• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

police raid in china

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
This is why you grab what you can, while you can.
grab GIF

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Not the news I wanted to see today. I've put in 2 separate orders with my dealer (one pre-CNY and one just 2 days ago) containing a mix of Clean Daytonas I wanted to add to my collection (due to the big discounts on offer) and BTF Daytonas for builds lined up. Fingers crossed they aren't affected 😬
hate to be the bearer of bad news but.. (well, worse news)

were you sent QC pics already?

if not.. then fear the worst

if yes, you're fine :)

Reactions: Dave2302

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
A rep factory got raided, in China, which it calls "Monday". They do it all the time.

Short-term delay, maybe. But then I don't think this affects the long term. One factory died, and they established another three. They have raided those fake LV Gucci factories for the last 3 decades, do we ever fall short of those?

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
A rep factory got raided, in China, which it calls "Monday". They do it all the time.

Short-term delay, maybe. But then I don't think this affects the long term. One factory died, and they established another three. They have raided those fake LV Gucci factories for the last 3 decades, do we ever fall short of those?
And yes, it's the so-called "Two Sessions" in progress right now, NPC is in session, and they raid everything every time when they are in session, same time every year. Check the thread same time last year, some factories got raided too.

DJTony82

House Music All Night Loooong!
Certified
24/5/21
EU
@CTime not online on WhatsApp today they should have sent new qc instead the surprise, what will happen now?

• Wow
Reactions: tomriddle

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I will await word from in the know members and dealers about what factories will be operational again and when it’s clear to order

SubNot

Supporter
Certified
17/5/19
EU
I hope so! I’ve placed an order with InTime before CNY and haven’t received QC images yet 🥲

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
@CTime not online on WhatsApp today they should have sent new qc instead the surprise, what will happen now?

Clean didn’t get raided.

I know it is hard, but i would like to remind you guys about a few things:

- This is a open forum for all, everyone can read what you post
- 90% of the cases when "a guy in china told you...." its bullshit when he talks about local stuff including how close he works with the factorys.
- 90% of the "THESE ARE THE BIGGEST RAIDS IN HISTORY" is simply turning out into "Tony Noob has lost his Rep while he was laying around drunk on a sidewalk"
- I got a "90%" fetish

Seriously now, just all calm down. You wont lose money, you will get QC, it may be that you have to wait a few days or even weeks longer, but factorys and dealers just have the interest of surviving and making money, so they are undercover as long needed. We should trust them, stay calm, forget about your order, and be happy when the QCs come in and remind you of it.

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07

well.. they said CTime's been ill

or in jail

or laying low

either way.. good luck to you and us all :eek:

my personal advice..? be still your heart.. time reveals all things.. under the shiney moon, things become clear.. as crystal

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I was going to place an order next week but I am patient and will just continue to gather info on this for the time being

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
There are raids but it’s not always our beloved factories that get hit :). Sometimes it is just warehouses where other sellers stock a bunch of watches. Clean is fine.

I know it is hard, but i would like to remind you guys about a few things:

- This is a open forum for all, everyone can read what you post
- 90% of the cases when "a guy in china told you...." its bullshit when he talks about local stuff including how close he works with the factorys.
- 90% of the "THESE ARE THE BIGGEST RAIDS IN HISTORY" is simply turning out into "Tony Noob has lost his Rep while he was laying around drunk on a sidewalk"
- I got a "90%" fetish

Seriously now, just all calm down. You wont lose money, you will get QC, it may be that you have to wait a few days or even weeks longer, but factorys and dealers just have the interest of surviving and making money, so they are undercover as long needed. We should trust them, stay calm, forget about your order, and be happy when the QCs come in and remind you of it.

And I agree.