• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

People making their watches better looking than they are in the SALES AREA

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Looks like a franken actually... don't know if anybody got the colouring that good yet?!

Sent via Tapatalk

Sure it´s a franken(stein), I can see the nuts and bolts in the turd :facepalm:

Agree with the photo policy.
1 beauty shot could be in it´s place to "sell" the product.
But for the rest, full disclosure should be mandatory when listing a watch for sale.

...On the other hand, too good macro close-ups tend to show more then the naked eye can see.
Quite a few of my pic´s that I have posted I first shot with my 1000$ Canon macro only to revert to a "lesser" performer since it made a brand spanking never worn watch look like it´s been in a plane crash.

So with that in mind I think the lesson is not to complicate it like you said rsh, KISS= keep it simple and give a good description of the item should keep most people satisfied :)

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Agreed, super high resolution pics can make a nice watch appear undesirable....

I use some common sense in the pics...
I take pics that are 1024x768
I take pics in good lighting, no flash
I have a macro feature that I use
I take a frontal or two, then at the upper and lower lugs, than a side showing crown and the other side of the case, finally one of the clasp

I point out flaws specific to my watch, such as a chip in the crystal or bent clasp
I do not post flaws such as wokky rehaut, simply because that is clearly visible and the buyer can make up his own mind and some people dont care about such things

Threadcrapping is comments such as "wow, that is a wokky rehaut", "those crown guards are hideous" - these comments make it harder to sell the watch

I dont really see a problem with comment such as
is this $125 sub similar to the $45 timeshops special ? This will allow the watch to sell but not at the huge mark up

even this last example I have issues with. Fact of the matter is, with the exception of the ultimate noob, we all know how to use the forum and compare prices. We can decide if it is worth an extra $50 to get a watch in 2 days versus 3 weeks, and whether it makes sense for someone to paypal funds versus use some "secure credit card server" utiliized by bunch of guys selling illegal replica watches, not to mention customs sending you a letter when your watch gets randomly seized by customs

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Never buy from anyone using even slightly blurry pics. I don't give a shit about what the excuse is, bad camera, don't know how to use, mines broken had to use my cell, F that, if the pics are blurry or the seller doesn't show the entire watch then no sale.

Oh and if you comment on someones sales post only to complain about or question the price just move on and mind your own F'ing business.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Amen brother!

Never buy from anyone using even slightly blurry pics. I don't give a shit about what the excuse is, bad camera, don't know how to use, mines broken had to use my cell, F that, if the pics are blurry or the seller doesn't show the entire watch then no sale.

Oh and if you comment on someones sales post only to complain about or question the price just move on and mind your own F'ing business.

brlover

28/12/11
So I am doing this small post to remind people we are a fairly small community and that we should really be honest and straight forward in our listings. Sure we take glamor pics for the Eye Candy section, certain lighting, macros, etc however for sales, stick to decent lighting and straight forward pics. I had a member send me pics of a watch he received, it was a C & R and now that I see his pics, I can understand why it was a C & R in the first place. Looking back at the sales thread, it does not look so bad, Some shots were so close, they were blurry without using proper macro mode, some shots did not include an area of the watch with significant damage. Come on guys, lets keep it real

For example, looks tempting right

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

Guess what?? it is a POS ....literally

DSCN0004.jpg

1:1?

Bigjule111

Renowned Member
1/3/11
Nj
Nice rsh. Talkind about using smoking mirrors. All joking aside this is a small community and trust is everything. I feel fortunate to have found rwi. Eventhough I curse it at times, adds fuel to my Rollie addiction! But that's a story for another time. The knowledge that i have aquired by dealing with guys like rsh is priceless. So let's all do rite by our fellow members ! Cheers :)

scott335d

Renowned Member
9/1/12
So I am doing this small post to remind people we are a fairly small community and that we should really be honest and straight forward in our listings. Sure we take glamor pics for the Eye Candy section, certain lighting, macros, etc however for sales, stick to decent lighting and straight forward pics. I had a member send me pics of a watch he received, it was a C & R and now that I see his pics, I can understand why it was a C & R in the first place. Looking back at the sales thread, it does not look so bad, Some shots were so close, they were blurry without using proper macro mode, some shots did not include an area of the watch with significant damage. Come on guys, lets keep it real

For example, looks tempting right

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

Guess what?? it is a POS ....literally

DSCN0004.jpg

+1. I have seen a few sellers post pictures in the thread, and then email me higher res pictures that TOTALLY change the appearance, for the worse....

PS- Thanks RSH for consistently delivering as promised in all your FS threads!