• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Noob Factory 390 Just released [QC pics allowed]

slask111

26/7/08
Watch looks fine to me. QC= is it the correct watch? Is the dial present? Then OK.

Enjoy it :)

Perry

12/5/07
Hey.....I found this post in a gen watch forum concerning the gen 390 vs the gen Pam 411.........

Since you own both, what would you say are the biggest differences between the dials besides the pig and the gold hands.

They are both "dirty dials" right? with the ecru lume?

The dial on the 411 is black instead of brown and the numbers are almost engraved out of the dial whereas the 390 they are clearly printed on the surface. The blue AR coating is more visible on the crystal of the 390 too.

SO.......the 390 it seems does have a stronger bluer tint to it! Perhaps kuvarsit has it right again!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hey.....I found this post in a gen watch forum concerning the gen 390 vs the gen Pam 411.........

Since you own both, what would you say are the biggest differences between the dials besides the pig and the gold hands.

The dial on the 411 is black instead of brown and the numbers are almost engraved out of the dial whereas the 390 they are clearly printed on the surface. The blue AR coating is more visible on the crystal of the 390 too.

SO.......the 390 it seems does have a stronger bluer tint to it! Perhaps kuvarsit has it right again!

Really interesting
Could we have the link, please ??
Thanks
ALE

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12

Which post?

Perry

12/5/07
That's it. Indications are that the Kuvarsit 390 just maybe the best choice. I'm going to buy one. I was on the fence to get the noob or kv but this comment in the gen forum gives me a level of confidence. The kv417 is so good I would think I really can't can't go wrong.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I cannot see the pics
Any idea?

ALE

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
I cannot see the pics
Any idea?

ALE

You have to click on the thread link at the top right corner.

From that thread, I can't see any blue tinted AR from all the photos of thread even when lighting reflects or it is just me?

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
You cannot see the AR colour as it only shows up as a secondary reflection, when held at just the right(or wrong if you like) angle.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You cannot see the AR colour as it only shows up as a secondary reflection, when held at just the right(or wrong if you like) angle.

Here's the picture for everyone's reference
98d0013c8512a9077ac234f.jpg

I can't see the AR either.

carlton

2/10/11
Yes, that's what I mean. In usual case when the crystal have colored AR, it will show when there is light reflects on it but for this 390, I did not see any even when light reflects.

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
Yes, that's what I mean. In usual case when the crystal have colored AR, it will show when there is light reflects on it but for this 390, I did not see any even when light reflects.

- that being the (not-so-subtle) difference between primary and secondary reflections...:)

carlton

2/10/11
So are you trying to say that it have invisible colored AR on the crystal?:rofl:

Perry

12/5/07
The poster states that the blue tint is more pronounced with the gen 390. My point is that Ale mentioned that he is hearing that the blue tint with the kv390 is more pronounced than the kv417. This may in fact be correct vs gen based upon the quote from that gen forum.

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
So are you trying to say that it have invisible colored AR on the crystal?:rofl:

Nope - it's violet in any case. The difference is whether the hue bounces off from the underside of the crystal or topside.

carlton

2/10/11
Nope - it's violet in any case. The difference is whether the hue bounces off from the underside of the crystal or topside.

I believe doesn't matter which side the AR is applied on, it will still show on certain angle and lighting but base on what I see from those photos of different angles and lighting, I did not see any colored AR on it.

I might be wrong though base on what I saw.:D:

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
I believe doesn't matter which side the AR is applied on, it will still show on certain angle and lighting but base on what I see from those photos of different angles and lighting, I did not see any colored AR on it.

I might be wrong though base on what I saw.:D:

Yes - and that is exactly what I wrote in a previous post. The secondary reflection is just much more subtle (read: harder to spot) than a primary...:)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Gen PAM Boutique has AR Blue-Violet like KW. as you can see in below video
OFFICINE PANERAI Edition New York - PAM00417 ã€Â京都屋質屋】 - YouTube

What is not so clear is the blue colour in PAM 390
But reading the post in Rolex forum from an owner of two gens I would have many doubts:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost.php?p=3648188&postcount=22

As you can read he says:
"The dial on the 411 is black instead of brown and the numbers are almost engraved out of the dial whereas the 390 they are clearly printed on the surface. The blue AR coating is more visible on the crystal of the 390 too. The numbers on the 411 are skinnier and a different shape, they are the same shape as the numbers on the 26K."

Above comments are from an owner who has the two watches in front of him and taking pics. Unfortunately pics don't show the AR colour either in Boutique or in PAM 390. Usually people will try to avoid blue reflections in pics.

Really confused

COULD SOMEONE GET PICS OF PAM390 GEN AR COLOUR???

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
That quote I found is enough for me. I have an order in for the Kuvarsit 390!