu bac angus

Ah i am never gone bro, just sometimes in the shadows hehe :)

maybe next you can talk about websites getting shut down abd court orders that we all have see on closed sites

Yes okie, i can write about this, good idea!

Thanks for bring in some light in the dark ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

You're welcome bro, i think a better understanding of things allows everyone to be more happy :)

I've been looking for a thread to make my 1000th post today, and so glad I found this one. Welcome back angus. I have to say this is the best, most informative post from a TD that I have seen. Thank you for taking the time to explain all this. Your english is very good, Glad to have you here as a TD, and I'm just counting down the days til my first order with you. Should be very soon.

Wow thank you for choosing my post man, i am indeed honored! Looking forward to doing business with you, and congrats on 1000+ posts! :D

Another great post Angus, very informative and interesting, especially the part about simple watches!

Thank you man, glad you liked it and glad you found it informative! :)

It's good to know that kids are hopefully at school and not crammed in a room putting our watches together.appreciate this info angus.

Yes indeed, no worries about that bro, your mind can be at rest about that. :)

Thanks for detail my frend Angus ciao

Welcome bro :)

Thank you Angus, even Robert would have been proud of such a concise yet simple explanation of the facts.

Thank you dude, that is the nicest thing anyone could have said about this post, and it is my sincerest pleasure, as always :)

great and very interesting read
thanks for taking time to share that!

You're welcome and my pleasure man, thanks for reading! :)

Thanks Angus for this insights. Very interesting and highly appreciated!

Thank you also, and you're welcome ^_^

Thanks for illuminating is with your insight on the industry.Take care!

Anytime man, you're welcome and my pleasure :)

Really Glad you posted this. I was really curious what its like over there for you TD's

Glad you liked it bro, curiosity solved, well maybe mostly solved, hehe :)

Always nice to get more insight in the industry!

Indeed, i will try do a part 3 soon also for you guys :)

Good stuff, A.

Thanks man :)

Thank you good read A+

Thanks man :)

Just read this and the V1.1 thread. Very interesting. Would recommend all noons like myself read this thread.

Yes essential reading for everyone i think :)

So let me get this straight. You TDs or the Maker buy an actual Hublot, Rolex, Breitling and break it apart, rep each component and then manufacture it. :O Angus, can you explain how the watch is damaged and can't be sold to recoup the value?

I will try write about this in part 3 bro, but yes what you say and what i wrote is true, gen watch largely destroyed in the replication process :/

Thanks Angus, very informative and good read, touching lots of interesting topics. Helps understanding things better. Very well done.

Thanks a lot man, appreciated! :)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
You da MAN!

Awesome post Angus .... thanks for taking the time to do so ... I really appreciate it!! :woot:

Richard0123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/14
appreciate what you have done for us. very informative, cheers. all the best

Mkovacs13

8/7/13
First post, and months late but, great explanation about a process we're all fascinated with

king721

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/11/14
Ordered a HuBlot from PT a few weeks ago . looking forward to getting this beauty, Also looking to get a Gen Chornomat from Costco. (Lifetime warranty)

pearl

29/4/13
I know it's old but very informative read.

I've been a member here a couple of years. After a lot of reading. I finally pulled the trigger and placed an order here. As a new guy I may have needed a bit more hand holding. It was graciously provided. Frantically awaiting my first!

SolidHQX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/15
Thank you that was very informational and an interesting read.

A lot of watches on your website are labeled as "Best edition". Can you explain what this means? Obviously I understand what "Best edition" means litterally but sometimes I see several watches of the same type with different manufacturers and they are all labeled "Best edition".

bluespider

Looking Around
17/4/15
Great. Very informative. And that information does make better (inside) business sense

den4c

Horology Curious
3/7/15
I'm a newbie here on the forum and have been intrigued by the information provided in many of the posts. After ready much about the rep industry and about the TD's , and finding Angus' informative post I thought this would be a fun, enjoyable group to join. Thank you to all in guiding this newbie into a new world. The overwhelming confidence and character shown towards TD's and especially Angus and Puretime has allowed me with the greatest confidence to begin this hobby and purchase a Hublot from Puretime.
Thanks to all for your insightful information.
Regards,
Joe ,
New York City