• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek philippe nautilus MK v5 short pictorial review

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lol, well trained.

How are you finding the watch now you're a few days in? Happy with it? Green lume annoying you? Any improvements desired?

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
I am going to be very honest here to everyone.

Couple of days in and the watch is f-ing amazing. It is so well sleek, stylish and comfortable that I havent touched my ARF sub since who was my main before and has had a lumejob. The lume of the Patek is absolutely amazing, your an idiot if you change it. The lume is white and bloody hard to get on picture because it turns green within literally seconds of any kind of light. And when it shines, it is brighter than my chromalight lumed ARF. I think the Patek actually has a super luminova c3 lume, perhaps even grade x1.

Coming from a modder who mods basically all his watches, I would not change this watch. Just a greasing of gaskets and ball bearings and it is good to go.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I am going to be very honest here to everyone.

How is the noise level of the movement which is a modified Miyota 9015 ?

As you know Miyota 9015 is famous for loud noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Looks great!!

What is the issue with the green lume?

I thought gen also has green lume?

Gen:
15bc8e7df9ab9d528a62820c91e63730.jpg

Reactions: guessit and vcappp

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
vcappp noise is loud as fuck. At first I thought the bracelet was causing the noise but turned out to be the rotor. By using some grease on the rotor it is now super quitte

mech500 if the Gen is like that, then this Rep is spot on

Reactions: stufuse and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
vcappp noise is loud as fuck. At first I thought the bracelet was causing the noise but turned out to be the rotor. By using some grease on the rotor it is now super quitte

Could you please describe where the specific spot on the rotor did you put some grease? what kind of grease and how much amount of grease? for this V5 version? Thanks.

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
Thanks for all The pics, it’s really nice. This is currently out of stock with the factory not sure how long I’m Going to have to wait for mine.

Yes I heard they sold out fast!!

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18

Damn it, bro. Every time I convince myself I should wait before I purchase this watch, I read your posts and start contemplating buying it again! lol

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Here are some random gens (according to google), as far as I can make out the lume is suppose to be green. So yours looks spot on to me. Wear it well!

47c229fedf63edfbefbaceb892f32953.jpg

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Here are some random gens (according to google), as far as I can make out the lume is suppose to be green. So yours looks spot on to me. Wear it well!

47c229fedf63edfbefbaceb892f32953.jpg

How do you think about the date wheel font of this V5 version? According to the pictures from OP above, the font size is quite large. Isn’t it?

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
yes, compared to those gen pics the datefront is a bit too bold and the horizontal line of the 1 is not reaching far enough.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It is unfortunate that the BINONE/SpongeBob DWO is not compatible with MKF Nautilus V5. However there is still some hope, that is if customclout decides to make a DWO specifically for the MKF Nautilus V5. As far as the greenish markers and hands, a relume would be necessary.

All these modifications to improve the PF or MKF, will cost more than what some people are willing to pay.

PF and MKF v5, both watches use Miyota 9015. Just curious, why it doesn’t fit? any idea?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

It looks like a quality finished watch. The dial and dial markers are nice. Can you post a few pics of the first few links of the bracelet wrapping around the wrist now you have it On properly.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I am not sure but I thought it had to do with 1 of them using an oversized size datewheel.

Thanks for your reply.

How about the engravings on the movement?

Does it engraved correctly the words
“ADJUSTED TO” ?

or still there is typo like “ADJUTODTE” ?