• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 Blue X PPF 5711 White - a Humble Comparison

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Thank you for this great review mate!
If you ever put your hand on a blue pff... ;)

You're very welcome, mate!

BTW, I'm still waiting and hoping that a better version of PPF blue to come out. But you might have noticed already that the main characteristics are shared by both colours and, therefore, already shown here. So, you do have elements to judge IMHO.

What I do think that may be interesting to do is a comparison between PF and gen, both blue. I do not intend to buy PF, btw, but if you guys want I could perform such a comparison on one piece of yours IRL.

Last edited:
Reactions: csthe and vcappp

Chaosg

26/3/18
This thread deserves to be a sticky IMO ;)

informative and well written. Humble all the way and in no way biased. This is the kind of knowledge and valuable information the forum needs.

Huge thanks to you mate - nice to have you here!

Wow, wow....:smile: , I'm flattered . Thank you so much, mate !

Well, I don't think that post was that good, though...for instance, pics were just so so. Man, you have to see such wonderful pics on other posts - so nice!

BTW, before one of you guys notice .... I'M NOT intending to increase my post count answering to those who bravely read and answered to the post... :wowa:, in fact I'm quite happy you guys enjoyed and gave your opinions about it. So, even though should the answer be a negative one , all of you guys are welcome and deserve my respects.

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: BIONONE

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
For the PPF blue, I’m still waiting to see better pics, so far, I didn’t like the colour. I hope it can be improved.

cheers

This is my blue dial PPF received yesterday. Shot with DSLR and edited so that the colour of the pic matched as close as possible to what my eye saw. But of course this is still affected by the device you view it on, so no guarantee that it looks the same on your phone/laptop/pc as how it looks on mine!!

F160228-E-B1-E7-43-EE-B9-DC-238226-AD2-F32.jpg

In any case, suffice to say it DOESNT have the nasty bright blue/purple look that it appears to have in some pics, and in natural light it does have a slightly green tinge to it, but mostly grey blue!

DC

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Wow, wow....:smile: , I'm flattered . Thank you so much, mate !

Well, I don't think that post was that good, though...for instance, pics were just so so. Man, you have to see such wonderful pics on other posts - so nice!

and again - humble all the way ;)

Your pictures are decent! just like you would expect the watches appear in real life. No edited or "perfect light source" pictures that are away from reality.

We all know THE moment when the watch catches indirect light and reflects in that special way that deserves a wrist shot. But in the end that is not 24/7 the case hehe so your pictures are perfectly fine and of course - there are still plenty of those moments captured in your thread.

Like i said - informative and could be on top of the "best nautilus 5711" threads list (when it comes to the white dial)

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Maybe this shows it better, my PPF on the left in natural light, your gen on the right in natural light...

0653788-D-49-BC-435-F-98-EB-ACC2-F19-E4560.jpg

Close enough for me!!!

DC

Last edited:

Chaosg

26/3/18
Maybe this shows it better, my PPF on the left in natural light, your gen on the right in natural light...

0653788-D-49-BC-435-F-98-EB-ACC2-F19-E4560.jpg

Close enough for me!!!

DC

Hi, firstly I'd like to say your previous pic on previous post is just amazing!

In regard to the differences and similarities shown on your pic, I'd say that the absence of purple tint is already a great thing, and the colour itself looks promising.

It's well known that this colour would be more difficult to mimic, anyway. I suspect that PPF would have intended to surf on the popularity of white one in order to get more orders when issuing the blue dial, even though it was not at stage that were closer to gen. This might be true if we think about PPF issuing the grey face, which for me was kind of appalling.... :wacko:

I thought about a comparison IRL using PF or MKF just bc the dials were supposed to be same period of mine. Also, getting pics and putting it side by side of older and newer blue genuine ones is not very reliable, due to different lightning and so on that affects colour capture, as you know very well.

Well, it's nonetheless interesting to compare mine and PPF blue IRL side by side, and I can do so should one of you guys send me the sample.

cheers

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Well, it's nonetheless interesting to compare mine and PPF blue IRL side by side, and I can do so should one of you guys send me the sample.

cheers

I would volunteer to send mine, but firstly I’m currently far too attached to it, and secondly I’d be scared of it going side by side with a gen and being totally off by a million miles and then I’d be sad lol!

Where are you located?!

DC

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

Chaosg

26/3/18
I would volunteer to send mine, but firstly I’m currently far too attached to it, and secondly I’d be scared of it going side by side with a gen and being totally off by a million miles and then I’d be sad lol!

