• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek philippe nautilus MK v5 short pictorial review

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I can’t wait to see those microscope pics in full clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: glee79

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Is there an easy way to identify the V5 from older versions ? Not clued up on Patek Reps enough to make sure I get the correct model.

Also are crooked markers ( shown here at 12 ) a known and accepted thing on these or is this something i should reject.

9WEAR.jpg

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
JDM180 reject this one, the 12 o'clock markers look indeed off.

All 12 o'clock markers are off. Haven't seen a single piece where they are correctly stuck together. Would it be possible to reglue them better together? I know you had the crystal off?

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
All 12 o'clock markers are off. Haven't seen a single piece where they are correctly stuck together. Would it be possible to reglue them better together? I know you had the crystal off?

the one from JDM is triangular off, it is narrow at the top and widened at the bottom.

I havent taken the dial off to see how they are attached but from what I've understood of other comments of older MK versions is that they are pinned to the dial. Only PF glued them on as I remember.

Eaxlol

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/16
Is there an easy way to identify the V5 from older versions ? Not clued up on Patek Reps enough to make sure I get the correct model.

Also are crooked markers ( shown here at 12 ) a known and accepted thing on these or is this something i should reject.

9WEAR.jpg
Same issue with you, I don't know if I should accept or reject it (with the 9 & 12 markers)

https://picr.me/image/9yPfq

Sent from the RWI App

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Those QC pictures are disappointing, I thought for sure that MKF markers were all good. Hopefully these are just an isolated case.

Reactions: stufuse

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia

9WEAR.jpg

I’d accept that. It’s a fraction of a mm off. You’d never notice that on the wrist

BIONONE

28/4/17
i wasn't ready :jeff:

I have to say that i miss the genta idea on your watch now somehow hehe

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
GingerBubba hahah suck it my red headed gingeritis friend :rofl:

gilrob not the link of the u1 but I did have to re-use the split pin from the u1 and had ordered special pins from my watch part supplier. The split pin holds the link to the case and the special pin hold the strap to the link

​​​​​​​I still want to grind and mod 1 of the spare links to make it half the size is normally is for the bracelet itself but that is not going to be easy so Ill postpone that to next week or so.

ztealth

11/8/13
Which TD ? , Damn how many did they make 5 lol ? I was sitting waiting for QC

I have my own dealer directly from my friends in Guangzhou.
Most of them say its out of stock, but I think they ended up finding me one..
I am waiting for the QC pics now.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
I have my own dealer directly from my friends in Guangzhou.
Most of them say its out of stock, but I think they ended up finding me one..
I am waiting for the QC pics now.

Heard they just restocked