• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Bronze 45mm XF 1:1 Best Edition on Brown Asso Strap A2892

sub05

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/15
I bought this one back in 2016 with the Miyota 9015 and it's still one of my favorites. I guess the 2824 makes a little less noise. Looking forward to see some real life pictures.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I bought this one back in 2016 with the Miyota 9015 and it's still one of my favorites. I guess the 2824 makes a little less noise. Looking forward to see some real life pictures.

It looks like the crown and strap have been upgraded since the previous release as well.

treadmark501

31/8/11
Australia
This is such a nice come back!

Been waiting for this!

I hope XF will bring back all the Pilot Type 20 in 40mm and 45mm models.

How can we request XF to bring them back?

Any ideas?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
This is such a nice come back!

Been waiting for this!

I hope XF will bring back all the Pilot Type 20 in 40mm and 45mm models.

How can we request XF to bring them back?

Any ideas?

Your trusted dealer will do this for you. There are several examples where the consumer have managed to get the factory attention with "this must be repped" Reach out to your TD and inquire. I agree, this new release looks very promising. A tad patina on the case and its good to go.

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
The face looks blue on the picture but text says black. On trusty it's black on picture. So assume it's a black face?

treadmark501

31/8/11
Australia
Your trusted dealer will do this for you. There are several examples where the consumer have managed to get the factory attention with "this must be repped" Reach out to your TD and inquire. I agree, this new release looks very promising. A tad patina on the case and its good to go.

I asked my TD to enquire with XF on if they are planning to bring back the Pilot Type 20 in 40mm and 45mm ranges but he said that in the past he tried asking the factories and they can’t give any info on future possible releases as they themselves don’t know what will be released.

Anymore suggestions?

The big numerals on these Type 20 just stands out and the simple dial design is so beautiful!!!

sub05

19/7/15
From the pictures on Puretime it looks like the crown has the same finish as the case, whereas the crown on mine (2016) is quite shiny compared to the rest of the watch. Almost the look of brass. Still a beautiful watch with a great dial. It's also the absolute "smallest" of my 45mm watches to,- mainly because of the lugs. Can't wait to see this one.

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
I've pulled the trigger as well. QCs in, I'll post wrist shots when in hand.

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

QCs look good however the strap is a tad too pale vs GEN. Approved.

treadmark501

31/8/11
Australia
Hi johnlogan & Jamie76

Are both your Pilot Type 20 Bronze from XF???

Did you guys notice that the numerical hour markers are different?

Jamie76 one has a black border around the numerals.

johnlogan don’t have any borders.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

johnlogan, your 6 & 10 hour markers are a bit crooked!

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
I think its the light. John's QCs have black borders if you zoom in. The ones on mine look pronounced as its in bright light and zoomed very close. Yup XF new release
Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Bronze 45mm XF

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Hi johnlogan & Jamie76

Are both your Pilot Type 20 Bronze from XF???

Did you guys notice that the numerical hour markers are different?

Jamie76 one has a black border around the numerals.

johnlogan don’t have any borders.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

johnlogan, your 6 & 10 hour markers are a bit crooked!

Indeed my 6 is a tad off but it might just be the angle.
Both are XF.
We also have different side case number numbers as well.