• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 Blue X PPF 5711 White - a Humble Comparison

aSlwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17
This one wasn’t edited, it’s straight out of my iPhone camera! Think you are seeing things, lol!

DC

Absolutely. I just realized I wrote browned what I wanted was blowed. Stupid autocorrect lol

aSlwatch

11/7/17
So how long will factories do the new version? 6 months or years?

It really depends on the sales they make on the specific model/variant. They buy parts from different manufacturers in batches so they end up with for example 1000 cases but only 300 dials or 500 bracelets. You see the problem? They will never get the same amount of parts to assemble a full watch. The faults can only be corrected on a new batch.

Reactions: vcappp

mottykytu

4/6/13
It really depends on the sales they make on the specific model/variant. They buy parts from different manufacturers in batches so they end up with for example 1000 cases but only 300 dials or 500 bracelets. You see the problem? They will never get the same amount of parts to assemble a full watch. The faults can only be corrected on a new batch.

So, because it just has been release, but have a good sales (According to hot trend here) I think it will take atleast 6month - 1 year for the new version to be released?

Do not know about other replica watch if they take less or more time for the new Version to be release...

jembediah

Renowned Member
20/5/14
i think overall it's a great reps,maybe need to improve on the date window/dwo and the crown

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
V0dtJs.jpg

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think the PPF bezel looks better proportionally than the gen bezel. At least in this photo and to my eye.

That being said, the crown is definitely hard to look at.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Pope

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
V0dtJs.jpg

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think the PPF bezel looks better proportionally than the gen bezel. At least in this photo and to my eye.

That being said, the crown is definitely hard to look at.

[/QUOTE]

Both the bezel and crown is hard to look at. I don't know why you think the bezel is better proportionally than the gen bezel, but that's your opinion. The date font is acceptable, it can be mistaken for the newer gen thin date fonts. The biggest things going for the current PPF Nautilus it's thinness and white dial. Having a modder fix the bezel and crown issues would be difficult and uneconomically feasible for most of us members. I think a v2 is needed, which btw is what PF should have done long ago.

Chaosg

26/3/18

Both the bezel and crown is hard to look at. I don't know why you think the bezel is better proportionally than the gen bezel, but that's your opinion. The date font is acceptable, it can be mistaken for the newer gen thin date fonts. The biggest things going for the current PPF Nautilus it's thinness and white dial. Having a modder fix the bezel and crown issues would be difficult and uneconomically feasible for most of us members. I think a v2 is needed, which btw is what PF should have done long ago. [/QUOTE]

I concur with your main line here.

I have bought the V1 white , though, bc you know how those factories are in terms of new versions, it's like a "box of chocolates" ;)

BIONONE , Keylog74 , or any of you guys could give an opinion about the following : I really don't know if there's a comparison IRL gen X PF , but I'm assuming that bezel and crown are closer to gen than PPF's. I am also assuming that bracelet is acceptable as well. So, is the idea of swapping dial/movmt of PPF into a PF case set feasible?

I side by side PF X gen would be nice to compare finishing , of course. But I'd accept the bigger thickness of this hybrid if the bezel/crown issue is solved that way.

Of course, let's hope for a better V2.... :popcorn2:

cheers

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
no PF v2 ....

No PF v2 so far, just some minor update went silent...

So, is the idea of swapping dial/movemt of PPF into a PF case set feasible?

You can probably Swap the dial but than you will have to cut the fits that hold it to the movement. Moving also the movement not sure if its easy or can be done because of the thickness difference.

Tube/ Crown position will need to be checked.

About the overhaul PF quality i also agree that it is the more close to 1:1, BIONONE can confirm (and others who did use it for based franken) date window is to gen speck and so is besel. About the bracalet it surely feels more robust than ppf...

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Of course, that was a joke referencing -I don't even remember his nickname- that was convinced of having a PF v2 :lol:

Reactions: gilrob

Chaosg

26/3/18

You can probably Swap the dial but than you will have to cut the fits that hold it to the movement. Moving also the movement not sure if its easy or can be done because of the thickness difference.

About the overhaul PF quality i also agree that it is the more close to 1:1, BIONONE can confirm (and others who did use it for based franken) date window is to gen speck and so is besel. About the bracalet it surely feels more robust than ppf...

Thank you, but I was thinking about a more simple swap - I'd get the PPF's movmt/dial/hands all together and put it into the PF case. In that case, the crown/stem should be the PF's . I guess some work has to be done on the movmt holders in order to adjust it to the case and stem height.

What do you guys think?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
It was rep-fan, not to be confused with that other annoying rep something.;)

Equally annoying if you ask me ... Thanks for the reminder (already forgotten his name) :lol:

By the way guys, if you want this thread to be a sticky (I agree with you guys on that) give some love to your section moderator QueTip :)

mottykytu

4/6/13

What movements the PF used? I think they also use the miyota 9015 ???
Btw are there any already comparition between PF VS PPF White 5711 in our forum? I can hardly find it but think it is worth writing by someone who own Both (I think there are many here)

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
PF VS PPF White 5711 in our forum?
-
There is no point in such comparation. PF dial has is off in terms accuracy. PF uses standart 9015 while ZF/PPF have modified it further.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Equally annoying if you ask me ... Thanks for the reminder (already forgotten his name) :lol:

By the way guys, if you want this thread to be a sticky (I agree with you guys on that) give some love to your section moderator QueTip :)

We want your review of the MKF v5 to be a sticky.:)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
We want your review of the MKF v5 to be a sticky.:)

Thanks ;)

The way I've build it on RWG would generate problem here, as the forum isn't displaying things the same way and doesn't have the same width, I would need to rebuild it again, maybe sometime I'll do that ;)