• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super Badass DLC'd DSSD

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
How did you DLC the HEV? Just Curious. Thanks.

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
Wow... I am not a Rollie Fan, but that thing is bad ass. I would wear that for sure.

avitt

23/4/06
How did you DLC the HEV? Just Curious. Thanks.

I just removed the rubber gasket, replaced the valve, and coated it in the case. This is one of those "reverse valves", which would let water into the case...So I glued it in place once it was coated.

Sometimes I remove small parts (like valves, pushers, etc), and coat them separately. It all depends on whether or not they can be held securely during the process.

TWadeJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/09
This is my watch. Tony (Avitt) does amazing work. He was a pleasure to deal with. Ultimately I am going to get it lumed by Vac and get the crystal ARd. I also have a blood red YM second hand that I am considering putting on.

kimmysguy

Horology Curious
4/10/09
This is my watch. Tony (Avitt) does amazing work. He was a pleasure to deal with. Ultimately I am going to get it lumed by Vac and get the crystal ARd. I also have a blood red YM second hand that I am considering putting on.

one lucky guy, and avitt thats just the nuts man incredible:)

avitt

23/4/06

Likewise, TwadeJ! It was a pleasure working with you!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I just removed the rubber gasket, replaced the valve, and coated it in the case. This is one of those "reverse valves", which would let water into the case...So I glued it in place once it was coated.

Sometimes I remove small parts (like valves, pushers, etc), and coat them separately. It all depends on whether or not they can be held securely during the process.

Avitt, thanks for your response. I assume folks can send you the complete watch?

avitt

23/4/06
Avitt, thanks for your response. I assume folks can send you the complete watch?

It's a little cheaper if you send me only the parts to be coated. But I can take care of disassembly and reassembly, if needed.

With the DSSD, there's always the risk that I won't be able to get the back off, because the proper case back die is not yet available. (Luckily, this one was only on finger tight...)