Where are you located?!

DC

LOL,...very true ! ;)

I've posted a video before posting this thread where I underlined this message -- ignorance is a bliss... ;)

Well, you love your pieces until the day you go into one of those hellish websites, full of rep connoisseurs, and then you start not liking or even hating your once adored reps... :jeff:

I will send you a pm

cheers

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
...but how about can you buy a Nautilus as wrong as the ppf ??? Bezel and Crown are orrible!!!
When there are other Factories that reproduce it much better !!!

Reactions: gilrob

BIONONE

28/4/17
...but how about can you buy a Nautilus as wrong as the ppf ??? Bezel and Crown are orrible!!!

you didn't get the point of the comparison, did you?

oh and show me one factory that achieved the same finish, same bracelet quality and flexibility, same thickness, the same magnificent dial in white, a correct DW font AND a decent decoration ...(as long as one could call decorated movements decent...)

Oh yeah there isn't one ;)

Chaosg

26/3/18

Ciao mio amico,

Well, I don't think PPF is too horrible, and the thread is to let you compare it side by side with a gen for the purpose of getting your own perspective.

Bezel is passable when you're wearing it, and crown.... yes, is not that good but every one has a threshold for pain in the eye, isn't it ... :)

But, for the rest you can see it by yourself.

Regarding to other factories, I kind of disagree that they do a better job -- that's why I have offered myself to compare PF's or MKF's ....

Please, all lovers of PF's and MKF's, it's just a personal opinion of mine. So PLEASE ignore my following words....

But I couldn't accept the wonky dials with drunk indexes, skinny and totally off DWs, much higher thickness and, as a cherry on the cake, a decorated movement that is quite a thing.... AND THEY HAD plenty of time already to fix it, no?

So, let's put it then in perspective.

cheers

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Ciao mio amico,

Well, I don't think PPF is too horrible, and the thread is to let you compare it side by side with a gen for the purpose of getting your own perspective.

Bezel is passable when you're wearing it, and crown.... yes, is not that good but every one has a threshold for pain in the eye, isn't it ... :)

Regarding to other factories, I kind of disagree that they do a better job -- that's why I have offered myself to compare PF's or MKF's ....

Please, all lovers of PF's and MKF's, it's just a personal opinion of mine. So PLEASE ignore my following words....

But I couldn't accept the wonky dials with drunk indexes, skinny and totally off DWs, much higher thickness and, as a cherry on the cake, a decorated movement that is quite a thing.... AND THEY HAD plenty of time already to fix it, no?

cheers

PPF with PF/MKF bezel and crown.
It will be ok!!! :)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Do not remember you were the reference for what is wrong or not in regards to the nautilus...
This thread is clearly showing, what a lot of sensible members here have been saying from the start : don't trust 100 % the random pics and ill-advised nexpert and know it all that you'll meet on the forum.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Do not remember you were the reference for what is wrong or not in regards to the nautilus...
This thread is clearly showing, what a lot of sensible members here have been saying from the start : don't trust 100 % the random pics and ill-advised nexpert and know it all that you'll meet on the forum.

it's just my opinion based on facts: wrong ring and crown.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Ciao mio amico,

cheers

Thank you for beautiful comparison!!! ;-)

aSlwatch

11/7/17
Really good comparison. Made me pull the trigger on the blue one.
Thank you

aSlwatch

11/7/17
This is my blue dial PPF received yesterday. Shot with DSLR and edited so that the colour of the pic matched as close as possible to what my eye saw. But of course this is still affected by the device you view it on, so no guarantee that it looks the same on your phone/laptop/pc as how it looks on mine!!

F160228-E-B1-E7-43-EE-B9-DC-238226-AD2-F32.jpg

In any case, suffice to say it DOESNT have the nasty bright blue/purple look that it appears to have in some pics, and in natural light it does have a slightly green tinge to it, but mostly grey blue!

DC

Thank you for the effort to show the “real” dial color. It’s important to have that feedback from real samples.
Don’t take me wrong but it seems you overedited this photo. You shouldn’t abuse the contrast - see all those browned highlights on the bezel and bracelet?
cheers

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thank you for the effort to show the “real” dial color. It’s important to have that feedback from real samples.
Don’t take me wrong but it seems you overedited this photo. You shouldn’t abuse the contrast - see all those browned highlights on the bezel and bracelet?
cheers

No I can’t see any browned highlights so no idea what you are talking about?! Maybe you are seeing the reflections of my living room in the background lol. Either way I like how it looks!

DC