• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Bronze 45mm XF 1:1 Best Edition on Brown Asso Strap A2892

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Looks very very nice indeed.
I saw XF also did the two tone california. I wanted that one sometime ago but was sold out. (V6f if not mistaking? ) I'm thinking to pull the trigger.

Would you guys say it's a super rep?

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Looks very very nice indeed.
I saw XF also did the two tone california. I wanted that one sometime ago but was sold out. (V6f if not mistaking? ) I'm thinking to pull the trigger.

Would you guys say it's a super rep?

Yes, this is a super REP. However the bronze case is a steel & bronze mix-not 100% bronze as per GEN.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Alright then.
That makes that the california is #1 on my wishlist for now.

doc_strange

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
Yes, this is a super REP. However the bronze case is a steel & bronze mix-not 100% bronze as per GEN.

Hey John, wanted t clarify, which watch case are u referring to being the steel/bronze mix? This XF Bronze extra special ? Because on TD sites it’s stated as full bronze case, so just wanted to clarify haha thanks!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hey John, wanted t clarify, which watch case are u referring to being the steel/bronze mix? This XF Bronze extra special ? Because on TD sites it’s stated as full bronze case, so just wanted to clarify haha thanks!

Hi Doc
GEN case is 100% bronze, XF is a bronze steel mix. It’s will not age same as GEN. It will look new for years.

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
Yes, I didn't know it would "patina" whatever the right word is but it's now much better than new!

tphan

4/10/15
great looking watch. Does the dial and hands seem more green then the gen? I'm comparing pictures with the gen and some gen pics show the dial green and others look white. Can't tell

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK

I think the dial is pretty spot on. You can see in pic above it has different shades in different lights. However, the numerals are more green/lumed than gen from what I can tell hovering my watch outside the shop window of the AD ????

tphan

4/10/15

I think the dial is pretty spot on. You can see in pic above it has different shades in different lights. However, the numerals are more green/lumed than gen from what I can tell hovering my watch outside the shop window of the AD ????

thanks

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK

At the cost of all my singed wrist hair, pretty good lume on the bonfire !