• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 Blue X PPF 5711 White - a Humble Comparison

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Just like the bezel issue, it may be too costly or too difficult. It's best to ask a modder or wait for the v2.

I concur too. Bezel fixing would demand a special tool that makes the grinding/polishing around the bezel. It would be useful too for APs bezels - who knows it could be a good mkt opportunity for modder to provide services of polishing AP bezels.

For the crown, it does look a lot of work, bc making the indentation deeper on the case is not a piece of cake - and the mkt for modder is restricted

Really a V2 would be great

mottykytu

4/6/13
That’s so difficult to answer your question, I guess mainly bc I’m here at RWI with all this crazy nitpickers around me.... :woo:

I’d nevertheless keep what I already said before, that the PPF white one is quite comparable when you see the full picture. If you check the last set of pics on comparison, it was meant to give you exactly the chance to feel it.

But, I guess only bc I’m here I’d recognize it as a replica - should I be a gen owner not aware of that, I’d bet it would pass as gen , although with crown not fully screwed down. Of course, on macro pics this would vanish....

For the blue versions like PF and MKF, I’d recognize as a replica bc colour is not good ( I know lots of you think otherwise). I have to base my opinion on the pics I’ve seen, though, and it’s really necessary to have IRL to make a sure assertion.

For the PPF blue, I’m still waiting to see better pics, so far, I didn’t like the colour. I hope it can be improved.

cheers

Very Nice, One point I really want to ask Gen Owner like you is that Does the BEZEL Thickness different really THAT obvious in real life?

mottykytu

4/6/13
Just like the bezel issue, it may be too costly or too difficult. It's best to ask a modder or wait for the v2.

And then, they will make another flaws in the V2... This time may be Hands/Dial Flaws?

Sure they never make it perfectly...

Chaosg

26/3/18
Very Nice, One point I really want to ask Gen Owner like you is that Does the BEZEL Thickness different really THAT obvious in real life?

Well, IMHO, the difference is not that obvious IRL, as you might agree based on the last 4 pics of post.

Also, I think that the increased thickness of brushed area is more obvious on the blue dial due to contrast.

cheers

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
And then, they will make another flaws in the V2... This time may be Hands/Dial Flaws?

Sure they never make it perfectly...

Maybe? We'll just have to wait and see. If the next version is not good enough, move on to another watch/model.

centrum

27/7/14
Let PPF take the throne of the rep Nautilus. It is a very handsome watch indeed. If they fix those obvious issues with the next version, I will be tempted to buy one. Thank you for your excellent review!

mottykytu

4/6/13
Maybe? We'll just have to wait and see. If the next version is not good enough, move on to another watch/model.

Normally, how long will it take for TD to make a V2 of a successful Rep Watch? Months or a year? If it 3-6months, I can wait :)

Reactions: Seefeld

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Excellent post and great comparison, thanks a lot for the effort!

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Thank you for this great review mate!
If you ever put your hand on a blue pff... ;)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
This thread deserves to be a sticky IMO ;)

informative and well written. Humble all the way and in no way biased. This is the kind of knowledge and valuable information the forum needs.

Huge thanks to you mate - nice to have you here!

Reactions: csthe

Chaosg

26/3/18
Let PPF take the throne of the rep Nautilus. It is a very handsome watch indeed. If they fix those obvious issues with the next version, I will be tempted to buy one. Thank you for your excellent review!

You're very welcome , mate!