• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pilot Type 20 Extra Special Bronze 45mm XF 1:1 Best Edition on Brown Asso Strap A2892

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
Great looking watch, congrats! The dog is really cute but does not seem impressed :)

Noob question: are you putting the watch in the bag with the egg to get the aging? What is happening chemically there?

Reactions: johnlogan

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
Looking good. I think I'll leave mine as is for now. Went fully in on the Pam that now looks like an anchor!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Great looking watch, congrats! The dog is really cute but does not seem impressed :)

Noob question: are you putting the watch in the bag with the egg to get the aging? What is happening chemically there?

The hard bold egg produce fumes that reacts with the bronze and a patina start to emerge. You can mix in salt as well. Its a very gentle proses compared to ammonia / chlorine fumes that turnes the case very dark.

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
I really dig this vintage case design!

It is a great rep. Getting lots of wrist time in the rotation! Crystal on it is outstanding one of the best otb i've seen. Strap isn't too bad either, i typically replace but this one is staying as the quality is good (though a little light in colour but will darken). Compared to gen i'm guessing the loom colour is off looking at photos/hard to say (quite green in the day) but i need to go compare in a shop at some stage.